• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

tHANKS U so much for all those informations BEETLEBEE,
My J1 was for 6months for an inernship and it was in 2007 I think it will be ok as for my others trips in US it was always for less than a month. And my others internships abroad were less than 6months ...
Hope its OK??

I don't know all the in's and out's of the J1 visa...I only know that if you got one you need to finish the requirements...I have read that some people only went to the US for 14 weeks and still had to keep the 2 years requirement, but I don't know if they had the J1 for a year....

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/J_WaiverFAQ21-DEC-06.pdf

If you scroll have way down you can read that you need to fulfill the entire 2 years in your home country of residence... which you might have if you haven't travelled too much outside of France, since all days outside aren't counting towards the 2 years...but you haven't won yet so you have plenty of time to make up before you win and get approved so don't worry, but check before you start to travel...in case you win:)

:)Thanks Beetlebee!!!
U definitely r sooo helpful!!
I think it should be OK, Coz A lot of my long internships were before this J1 visa...& as u said i didnt win yet so have plenty of time...Im not pessimistic but it s stay a lottery and have to be lucky which currently is not really the case LOL:):) Hope it will change soon...
Thanks a lot for those infos, it s really good to know!!!:)!!!
U definitely should learn law and be a lawyer in US immigration ...LOL:)

Since it often happened in previous years that Notification Letters arrive as early as the beginning of March, we might soon be hearing from lucky winners!
beginning of march???? i thought we can only know about the reult after 1st july.

The 1st of July is when you'll be able to check online if you've been selected for further processing i.e. if you won the DV Lottery, and the beginning of March is when some people in previous years reported to had received their Notification Letters--I remember reading posts of persons that have received their letters on March 1st and 3rd, but of course these are only few and the NLs start to arrive in larger numbers only from the second half of April.

Hi freinds
i agree with usa. last year some people in united states & Europe (if i remember) recieved theire NL in march. last year Asians were the last group recieving NL.
I wish you all the best specially to be a winer.

Hi All,

This is the first time I ever post a message in this forum as such, I would like to thank everyone who share his/her own experience with immigration to US. Also not to forget the people maintaining this wonderful forum. As most of you, I have submitted the DV2011 application for myself and my family. This is the 3rd time and hope it will work this time and wish the same for everybody here. It really amazes me to see that there is no other country where people want to immigrate like the US. I guess the founding fathers have done such a wonderful job in creating the best environment where a human being can live and prosper within the limits permitted by the law. No surprise then of everyone wants to live and work in the US. Again, good luck to everyone and may god grant us this privilege.

Nice words!!!:)

IMO there is a need for more legal immigrants specially in this economy, but only to people who are willing to work and to tribute to their community.
The more people, the more need for clothes, food, gas, homes, etc...which will create jobs, etc....JMO!

Hi Kario!! sooo glad to hear those words!! it definitely means a lot to know that actually some people in this world have the same thought & dream than me... & feel less alone...LOL
In france almost everybody hates US (I said almost ..so not 100%, but I will say 95%), its hard to find people telling that U r right or just try to understand why i want to so bad live in USA, & as they say what US has more than France ....., At this point where I m actually going to do a PHD to have maybe more opportunity to be sponsored...
thats why I came on this forum, I actually never posted anything in any forum but this one is very helpful for me, i have joy when peope get their GC and I get mad when people didnt for reasons that should not be specially when u 've received the 1st letter....

Believe in God and the time will tell us!!! Just hope and wish the same for everybody : "U R DREAM & wishes will become true!!! whatever they are !!!

Hanging for a green card. I am Australian and this will be my 3rd time applying. I am doing a degree and have just started 2nd year so If I get it this time the timing will be perfect to go the USA after receiveing my degree.

Hi USA Dream,
It's funny that we have similar user names and we both joined the forum in May of 2009, plus it is my 3rd time applying too. I wonder if we share the same destiny when it comes to this year's DV Lottery drawing.

Hi Diafa, believe you me cause you are not alone at all. Lots of people share the dream of becoming US permanent residents regardless if you live in a wealthy country or not. America is an Equal Opportunity Dream.

Hi Kario!! sooo glad to hear those words!! it definitely means a lot to know that actually some people in this world have the same thought & dream than me... & feel less alone...LOL
In france almost everybody hates US (I said almost ..so not 100%, but I will say 95%), its hard to find people telling that U r right or just try to understand why i want to so bad live in USA, & as they say what US has more than France ....., At this point where I m actually going to do a PHD to have maybe more opportunity to be sponsored...
thats why I came on this forum, I actually never posted anything in any forum but this one is very helpful for me, i have joy when peope get their GC and I get mad when people didnt for reasons that should not be specially when u 've received the 1st letter....

Believe in God and the time will tell us!!! Just hope and wish the same for everybody : "U R DREAM & wishes will become true!!! whatever they are !!!

I don't still understand why on earth people will hate America.

I still don't understand why on earth people will hate America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!!!
Most of people who hates AMerica (for the french case) its coz they never been ..they just judge US by what they see and hear on TV and french TV give to French a very bad image of it, and Totally wrong !!!!! Think people are not enough intelligent to think by themself and believe what TV says; Medias can tell u whatever!!
The thing is that when Bush was president French hated him so coz they hated Bush they hated the WHole and entire America , thinking that the population was like BUSH...

I just think that before someone should say i like and dislike or hate u should see by urself and have ur own opinion and do not just listen someone or TV.....
My first trip to US was when I was 15 and since then, I cant see myself living anywhere else, I lived i& travel n DUBAI, Abu Dhabi, London, Paris, HongKong, Guangzhou, Algeria, Shanghai Spain...But the only country where I FEEL GOOD and at HOME is USA...It s just that feeling that I have when Im there....
I dont say that everybody should feel that but it s hard to hate AMerica that s why I dont really like to hear specially here in France ( coz everybody is treating me like crazy just coz I love US!!) from people who never been , that US is Horrible ...

I will every single year play to the lottery even bwhen I ll be 80 years old!!!
Its my major DREAM, and will always believe in IT!!
USA is AMAZING!!!!!! (at least for me) LOL

PS: I did my file to immigrate in CANADA in the same time (coz I definitely cant stand france, coz racism and discrimation is sooo horrible ) is that a problem if I win the lottery in the same time???? ( it still stay 10months before i will receive my residence)

I can see from the number of views for this thread that there are many of you anxiously waiting for the NLs to start arriving, so leave a comment here so we can share our thoughts while we're waiting.

Hi!!!
Most of people who hates AMerica (for the french case) its coz they never been ..they just judge US by what they see and hear on TV and french TV give to French a very bad image of it, and Totally wrong !!!!! Think people are not enough intelligent to think by themself and believe what TV says; Medias can tell u whatever!!
The thing is that when Bush was president French hated him so coz they hated Bush they hated the WHole and entire America , thinking that the population was like BUSH...

I just think that before someone should say i like and dislike or hate u should see by urself and have ur own opinion and do not just listen someone or TV.....
My first trip to US was when I was 15 and since then, I cant see myself living anywhere else, I lived i& travel n DUBAI, Abu Dhabi, London, Paris, HongKong, Guangzhou, Algeria, Shanghai Spain...But the only country where I FEEL GOOD and at HOME is USA...It s just that feeling that I have when Im there....
I dont say that everybody should feel that but it s hard to hate AMerica that s why I dont really like to hear specially here in France ( coz everybody is treating me like crazy just coz I love US!!) from people who never been , that US is Horrible ...

I will every single year play to the lottery even bwhen I ll be 80 years old!!!
Its my major DREAM, and will always believe in IT!!
USA is AMAZING!!!!!! (at least for me) LOL

PS: I did my file to immigrate in CANADA in the same time (coz I definitely cant stand france, coz racism and discrimation is sooo horrible ) is that a problem if I win the lottery in the same time???? ( it still stay 10months before i will receive my residence)

For years people have been hating the USA, even before Bush. The strange thing is that Europeans love to follow the US fashion trends, music, movies, tv shows/soaps, etc...and then later say they hate them....that always amazed me and if they can go for a long weekend to NY or win a trip any where in the USA, the amount of people entering the lottery is so high....I call that "hypocrites"!

I agree with USA! so here's my thought....I've been playing since 1999, I think I've probably missed a year. I'm hopeful every year but I understand the odds are huge. Every year my husband and I get angry with each other because he does not see why I need to take a pic every year and why I have to be so particular about shadows, angle of head etc..he will never understand. I always write myself off because I don't think I have ever got the picture composition right..lol. Anyway I am patiently waiting this year again...

HI Bentlebee !!
U R 1000000000000% RIGHT, U definitely got the word : "hypocrites"!!! It shocks me every single day too!! I dont even try to talk about it now coz I will always be wrong no matter what I can say...About before bush ...u r right but Im just in my 20's so I cant really talk about it , but Im sure the situation is not new...
As I know from FRance , is that its not just about US, but kind of for all others countries, French dont really like others countries they always have to criticize everybody as soon as you are from abroad or dont have the same culture or tradition or do not like the same thing so u r not welcome....Im born raised in France, have a french passeport and coz my parents are not French but from North Africa and coz my name is Arabic I just every single day have a racist reflexion by someone or I notice sooo many discrimination about employement, having a appartment....I have a 5 year degree and cant find a job coz they will take someone who is really french, have a french name and even if he didnt have a high school diploma, the goverment is aware with all this and do nothing, they even try to increase this situation ... FRANCE Sucks ..lol

bentlebee U r now far from all of this ...enjoy to never have to face this one day!!!!
Im not saying that in US everything is pink and white and everybody is perfect but I think in USA u dont really feel coz everybody is a immigrant from somewhere so its cool to be not the personn that should , as french say " go back to ur country" even if my country is france coz I ve been in my parents country jus maybe 10 times in my entire life ...

Racism is one of the worst thing in this life !!!!!