• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

COME ON MAN!!! "My analysis of your Picture"
DO YOU HAVE A PhD and made a Thesis about : "The DV Lottery "
You should do a book with all your analysis.....

I am a FINANCIAL Analyst,

I Analyst many company stocks before I invest.
That is why, I need to be able to spot a RED FLAG before I lost money on my investment.

and I apply that here, because I always try to do my best in everything I do.

I am a FINANCIAL Analyst,

I Analyst many company stocks before I invest.
That is why, I need to be able to spot a RED FLAG before I lost money on my investment.

and I apply that here, because I always try to do my best in everything I do.

This Dv Lottery is too much in your mind!!! Relax dude!! You are not working here !!
Don't you have some work to stay here all day long...I don't believe you, If you were FINANCIAL Analyst you won't stay here all day long, writing tons of comments...

can somebody please explain what lower case number means and why is it called lower?I applied for DV 2011 too.I live in NY,so i am waiting for the NL as well and would like to understand why some people have lower case number, does it depend on when the person applied or what?

This Dv Lottery is too much in your mind!!! Relax dude!! You are not working here !!
Don't you have some work to stay here all day long...I don't believe you, If you were FINANCIAL Analyst you won't stay here all day long, writing tons of comments...

I do NOT have to work all the time.
I am currently FULLY INVESTED now,

and the beauty of doing your own private investment is, you can have Freedom to choose when to work and when to have fun,
and when to help other :)

USherifA !

Do you realize that since you create your ID earlier today,
All Your post is made only to "reply" to my post ?

You do NOT do anything else beside attacking me...

so when you say why don't I relax and when you ask "don't I have some work to do" ?

don't you think you should be asking yourself first ? :)

because since I post earlier today, you are always here with me :)

ps:
US
herifA !
I do want to say Thank You for accompanying me here (all day long),
I really appreciate that
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My analysis of your Picture.

First of all, it was delivered to US Mailing Address.
and people with US Mailing Address had the ability to choose between CP or AOS.

But people who have US Mailing Address who use CP procedure and fly back to their home country for interview with local embassy,
do NOT to worry much if their 2nd NL was missing or late.
Because KCC can just e-mail them the 2n NL for CP.

Now take note that all the important Files that belong to you will be sent directly from KCC to the Local Embassy where you do your interview.

Yes, when you go to that interview at your embassy, you will see the document files that you had filled up and sent to KCC after your first NL several months before,
are already BACK in the hand of your interviewer at your local embassy !!!

but people with AOS do need their document in order to face their interview at AOS office if USA.
that is why I do believe if KCC sent the document for AOS via Fedex.

Second, the date on the document is January 25,
so it is FAR from the deadline of September 30, where people with CP will have they last interview date available.
so even if their 2nd NL is late, People can just rescheduled their interview with their home country embassy.
there is NO URGENT need here for a 2nd letter for CP to be sent via Fedex by looking at the January 25 date,
or as I said above, e-mail is always FASTER than even FEDEX...

but for AOS interview, those document can NOT be mailed, and had to be the original copy from KCC.
That is why KCC use Fedex and that is why you had to PAY the FEE for AOS process.

I also want to add that The LARGEST ADVANTAGE that FEDEX have over Regular US POSTAL MAIL
if you are shipping from US Address to another US Address,
is SAFETY.

Because we can TRACK the document, and we can NOT do that if we use Regular US Postal Mail Service.
so The Speed Advantage is MINIMAL, US Postal Mail should be able to sent your mail in just 3 or 4 days,
while Fedex should be able to sent you between 1 day to 3 day depend on the level of service you choose to pay.

and this SAFETY Advantage provided by FEDEX is clear for AOS document !

so again, I want to ask for your honest answer,
is that document a 2nd letter for CP or for AOS ?

Purity, believe me, I swear the god, that guy is already in US. He was DV applicant. He got the letter by Fedex. I know it is hard to believe. I know that KCC sends out the letter by via postal mail.

///M-Power,

Thank You for Respecting My Opinion.
I also Respect Your Opinion (and everybody else),
of course it doesn't mean we should agree with each other opinion, but at least we respect each other opinion.

I also see that your ID name, "///M-Power" had something related to M3 or M6 or M5 or X5M or X6M :) (am I right ?)
so you had a good taste there.
and I also understand that you are legally working in USA under H1B visa after graduating from US University.
So I know that you are more open minded and know the law and culture of US people.

I also graduated from US University, but it was 14 years ago hahaha. yeah, I am too old for this... :)

Now we do had strong disagreement in the past few days,
but of course that do NOT mean we can NOT disagree in the future, right ?
I am sure that You (and me) are interested in getting the most correct information (with solid proof, fact and explanation in detail)
because it will help us with the future process just in case we won DV,
or at least we know how DV Lottery works.

On that spirit,
I know that it is everybody right if they refuse to SCAN their NL to proof they had won DV 2011.

but, every year I play with DV Lottery,
there are always someone who want to play with other people emotion.

They like to FAKE their winning claim and they try to convince people that they are the first one who received NL at that year.

This year is still the same.

People still claim they received their NL, but when people push them with more detailed question, they become defensive,
and in the end refuse to Proof it.

I know that this time frame is the normal time frame for people to start receiving their NL,
but unless they can give us solid proof,
their claim is NOT proven.

as you said, (and as I said before on my first post at this thread), it do not matter much if they fake it or not...

but as human, I can understand other people feeling who have high hopes of winning DV Lottery.
so I hate to see other people "PLAY AROUND" with other people emotion.

I am NOT trying to be a hero here,
but I do feel bad, if I saw someone is trying to trick/fool/play with someone else emotion,
and I just can NOT shut up and do nothing when I see that happening...
I sure you would do the same.

now, you then might ask me,
what is the benefit if someone do scan their NL and show it here ?
Well the benefit is not in financial reward,
but at least,
that person can be Acknowledge by every member and (guest reader/non member),
that he was the one who actually able to proof that he had received his NL.
and that person who is willing to scan his NL,
can be proud that he had just make some other human feel happy,
knowing for sure, the NL had been sent.

I am sure in the past you had helped stranger, and you feel satisfy because
you had been able to help other in need.
That feeling alone is rewarding enough (at least for me) to go the extra effort and scan the NL,
if I do ever won DV lottery.

purity;

I understand you've been in the DV lottery related forums / talks for a long time. So have I. Reading / writing for a long time and applying since 2001. No NLs yet.

After a couple of years and getting involved more and more every year, I realized it's a slight chance, therefore, I kinda made my way to the U.S. step by step and I'm on H1B finally.

The DV lottery is not something you have to get your hopes up. Obviously it helps to have in certain situations like mine (being obliged to work for only my employer, can't quit, can't get fired, switching jobs need paper filing with DHS etc.) but, I believe someone who really wants to come to the US should not sit home and wait for the NL. There are many other ways. The lottery should be a "bonus" while you're doing what you have to do. If I win, voila!. If I don't, life goes on as H1B.

I believe everyone should be in the same mindset. Believe it or not, coming to US on a student visa and looking for job opportunities is much more easier and probably will cost less than what people pay for GC process totally (health control, checks to DHS etc).

purity, I have to agree on someone who wrote about the negative energy out of your posts. That happens to me sometimes especially when I talk to somebody. When I was younger, I used to go full throttle and smash people by my words when I believe I was right. Until I realized that we are human beings and we do make mistakes. Sometimes we are not right, we know something wrong, or there are cases like "you never know". Even if you're right, you lose because of your attitude. You prove you're right many ways, you are labeled "arrogant" or "jerk". However, a little bit positive approach can make you an angel.

After being in such situations a couple of times and saw how embarrassing it was, I started to take it easy and approach with caution. There is also "Your knowledge is limited to what other people can understand". Basically, don't be fool with the fool, let them go.

The "you" I use above, is not intended to "you" (purity), so don't take it personal.

*p.s., correct hit on the M3. Have an E46 Coupe, but you missed the M Roadster ;). Can't keep 'em both, interested in any of them? I give you immigration forum discount haha.

Purity, believe me, I swear the god, that guy is already in US. He was DV applicant. He got the letter by Fedex. I know it is hard to believe. I know that KCC sends out the letter by via postal mail.

EXCHANGE ST,

again I do believe you if you say that the Letter that was sent by FEDEX is a Letter for AOS applicant.
as you said above the guy is already in the US,
so most probably he is doing AOS. (Adjustment of Status).
Please kindly check again with your friend, and ask is the letter for CP or for AOS.

if you say it is 2nd letter for CP then, I am sorry but I find it hard to believe.
if you say it is 2nd letter for AOS then, I had believe it all along... (you can check my post earlier today).

and you also said above that you know that KCC sends out the letter by via postal mail ?
What letter you are referring to ? are we talking about 1NL ?
if you do know that fact,
than we both can agree that SPURGUNDA claim about receiving 1NL via FEDEX is a FAKE.

purity;

I understand you've been in the DV lottery related forums / talks for a long time. So have I. Reading / writing for a long time and applying since 2001. No NLs yet.

After a couple of years and getting involved more and more every year, I realized it's a slight chance, therefore, I kinda made my way to the U.S. step by step and I'm on H1B finally.

The DV lottery is not something you have to get your hopes up. Obviously it helps to have in certain situations like mine (being obliged to work for only my employer, can't quit, can't get fired, switching jobs need paper filing with DHS etc.) but, I believe someone who really wants to come to the US should not sit home and wait for the NL. There are many other ways. The lottery should be a "bonus" while you're doing what you have to do. If I win, voila!. If I don't, life goes on as H1B.

I believe everyone should be in the same mindset. Believe it or not, coming to US on a student visa and looking for job opportunities is much more easier and probably will cost less than what people pay for GC process totally (health control, checks to DHS etc).

purity, I have to agree on someone who wrote about the negative energy out of your posts. That happens to me sometimes especially when I talk to somebody. When I was younger, I used to go full throttle and smash people by my words when I believe I was right. Until I realized that we are human beings and we do make mistakes. Sometimes we are not right, we know something wrong, or there are cases like "you never know". Even if you're right, you lose because of your attitude. You prove you're right many ways, you are labeled "arrogant" or "jerk". However, a little bit positive approach can make you an angel.

After being in such situations a couple of times and saw how embarrassing it was, I started to take it easy and approach with caution. There is also "Your knowledge is limited to what other people can understand". Basically, don't be fool with the fool, let them go.

The "you" I use above, is not intended to "you" (purity), so don't take it personal.

*p.s., correct hit on the M3. Have an E46 Coupe, but you missed the M Roadster ;). Can't keep 'em both, interested in any of them? I give you immigration forum discount haha.

///M-Power,

Thank you again for all your kind words above.
I am right about you, that you are a Logical Sensible person based on your education and your H1-B status.
I know how hard it is to get sponsored for H1-B status, so you must have something special indeed that enable you to do that.

about being Arrogant and Jerk, please take note that it was only a "RESIDUAL" effect of the DRAMA we have last week.
all the player that do NOT like me is still the same player,
and I do NOT intent or hope they would change their mind on me,

but with you,
it is DIFFERENT !!!

First, I see your ID ///M-Power, that show we both share the same passion :)
Second, I see your background, and I can see that you have something special.
Third, I can relate to your feeling, because I will do the same thing like you do when you ask the moderator to ban me,
out of solidarity to someone you had been known here and communicate a lot for some times., so again, I had NO hard feeling on that to you.

as I told you, I graduate from US University 14 years ago, so I am probably much older than you :) hahaha
so Student Visa and Worker Visa (H1-B) is not an OPTION for me, because not to many US company want to hire an older person like me.

but I do thinking of doing EB-5 investment visa in the future, if I still do NOT win DV lottery by next year.
it is just the EB-5 investment visa could make me lost a lot of money, so I got to be careful in choosing the desired "center" for that purpose,

and I envy you because right now you had the chance to enjoy your amazing M3 and M Roadster on Great American Road,
while I can only imagine that for now by reading Online News about those M machines :)

ps: My target is the next M5 or X6M for my family daily use, if I ever able to move to US by next year :) (and GT3 RS too for ahem my personal use :) )

purity,

Can you give me some tips on how to analyst company stocks? I want to start my investments. Thank you very much.

but I do thinking of doing EB-5 investment visa in the future, if I still do NOT win DV lottery by next year.
it is just the EB-5 investment visa could make me lost a lot of money, so I got to be careful in choosing the desired "center" for that purpose

Purity, thank you for your nice words!

Investor visa is bit hit or miss.

We know investor green card is $1M. They say $500k is good too, but I hear that the DHS won't accept anywhere but a place in the middle of a jungle or desert as it has to be in a "rural" area.

There's also EB-2 investor visa, they mention "the applicant has to make a substantial investment in an already existing business". You need to buy into a business. There's no mention of that "substantial" amount. Some say $200k is enough, some say they got it with $75k investment in a smaller business. The good thing is you can work for the business that you invest in. As long as the business exists, you have a valid visa. Just don't go bankrupt or close it. Bad thing, it's not a permanent intended visa. Which means, you can't apply for green card or sponsor yourself. No problems in traveling, buying a car, house, mortgage etc. But you have to keep that business open to live in the US.

Either of those need a strong lawyer.

Hi guys,
I was a DV2010 winner and in my case 1st NL was "Priority A" International mail postmarked Sweden without any date stamp on the envelope, so I don't know exact post date. From what I read, delivery to Asian region usually took more than 3 weeks from the printed date on NL letter and mine was the case (see my sig below).
I took CP and 2nd NL was shipped via FEDEX which I did not expect. FEDEX or USPS was not a big deal to me because documents in it were real. I wish I could help someone who is curious to know how KCC delivers 2nd NL to US address, but I already toss the envelope into trash and strictly speaking, it is impossible to prove what was in it after opening the envelope.

Good luck to you all !!

can somebody please explain what lower case number means and why is it called lower?I applied for DV 2011 too.I live in NY,so i am waiting for the NL as well and would like to understand why some people have lower case number, does it depend on when the person applied or what?

Every winner has a case number beginning from 1 to around maximum of 30000 - 40000 for the region who applied like AS/EU/AF/OC/SA. for example if a winner from Asia region has AS000026 case number and another winner has AS000926 then first person has a Lower case number!
Because KCC every year send about 100.000 notification letter out then about %50 of winners could get Green card at last. Chance of getting green card is much more for whom has a lower case number because KCC will invite winners to interview and process they work from Case number 1 to the end and when the given visas reach 50.000 the invite and process of the remain winners stops and winners who didn't get invited for interview can't receive green card at all! I hope it would be useful for you.

Good to see that everyone is so calm and in a good mood. Just really in need of that NL that would lead to a greencard thus to a life in the US where I personally will be happy and my child will have a bright future/education/social life/justice etc. or at least a life of his own will. Hope that the aplicants who really want and deserve get the NL, not the ones that applied just for the sake of it.

First of all,
I did POINTED OUT to this forum that for International Mailing Address, the letter will be sent/post stamp from European Country (that I forgot).
Now as Joequi clearly said above that country is SWEDEN, so I can safely assume that Joequi agree with me with the fact that for International Mailing Address, KCC used European Post Office (Subcontracted).
and this fact was first mention here in this thread by me several days ago. and that was one of THE BASIS for MY ANALYSIS,

Second,
Joequi case number is AF19XXX (19000 something).
and That is NOT that high of a case number, because AF region case number goes as high as over 64,300 on DV 2009 !
Your letter was printed on April 2'2009, and with DV2009, if I am not mistaken some NL had been printed even earlier around March' 2009.

but now you say, why people with lower AF case number (ie 2500) received their NL at the same time as yours ?

First explanation,
AF region had many countries,
and your country own post office could be FASTER than the other person from Africa with that lower case number.
so eventhough your NL (with higher case number) was sent later, it do arrive at the same time as the other African participant with the lower case number than yours.

Second explanation,
KCC ship to SWEDEN by BULK SHIPMENT.
That mean they had to combine several PRINTING BATCH before they ship it to Sweden.
So since your NL case number was 19,000 which can be consider medium low number,
your NL was bundled together with the other AF case number with 2,500 as his case,
before ship TOGETHER to SWEDEN in ONE Bulk Shipment.
That is why, from Sweden, both your letter arrive or SENT OUT at the same time,
eventhough your case number is higher than the 2,500.

Look you guys need to understand that this is large operation,
so everything need to be in order and sort correctly to minimize cost.

when you analyze everything, you should analyze it from COST point of view.

Purity,

Thanks for the explaination, i understand the process better now, and that should be the reason why my case number and others with relatively low case number could be received at the same period in my country.

Because KCC every year send about 100.000 notification letter out then about %50 of winners could get Green card at last.

Yes, I used to understand like that. However 50,000 , numerical limit for DV category visa issuance per year, includes eligible family members (DV2, DV3) of primary applicant (PA) that is of DV1.
US Department of State has disclosed DV2008 stats and documents, a bit more detail than usual:
(at this point I am not allowed to post URL, go to Wikipedia "Diversity Immigrant Visa" and open reference No. 6)
They assume in DV2008 entrants, the number of eligible family member besides primary entrants is more than 0.5 per one entrant on an average. 100,000 winners were supposed to have totally 50,000 or more eligible family members in DV 2008. This means 50,000 visas were issued out of roughly more than 150,000 total applicants. If we assume the number of eligible family member (DV2, DV3 category) is 0.5-1.0 per one PA, 33%-25% of winners(=PA) could get GC eventually. When dependents are more than expected and/or more than 33% of PA would be granted for DV1 visa in lower CN applicants, cut off number would move slowly and the risk would be increased for higher CN people, they wouldn't be called for interview.

Last edited by a moderator: