• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

I agree with USA! so here's my thought....I've been playing since 1999, I think I've probably missed a year. I'm hopeful every year but I understand the odds are huge. Every year my husband and I get angry with each other because he does not see why I need to take a pic every year and why I have to be so particular about shadows, angle of head etc..he will never understand. I always write myself off because I don't think I have ever got the picture composition right..lol. Anyway I am patiently waiting this year again...

Well sonibago, when I read your post most of it seems as if I wrote it because it has always been an absolute must for me to get every single aspect of the photo perfectly right and, just as you said, I've never been completely satisfied with the results thinking that exactly that will be the reason for not being selected. But after all I don't think it's a bad thing to be extremely concerned with details because it shows you're truly committed to accomplishing your goals which should probably put you one step ahead of the rest and everything else is up to our destinies.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have fallen to the second page which is why I'm writing this post to make the thread more conspicuous in case a lucky winner comes and wants to share the lucky news. Also, if moderators agree, it would be nice to make this thread sticky at least until this period of NLs has passed.

I definitly agree!!!!!! Soon we will know so let get this thread INTERESTING!!!!!
HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR WILL BE the ONE for everybody who really WANTS to LIVE IN US!!!!
I think , by reading others threads from past years the 1st NL start to be received on the 3rd week in March....Hopefully in 2 weeks it should start to be very interesting!!!!!
Let s all pray!!!
xoxo

As I remember the results were out late and the delivery of the first letters started mid April 2009. A year before the first NL's
arrived in Europe March 28th.

Early lucky winners should get the 1st NL early March. However keep in mind that getting the 1st NL is still not enough to get the holy Grail Card (hehehe) you gotta get the 2nd NL and then successfully pass the consulate interview for those doing it in their home countries. But, I must admit getting the 1st NL is already a relief from the stressful waiting. Hopefully the remaining process should be less painful. The ideal scenario would be that all of us of who post comments in this thread will be lucky to get a NL. That'll be pretty amazing !!! Then each time we post something we will proudly add in our signature ....

March 20th : 1st NL received.
April 1st: Documents sent to KCC
April 10th: confirmation from KCC..

and so on..........

I was introduce to this forum by Phill and i really appreciate the job u guys are doing. I applied for the DV 2011 and i my expectations are very high. while i was applying for the EDV Entry, i added my fiancee to d application as married. Funny enough, this same lady is presenly cheating on me, controls the relationship, takes decisions irrationally whether its hurts me or not. To b honest with u guys, i'm tired of this lady and i just need the house to advice me on wat to do if eventually i win this lottery. I dont think i would like to spend the rest of my life with this lady. U know i have to prove otherwise to the Consular officer during the course of my Visa interview.
Pls house, ur early response will b high appreciated.

Thanks

I was introduce to this forum by Phill and i really appreciate the job u guys are doing. I applied for the DV 2011 and i my expectations are very high. while i was applying for the EDV Entry, i added my fiancee to d application as married. Funny enough, this same lady is presenly cheating on me, controls the relationship, takes decisions irrationally whether its hurts me or not. To b honest with u guys, i'm tired of this lady and i just need the house to advice me on wat to do if eventually i win this lottery. I dont think i would like to spend the rest of my life with this lady. U know i have to prove otherwise to the Consular officer during the course of my Visa interview.
Pls house, ur early response will b high appreciated.

Thanks

Well, if you are the main applicant and for some reasons you get divorce, I am not sure this will pose a problem. However, if your present wife wins as the main applicant ..Ooops better stick to her

Every year is different but as Diafa said I'm sure we won't have to wait too long before it gets very interesting. As far as I'm concerned this will definitely be my last year with anticipation—I think three times applying is just enough with all due respect for people like sonibago and others who have tried for so many years.

Kario, it would be amazing to see anyone from us posting now actually win this year because I haven't seen such case on this forum so far and I've got a feeling it is about to happen this year. Once again, good luck guys!!!

ovicity, as I understood you put your fiancee as married so in case you win you'll have to marry first to account for what you put in the online application and even then you could be busted if they see that you married her much after you filed the application where you stated that you're already married to her, so no matter how the things go between you two it looks like you've put yourself in a pretty complicated situation. You simply shouldn't write anything that is not true at the moment and now the things are even more complicated because of her being a bad fiancee.

If you ask me, if things are like you said, you should brake up with that girl whether you win or not and then if you win just act as if you've never written to be married to anyone and hope they will overlook what you stated in the application. If however the things get better between you two and you win, then you should get married as soon as possible and hope that they will not see that you actually married much after you stated in the application to be already married.

Kario: Well, best of luck to her if she eventually wins. I wuldn't mind living it 4 her. I av other plkans for myself than to end up with a someone i dislike. I hope to win and i av faith in God.

Hi Everybody!!
@ovicity : 1st of all I just wanna to tell u , that OMG without the DV lottery thing U r really in a tough situation and hopefully U just brake up with her and find someone who is kind, honest and a respectful personn that u love!!!... I just think u should just dump her and if ur destiny is to win the lottery u dont need her for that (specially if u rnot really married), been stuck with someone just for a lottery that maybe will never comes...(I wish that u ll get it!!!!!) but it stays a lottery ...If u will stay with her just for the lottery so u will act like her (taking advantage from someone is as bad as what she s doing to u + u dont wanna stay with her ...so ... and i dont think u wanna be as bad as she is ......I u r a good personn dont try to take something from someone specially when u have the same chance to get that alone...Im sure u will find a way to get out of this situation just stay as good as u can be in this situation!!! GOOD LUCK!!

CAn u please everybody says where he is from .....

USA, I really appreciate ur advice. She doesn't know much about this visa lottery stuff, i actually introduce her into this game. Probably i might say someone filled the form 4 me and i guess the person added her to my EDV entry application. I know it might not be easy, but something had to be done soonest.

Exactly ovicity, in case you win you'll have to try something like for example not to mention anything and if the question of your marriage arise then you could say someone else filled the form for you.

Diafa, to answer your question, I'm from Montenegro and my name is Igor.

THXXX USA!
...I though any kind of mistake in the entry application is a NO for a GC when the interview will be done ...???? specially about being Married, single, divorce.....

Diafa, USA, Thanks 4 ur lovely advice. Both i and my fiancee are from Nigeria. i dont want to sound prophetic, but av seen the lottery comming already, i guess with the little faith i av in God. I only want to prepare my mind 4 anything that might come out of my relationship in case i win, of cause i had to think positively. Pls just put me in prayer just the way i do 4 everyone in the house. This is our year of breakthru. Av been playing this thing for sometime now and i want to bliv, this is the last. We all will av a wonderfull testimony to give. Best of luck as we await our blessings.

USA, believe me there were years when I said to myself "why even bother" and then my other self would say "hey you've got nothing to lose by trying"..lol. I want to bet you'll keep trying, just to see if you can win.

America has always been everybody dreamland and who knows one of us may end up becoming the next local Govt chairman, lol..well as the saying goes (THINK RICH AND GROW RICH). We are doing all this not for ourselves alone but for our immediate generation yet unborn. We want to give them a good life and opportunities, cos we neva had such opportunities. The world is becoming something else now and wat u invest now is wat u can give ur familly.
Success to everyone in the house and av a wonderfull weekend. Cheers!

Diafa, USA, Thanks 4 ur lovely advice. Both i and my fiancee are from Nigeria. i dont want to sound prophetic, but av seen the lottery comming already, i guess with the little faith i av in God. I only want to prepare my mind 4 anything that might come out of my relationship in case i win, of cause i had to think positively. Pls just put me in prayer just the way i do 4 everyone in the house. This is our year of breakthru. Av been playing this thing for sometime now and i want to bliv, this is the last. We all will av a wonderfull testimony to give. Best of luck as we await our blessings.

You're welcome my friend and what great words you've put in this post—I'm sure everyone can find himself in something of what you said here. I wish you a good life which is what you deserve with or without a U.S. Green Card.

USA, believe me there were years when I said to myself "why even bother" and then my other self would say "hey you've got nothing to lose by trying"..lol. I want to bet you'll keep trying, just to see if you can win.

I totally understand what you mean and agree with you, but let's first wait to see if this year brings anything new!

HI EVERYBODY!!
U R MORE THAN WELCOME OVICITY!!! Always think positive!!!!! COz Im sure U deserve just good things to happened to U!!! Life can be tough sometimes...But Hope is and will always be here !!!! SO U R MORE THAN RIGHT TO PREPARE TO URSELF TO ANYTHING MIGHT comes out, I do and did pray for everyone here !!! I ll be definitely sooo happy (like if I won myself, trust me, each time i'm talking on this forum i just feel good coz I feel we all have and share the same dream & way to think...) if someone during the next weeks win & get the 1st notification, Just lets dream, hope and pray !!!! BTW I love U r thought about one of us being the next local Govt chairman!!! lol & ur sentence about "THINK RICH AND GROW RICH" is just soooo TRUE & RIGHT !!!! Ur words r truly & deeply great!!!

@SONIBAGO: lol I feel and tell to my self the same things...lol.... it s a lottery and that s the problem, nobody cant be sure , we just have to have faith!!!!! lol but it s hard sometimes!!!!
THAT S WHY I LOVE THIS Thread it keep me thinking that I can still win even if they just give 730 something notifications in France ....

HI EVERYBODY!!
U R MORE THAN WELCOME OVICITY!!! Always think positive!!!!! COz Im sure U deserve just good things to happened to U!!! Life can be tough sometimes...But Hope is and will always be here !!!! SO U R MORE THAN RIGHT TO PREPARE TO URSELF TO ANYTHING MIGHT comes out, I do and did pray for everyone here !!! I ll be definitely sooo happy (like if I won myself, trust me, each time i'm talking on this forum i just feel good coz I feel we all have and share the same dream & way to think...) if someone during the next weeks win & get the 1st notification, Just lets dream, hope and pray !!!! BTW I love U r thought about one of us being the next local Govt chairman!!! lol & ur sentence about "THINK RICH AND GROW RICH" is just soooo TRUE & RIGHT !!!! Ur words r truly & deeply great!!!

@SONIBAGO: lol I feel and tell to my self the same things...lol.... it s a lottery and that s the problem, nobody cant be sure , we just have to have faith!!!!! lol but it s hard sometimes!!!!
THAT S WHY I LOVE THIS Thread it keep me thinking that I can still win even if they just give 730 something notifications in France ....

Diafa,

I like your spirit, p/s keep it up and for sure success must come your way in Jesus name