• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Guys, I have a question. I applied for the Dv-2011 and the address I put in there is what im currently living in, but what will happen if I changed my address? Because i'm moving out next month and I do live in the US at this moment. Would I still get the notification if iam a winner. Please, let me know if you have something to say.

Guys, I have a question. I applied for the Dv-2011 and the address I put in there is what im currently living in, but what will happen if I changed my address? Because i'm moving out next month and I do live in the US at this moment. Would I still get the notification if iam a winner. Please, let me know if you have something to say.

Can't you use some kind of mailforwarding service? Anyway, you can check you status on this website: http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ after July 1st.

I am Afrikaans, which is Dutch related. I am originally from South Africa.

Hi Boer

Where in SA were you from? How long have you been in the States and on what visa? I sure hope more South Africans win this year, especially you and me :rolleyes:
I know you from the SA forum I think? I'm on the West Rand with my husband and children. Really anxious to leave the country. Things are becoming quite volatile here, what with the ANC youth president chanting "kill the Boer" and now the news that Eugene Terreblanche was murdered yesterday. I am concerned for my children and pray for peace and the safety of my loved ones.

COngratulations to the first DV winner in KY. What awesome news!! :D:D
Good things are coming our way - positive thinking is vital!
Good Luck to everyone else playing.
Diafa and USA - you guys need to get a room already hehehehe only kidding. The good spirits on this forum are making me feel mischievous!

Hi Boer

Where in SA were you from? How long have you been in the States and on what visa? I sure hope more South Africans win this year, especially you and me :rolleyes:
I know you from the SA forum I think? I'm on the West Rand with my husband and children. Really anxious to leave the country. Things are becoming quite volatile here, what with the ANC youth president chanting "kill the Boer" and now the news that Eugene Terreblanche was murdered yesterday. I am concerned for my children and pray for peace and the safety of my loved ones.Good things are coming our way - positive thinking is vital!
Diafa and USA - you guys need to get a room already hehehehe only kidding. The good spirits on this forum are making me feel mischievous!

Hi LMSA!
HOpe the situation in SA will be better ...!!!
as for u r joke lol I have someone lol but friendship is allowed even on internet LOl
U made me laugh!!
Hope U ll get this NL and be able to live in a safe country where u dont have to be scared everywhere !!!
WISH U GOOD LUCK & the best for u and u r family!!!!!!!

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO U ll be next !!!! ???????????,
HOPE AGAIN THAT IT WILL BE SOMEONE WHO IS FROM THIS THREAD, reading or writing !!
I don t know if Monday is a day off in USA, in France YES....sooo no mail for french
If it s not a day off in US we will have some other winners in US!!
SO keep HOPE, Wish & PRAY that tomorrow all of u guys living in US will have some good news and a huge smile on u r face!!!!

luv
xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday

Monday is not a holiday in US :) I have a test on Monday :( Hopefully we will see more AF region winners :)

Alf Alf Mabrouk ya Flag

so i think you are the first Egyptian this year ,, I am just like you,,, applying since a long time ,,, but I am still waiting,,,

ed3elley el sana dee tkoun akher sana

Hi Boer

I know you from the SA forum I think? I'm on the West Rand with my husband and children. Really anxious to leave the country. Things are becoming quite volatile here, what with the ANC youth president chanting "kill the Boer" and now the news that Eugene Terreblanche was murdered yesterday. I am concerned for my children and pray for peace and the safety of my loved ones.

Good things are coming our way - positive thinking is vital!

HI LMSA,

Yes, you know me from the SA forum. I am originally from Gauteng (Three Rivers on the Vaal). I have been in the US, just outside Washington, DC since 2005. I am on a student visa, and completed my AAS, and BS degree and currently busy with my Masters.

I read in the news about all the crime, and can't see myself going back to South Africa every again even though all my friends and family are still there. It's a shame to leave such a beautiful country, and awesome crowd of people. I see only 800 to 900 people from SA win the lottery every year. I pray that it will be our turn this year.

Alf Alf Mabrouk ya Flag

so i think you are the first Egyptian this year ,, I am just like you,,, applying since a long time ,,, but I am still waiting,,,

ed3elley el sana dee tkoun akher sana

egy hoa FLAG masri woooow Alf milion mabrouk w 3o2blna ya rab ....

Ohhh then it is something different then what I thought it was. Boer means "farmer" in Dutch...or is what you meant a farmers war...?

You are 100% correct. Boer is what the Afrikaans speaking South African farmers call themselves, and it originated from the dutch settlers. The boere war was this culture fighting against the English.

FlyingF, is this a joke!! should I laugh or what? eh!

Go to your post office and do the change of address. You can also do it online. It is 1$ if you do it online and free at post office. They will forward your mail for one year.

Congrats on the first winner. I hate this wait every year. They should publish the results immediately and everything has to be submitted - processed electronically.

It should be available to check online same day for everybody (say April 1st). You enter your confirmation # and personal details, if you win, you are forwarded to a page to fill in (or print) the forms and submit everything, if you lose, a message saying you couldn't make it.

Result? Save tons of paper. People will know if they win or not immediately. No more waiting and checking the mail everyday, worrying about the mailman, lost letters, neighbor's mean kids or recent address changes and if the new tenant will let us know "if" we receive the NL.

DV guys hear us!

Great suggestion ///M-Power—It's more than obvious that the whole system they use in this process is terribly outdated. It almost feels as if they're doing it this way on purpose to make us even more frustrated. First of all, I don't see why they couldn't run the drawing as soon as the application submission process has ended and the online results should be available immediately not in April. I'm so fed up with all this—I can't wait to put an end on this year (in terms of finding out if I've been selected or not) and I'll never even think about this ever again. Also, it's not guaranteed that we won't have a war in the U.S. or even a world war III at the end of this or in the next year, or some natural disaster or something—just look at the latest streak of earthquakes—first Haiti, then Venezuela, now Mexico—the next thing you know it may be San Francisco. When they're done with man-made earthquakes, they'll switch to war 'cause they already had an attempt of a global-scale epidemic.

Last edited by a moderator: