• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

I am a history major. I know I am going to get a DV-2011 green card. I have known since the second I applied and I will not let anyone else tell me otherwise!! Power of positive thinking!!
I hope that we both get one. How many people from Australia apply do you know? From past years of course. Last year about 700 people received a green card... there cannot be too many people applying from Australia, well at least one would think!?

As to how many Aussies Apply - I have no idea..... but I sure hope we are the chosen ones!

SOOOOONNNN WE WILL KNOW ABOUT PEOPLE LIVING EVERYWHERE IN THE USA!!!
PEOPLE LIVING IN THE EAST COAST MIGHT BE THE 1st ONE HAVING THE ENVELOP IN THEIR MAILBOX!!!!

@newmexico : LOVE LOVE LOVE U R POSITIVE ATTITUDE !!!
I'M SURE U LL WIN !! KKEEEEEPPP UUU SPIRIT UP!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!

Hello,
I have a question concerning eligibility for the 2011 Diversity Lottery. I was born in Canada, but I am also a dual citizen of Greece, which is included as an eligible country for DV 2011. I am also aware that my country of birth, Canada, is NOT an eligible country. So my question is, will I be disqualified for selecting Greece as my country of CHARGEABILITY? Is anyone familiar with the rules?

Hello,
I have a question concerning eligibility for the 2011 Diversity Lottery. I was born in Canada, but I am also a dual citizen of Greece, which is included as an eligible country for DV 2011. I am also aware that my country of birth, Canada, is NOT an eligible country. So my question is, will I be disqualified for selecting Greece as my country of CHARGEABILITY? Is anyone familiar with the rules?

How are you connected to Greece or in what way did you obtain your Greece citizenship? Without knowing the answer to this question, it will be difficult to answer your question.

Hi there

To answer your question ,

I am from Egypt and live in Kentucky state USA not Kenya.

Been Applying since 1999

Good Luck

Ok people..let the hair pulling begin..lol. Congrats to FLAG and we hope to see you posting more often here. Daifa, USA,, my Aussie friends, Noa and everyone else thanks for keeping this thread alive for so long, I wish you all the best of luck.

Canada2011, I'm no expert but from reading on the forum I believe you have to use your country of birth to apply. There is a way that you can claim a country other than your birth but that has to do with where your parents were born and where they were living when you were born..It is very convoluted but you may want to have a look at it and see if you qualified that way (in case you get the NL this year). If your spouse was born in Greece it may be possible to claim Greece as your country of chargeability as well. Do some reading on the forums and see what people did. I wish you lots of luck!!!

Hi there

Been Applying since 1999

Good Luck

Hey Flag, congrats again... You can now start a thread for AOS 2011 if you decide to go that route...

aos vs cp

Boer

I will do consular processing .

For me it is faster .

and at the same time i will be visiting Egypt .

Boer

For me it is faster .

That makes sense... I haven't been home for over three years now, so I can relate.

Good luck with everything.

hi there

to answer your question ,

i am from egypt and live in kentucky state usa not kenya.

Been applying since 1999

good luck

thank uuuu so much flag!!!! To have answer those questions !!!
Go go go gooooooooooooo!!!!! U ll be sooonnn a us citizen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
congrat again!!!

Hello,

HI CANADA2011!!
On what I know CANADA will be the country which u have to apply with, but there is also an option on where u r parents r born ...But i dont know exactly on what situation u can use their country ....U should take a look on this page it explains everything : http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf
Hope u ll find what u want !!
CHEERRRSSS
WISH U GOODDD LUCK!!!!

Boer

For me it is faster .

Hi FLAG!!!
May i ask u some question...
How did u handle it once u saw the envelop?? What was u 1st reaction...??
HAve u been waiting for it (like everyone here lol) or did u totally forgot about it??
Last one And Im sorry for that I really do wanna know u r fresh feeling on getting the WHITE BIG ENVELOP...LOl
DID u play at the beginning of the lottery or at the end ?
It the last one promise LOl and If u do not wanna answer it I wil totally understand!!!!

CHEEERRRSSS
And hope u will do a HUGE FIESTA !!!!!!
ENJOY THIS FABOLOUS DAY!!!!!

Hi there

Been Applying since 1999

Good Luck

- Well deserved Flag! Quick - get those papers back!

P.s - I dreamt last night I won the lottery... I hope this is just not my anxiety or constant 'thinking of winning' --- ( I believe in dreams) :) :)

- Well deserved Flag! Quick - get those papers back!

P.s - I dreamt last night I won the lottery... I hope this is just not my anxiety or constant 'thinking of winning' --- ( I believe in dreams) :) :)

I BELIEVE IN IT TOO!!!! MY FATHER DREAMS A LOT AND ITS SOOO WEIRD ...I REMEMBER ONCE HE JUST SAID TO MY MUM ONE OF U R BRO IS DEAD AND GUESS WHAT THE SAME DAY MY MUM RECEIVED A CALL AND IT WAS ACTUALLY THIS BAD NEWS SAME FOR MY GRANPA AND SOO MUCH MORE SITUATION THAT HE DREAMED ABOUT IT ......SINCE i JUST CANT SAY THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE IN IT....
BUT LOL I NEVER NEVER NEVER DREAM .....EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS SOOO BLACK AND IF I DO DREAM IT S JUST THINGS TOTALLY SURNATURAL !!!!!LOL
BEECH1814 U WERE ALL WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT WHERE SOMEONE WILL TELL US "I WIN" LOL SO NO I GUESS EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WILL ALL RUN TO OUR MAILBOX LOL
STAY AND THIINK POSITIVE AND U LL GET IT !!!!!!!
AS FLAG HAS A CN OVER 2000, I THINK THE KCC HAS SENT OVER 2000 WINNERS JUST HOPE IT WILL BE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY READ AND WROTE ON THIS THREAD!!!
WISHH UUUUU LUCK LUCK LUCK EVERYONE!!! ITS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I BELIEVE IN IT TOO!!!! MY FATHER DREAMS A LOT AND ITS SOOO WEIRD ...I REMEMBER ONCE HE JUST SAID TO MY MUM ONE OF U R BRO IS DEAD AND GUESS WHAT THE SAME DAY MY MUM RECEIVED A CALL AND IT WAS ACTUALLY THIS BAD NEWS SAME FOR MY GRANPA AND SOO MUCH MORE SITUATION THAT HE DREAMED ABOUT IT ......SINCE i JUST CANT SAY THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE IN IT....
BUT LOL I NEVER NEVER NEVER DREAM .....EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS SOOO BLACK AND IF I DO DREAM IT S JUST THINGS TOTALLY SURNATURAL !!!!!LOL
BEECH1814 U WERE ALL WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT WHERE SOMEONE WILL TELL US "I WIN" LOL SO NO I GUESS EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WILL ALL RUN TO OUR MAILBOX LOL
STAY AND THIINK POSITIVE AND U LL GET IT !!!!!!!
AS FLAG HAS A CN OVER 2000, I THINK THE KCC HAS SENT OVER 2000 WINNERS JUST HOPE IT WILL BE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY READ AND WROTE ON THIS THREAD!!!
WISHH UUUUU LUCK LUCK LUCK EVERYONE!!! ITS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

Diafa - in saying the 2000 number - I thought there are 50,000 winners? Or is it that we just haven't seen anyone on here report a higher number yet.... or it's too early? Do they release all the 'winners' letters on the same day - or they release them over a period of time (May-July?)

Dreams -- I absolutely believe! I had a similar dream to your father -- about 5-6yrs ago... I dreamt my friend had passed away - infact it was her mother... and almost spot on to the day. I also have a lot of other dreams that have been correct.... sometimes it scares me how accurate. BUT, in saying this - I sure hope my dream last night was correct, cause this excites me! :)

- HOLD ON and let the ride begin!

Diafa - in saying the 2000 number - I thought there are 50,000 winners? Or is it that we just haven't seen anyone on here report a higher number yet.... or it's too early? Do they release all the 'winners' letters on the same day - or they release them over a period of time (May-July?)

Dreams -- I absolutely believe! I had a similar dream to your father -- about 5-6yrs ago... I dreamt my friend had passed away - infact it was her mother... and almost spot on to the day. I also have a lot of other dreams that have been correct.... sometimes it scares me how accurate. BUT, in saying this - I sure hope my dream last night was correct, cause this excites me! :)

About the KCC they do not send the 55 000 notfications letters in the same time (actually last year they were 102 000 NL, coz a half of them doesnt get the GC at the end of the lottery process....)....coz they send them between April to the end of June ....But as Flag as the CN 2XXXX (the highest number and lowest number until now LOL) which is more than 2000 I guess the KCC may have sent the letters from the CN 1 to 2000 (or more, but at least 2000 as FLAG has).... Will see which CN others people will have !!!
But U can always have faith and believe in it until June 30 after u can check on the US government website if u won or not ....

BELIEVE IN UR DREAM Im SURE IT LL BECOME TRUE!!!!!

The reason people receive the info spread out over time is due to KCC sending it out partially, so the first to be sent out have lower case# and it goes up over time. Aproxx. 100,000 will be sent out and some people just never respond due to many different reasons (some are scared to start a future in the unknown and leaving without knowing what to expect or knowing if they have a job, others don't want to leave their family, or have a great job they don't want to leave, some played for fun and weren't serious in the first place, and some realized they aren't qualified to receive the GC....and one group figures out the GC comes with a price tag, called fees....etc.)

In the last couple of years the 50,000 GC hasn't been reached according to USCIS....so don't worry too much if you get a high case#, but a low one is nicer:)