• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

They work in alphabetic order AF, AS, AU etc... How many case # per continent? I fall under AF, so if they start sending out letter to AS, and I haven't received one, then I know I haven't won for this year?

They work in alphabetic order AF, AS, AU etc... How many case # per continent? I fall under AF, so if they start sending out letter to AS, and I haven't received one, then I know I haven't won for this year?

I guess you can let us know that they are still on AF.... and I'll let you know when they get to AU :)

No, you wait until June, 1st and check your number online.

That's only if you haven't received the letter cause the letter got lost or something like that. What I mean is when they done sending out the letters to AF, and moved on to AS, they don't go back and send more letter out to AF right? I am just trying to figure out how the system works...

It's not AU for Aussie, but OC for the region Ociana. So in the alphabatical logic: AF, AS, EU, OC, SA.

Congrats FLAG: 1999 is a long time, I know how the wait feels.

Dv-2011 winner

Hi FLAG!!!
May i ask u some question...
How did u handle it once u saw the envelop?? What was u 1st reaction...??
HAve u been waiting for it (like everyone here lol) or did u totally forgot about it??
Last one And Im sorry for that I really do wanna know u r fresh feeling on getting the WHITE BIG ENVELOP...LOl
DID u play at the beginning of the lottery or at the end ?
It the last one promise LOl and If u do not wanna answer it I wil totally understand!!!!

CHEEERRRSSS
And hope u will do a HUGE FIESTA !!!!!!
ENJOY THIS FABOLOUS DAY!!!!!

Diafa

I just got married few days ago , i applied in my personal name and also in my fiance's name each as single , now after getting married either one of us can add the other to his application to recieve the green card.

i woke up on a phone call , you have mail !!! ( i used to live with my parents and i put the old address )

i said ok !

i didnt bother too much , but they called me and said its a large white envelope from KCC

I jumped from the bed and i was like damn is that right , or am i dreaming ????

Drove all the way to pick up the envelope . and i was so happy , i didnt even know the results are out yet , i thought it will be released by June or July !!

I know few friends who won the DV and they also live in Usa

So i wish you guys good luck .

I think this is how it works:eventhough KCC releases results in batches per region,it doesn't really matter that since flag had 2xxx(d preceeding numbers from 1 to 1999 wud be AF)at cud be AFxxx1,OCxxx2 ect.d fact is that OCxxx2 might be released say around May/June.they dont not send out all d results for a region all at once.there is some1 wud got his letter last August with a very low case number from AF.hope u understand?

I think this is how it works:eventhough KCC releases results in batches per region,it doesn't really matter that since flag had 2xxx(d preceeding numbers from 1 to 1999 wud be AF)at cud be AFxxx1,OCxxx2 ect.d fact is that OCxxx2 might be released say around May/June.they dont not send out all d results for a region all at once.there is some1 wud got his letter last August with a very low case number from AF.hope u understand?

That make sense, thank you...

- yep makes sense! Thanks

this thread sure turned into a personal diary for you guys... anybody started to receive the 1NL yet for DV-2011?

this thread sure turned into a personal diary for you guys... anybody started to receive the 1NL yet for DV-2011?

We have to do something to keep us busy while waiting ;) One person has reported that he got his letter on Friday.

How did your interview go?

Hi Beech1814,
I am about 4 hours north of you. When we both get our winning letters we should meet up and celebrate for sure!
I know of one person that has applied for a DV-2011 but she will not accept the letter should she win. She didn't realise that she had to accept the GC by 09/2011 and then move... she thought she could accept it in a couple of years and then use it to travel back and forth. :-/
Given the global crisis and how Australia made it through relatively well, and how the US is still struggling through (albeit a little better); I have a theory that there will be less Australians than usual applying for a GC. Then again, maybe I am wrong...
All I know is I am getting one!! I only need one!! :D

diafa

i just got married few days ago , i applied in my personal name and also in my fiance's name each as single , now after getting married either one of us can add the other to his application to recieve the green card.

I woke up on a phone call , you have mail !!! ( i used to live with my parents and i put the old address )

i said ok !

I didnt bother too much , but they called me and said its a large white envelope from kcc

i jumped from the bed and i was like damn is that right , or am i dreaming ????

Drove all the way to pick up the envelope . And i was so happy , i didnt even know the results are out yet , i thought it will be released by june or july !!

I know few friends who won the dv and they also live in usa

so i wish you guys good luck .

hi flag !!
Thank u soo much to have take the time to answer me !!!
Congrat to u and ur wife on u r mariage!!! Seems like this year is full of hapiness and good moment for u !! Thats a really good point!!
I can definitely imagine u r hapiness!!!
I let u enjoy each second of it , im sure u r wife is more that happy too!!
Congrat again!!!

the reason people receive the info spread out over time is due to kcc sending it out partially, so the first to be sent out have lower case# and it goes up over time. Aproxx. 100,000 will be sent out and some people just never respond due to many different reasons (some are scared to start a future in the unknown and leaving without knowing what to expect or knowing if they have a job, others don't want to leave their family, or have a great job they don't want to leave, some played for fun and weren't serious in the first place, and some realized they aren't qualified to receive the gc....and one group figures out the gc comes with a price tag, called fees....etc.)

in the last couple of years the 50,000 gc hasn't been reached according to uscis....so don't worry too much if you get a high case#, but a low one is nicer:)

hi bentlebee!!
Thanksss a lot for those infos!!
Congrat on ur gc!! U must be glad to never have to face again the american immigration (& specially all those papers...lol) until u decide maybe to go for the american citizen!!
Congrat again and thanks to help us !!

hi bentlebee!!
Thanksss a lot for those infos!!
Congrat on ur gc!! U must be glad to never have to face again the american immigration (& specially all those papers...lol) until u decide maybe to go for the american citizen!!
Congrat again and thanks to help us !!

It was Bentlebee's friend who just received a green card, I am not sure what is Bentlebee's status, but I know he is a lot of help on this forum...

It was Bentlebee's friend who just received a green card, I am not sure what is Bentlebee's status, but I know he is a lot of help on this forum...

My Mistake Sorry !!!
Thanks Boer I didnt know about that !!
Well congrat to u r friend so Bentlebee!!!
And as Boer said U r definitely helping a lot!!!!