• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

русские есть?
Congratulation to all winners!
I hope that soon i`ll get my own NL in Russia.

I think the KCC might send first the Africa region coz it s far and the mail system is kind of horrible and that is the region where people get the most NL, as :
GHANA : 8,752
NIGERIA : 6,006
ETHIOPIA :5,200
KENYA : 4,619
EGYPT : 4,201
SIERRA LEONE : 3,898
CAMEROON : 3,719
MOROCCO : 3,124
LIBERIA : 2,172
ALGERIA : 1,957
CONGO : 1,817
And u can see in this link, that the KCC put Egypt Ethiopia & Nigeria as an exception (maybe coz they do have soo much winners....) :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4805.html >>> go to B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY (we can see who is current for their interview: its by CN)
Thats why i do think the KCC send 1st to those countries, Europe Have a lot more better mail system & except some countries as :
Ukraine UZBEKISTAN Turkey Albania Germany (more than 2000 winners) all others countries got a lot less winners. Even if sometimes the shipment system can be horrible too!! LOl

Im a HUGE AFRICAN NL FAN!!!! GOOOOOO AFRICA !!!!!

Diafa,
Why dont you try the UK.
Its not the US but its pretty cool and very open minded.
Many young people from all over the world live,study or work here.
No DL required for you here.

God can do it

My prayer is Our God, will give all forum member the luck to get the notification, it always good to have people of focus and determination. without actually know each other and giving advices. keep it up members

more winner will emerge from this forum in the name of God almighty

Dv 2011 1st NL

My friend reported that 2 people got the mail in his Office mail room yesterday in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Last edited by a moderator:
joe

are u in the us or nigeria

ask your friend the nl numbers so that we can have an ideal how amny has been posted

the shipment is pretty fast from the US to Nigeria...On what date the KCC have dated the NL??

Still nothing from california

Hello All,
nothing from california today .
So lets take a weekend break and start the wait again on monday.

Peace
Win Oman Win....

Sunday is the worst day for us!!! lol
Im sure Monday will be a good day for a lot of people!!!!!

Keep it up guys!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheerrsss!!

Still nothing in US today :(
Yep, let's take a break, and check back our mailbox on Monday! Second week of April should get better! Good luck!

You guys I am floating around this site and I'm starting to get nervous. My issue is that I only completed year 10 but have other educational qualifications outside of school. I have contacted the education department in my state and discussed this whole process. I copied Certificates etc and had my level of education re-evaluated. I got an email back from a senior information officer stating that my level of education would be evaluated higher than year 12. She even gave me a ranking number if I wish to apply for University based on my current education. I have printed the email as evidence IF I am chosen and have the consular Interview. I have seen that on the DSP-122 (question 6) you have to tick a box OR write in the 'other' section.... Is this where I should explain the email that I have? Also with the employment section - DO your dates of employment have to be exact ? ARGHHH - Should I not be so nervous... or do I have reason to be?

This is a citation from the DV-2011 Instructions:

"You must have either a high school education or its equivalent...
A "high school education or equivalent" is defined as successful completion of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a high school education in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; correspondence programs or equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable"

From this above, I think that they are specifically stating the 12-year course of elementary and secondary education as the only equivalent to a high school education. If that's the case than it doesn't matter if your aggregated education surpasses the 12-year course. The only ones that can give you a definite answer to your dilemma are those from the KCC so consider e-mailing them or perhaps giving them a call would be better.

What about the work experience option, have you checked if you qualify through that?

Last edited by a moderator: