• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

Lasantha's Interview is on coming Tuesday.

Wish you all the best friend.
Come back to this forum with successfull interview expereince.

Lasantha's Interview is on coming Tuesday.

Wish you all the best friend.
Come back to this forum with successfull interview expereince.

Hi! Nalin
Thanks for your blessings. I came down to sri lanka on 29th April from Dubai.
Medical is completed and waiting for the big day.
With god's blessings all will be fine and he will bring success to all of us.
I will come to the forum with my visa interview experience.
I wish you too, good luck.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview -
Visa Pick-up -

Last edited by a moderator:
dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Thanks for your blessings. I came down to sri lanka on 29th April from Dubai.
Medical is completed and waiting for the big day.
With god's blessings all will be fine and he will bring success to all of us.
I will come to the forum with my visa interview experience.
I wish you too, good luck.

Hi lasantha .. dear friend .. Best of luck to your successful interview... We are expecting that great day... Please come back to this forum .. with your wondeful interview experience ...

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting
Current : July
Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

HI! FRIENDS
GOD MADE HIS BLESSINGS. MY VISA INTERVIEW WAS SUCCESSFUL ON 10TH OF MAY. IT WAS EASY SIMPLE ONE,IT TOOK ONLY 2 TO 3 MINUTES FOR CONSULAR OFFICER TO COMPLETE FINAL PROCESS. PASSPORT WITH VISA WILL BE READY ON 12TH MAY(THURSDAY)
THANKS GOD. GOD IS GREAT HE WILL MAKE ALL OF US SUCCESSFUL.
If your documents are in place nothing to worry, visa will be granted without any delay.
here is my interview experience,

I was at the embassy around 12:20pm, since my interview time was 13:00hrs. when i reached the embassy at 12:20hrs security said, i have to come at 13:00hrs as consular section will open at 13:00hrs.
so, i had to take around until that time and i reached the embassy at 12:50hrs.
12:50hrs arrived at the embassy entrance and had wait until security allows me inside.
13:15hrs security called me inside and had to go through the security check-ups. had to leave my mobile at the security office. went through scanning machine.
13:25hrs I reached the consular office and handed over appointment letter to counter-01, officer told me to take a seat.
13:30hrs Officer at the counter-01 called me asked to hand over the documents.(i handed over all the relevant documents)
and she asked me to take a seat.
13:40hrs Officer at the counter-03(Cashier) called to the counter and he told me to pay the visa fee. After paying the fee, he asked me to take a seat and said another counter will call you for finger prints.
14:00hrs Officer at counter-02 called me for finger prints. After finger prints she gave a token number and said, consular officer will call you. So, i took a seat until my turn.
14:20hrs Consular officer at counter-04 called my name and told to come to the counter.so i went to the counter and said good afternoon and she replied too. she told me to give oath saying, all information given in dv forms are true and correct.
I raised my right hand and said, all given informations are true and correct
CO Said, all fine and asked me to sign in the dv forms.
CO gave me a yellow paper and said you can collect your visa on 12th May(Thursday) at 14:00hrs.
So, i said thank you and CO replied all the best.
Thereafter i left the consular office. It was a happy moment, it was great.
God will do what he promised.

I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up -

dv-2011 winner from Srilanka

HI! FRIENDS
GOD MADE HIS BLESSINGS. MY VISA INTERVIEW WAS SUCCESSFUL ON 10TH OF MAY. IT WAS EASY SIMPLE ONE,IT TOOK ONLY 2 TO 3 MINUTES FOR CONSULAR OFFICER TO COMPLETE FINAL PROCESS. PASSPORT WITH VISA WILL BE READY ON 12TH MAY(THURSDAY)
If your documents are in place nothing to worry, visa will be granted without any delay.

I was at the embassy around 12:20pm, since my interview time was 13:00hrs. when i reached the embassy at 12:20hrs security said, i have to come at 13:00hrs as consular section will open at 13:00hrs.
12:50hrs arrived at the embassy entrance and had wait until security allows me inside.
13:15hrs security called me inside and had to go through the security check-ups. had to leave my mobile at the security office. went through scanning machine.
13:25hrs I reached the consular office and handed over appointment letter to counter-01, officer told me to take a seat.
13:30hrs Officer at the counter-01 called me asked to hand over the documents.(i handed over all the relevant documents)
13:40hrs Officer at the counter-03(Cashier) called to the counter and he told me to pay the visa fee. After paying the fee, he asked me to take a seat and said another counter will call you for finger prints.
14:00hrs Officer at counter-02 called me for finger prints. After finger prints she gave a token number and said, consular officer will call you. So, i took a seat until my turn.
14:20hrs Consular officer at counter-04 called my name and told to come to the counter.so i went to the counter and said good afternoon and she replied too. she told me to give oath saying, all information given in dv forms are true and correct.
CO gave me a yellow paper and said you can collect your visa on 12th May(Thursday) at 14:00hrs.

Visa pick-up -

The great experience .. Thanx lasantha.. & good luck

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Visa bulletin was released dated .. for past years...

DV-2009

May 2009 Bulletin 8th of april
June 2009 Bulletin 7th of May
July 2009 bulletin 8th of June
August 2009 Bulletin 9th of July
Sep 2009 Bulletin 10th of August

DV-2010

May 2010 Bulletin 9th of april
June 2010 Bulletin 10th of May
July 2010 bulletin 9th of June
August 2010 Bulletin 9th of July
Sep 2010 Bulletin 10th of August

DV-2011

May 2011 Bulletin 9th of april
June 2011 Bulletin DELAY (MAY BE 15th) th of May
July 2011 bulletin .......... of June
August 2011 Bulletin .............of July
Sep 2011 Bulletin ......... of August

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

HI! FRIENDS

Visa pick-up -

You got what you deserved.
Wish you all the best in your future endeavours in USA Lasantha.
And also thanks for the first ever visa experience brought to us in this forum .

The great experience .. Thanx lasantha.. & good luck

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :
Hi! Kuhananth
Thanks for your blessings. Wishing you all the best at the visa interview.

Visa pick-up - 12/05/2011
POE - California

You got what you deserved.
Wish you all the best in your future endeavours in USA Lasantha.
And also thanks for the first ever visa experience brought to us in this forum .
Hi Nalin
Thanks for your blessings. Wish you all the best at the visa interview.
You will be current in JULY.

Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - California

Hi! Friends
I received the passport with visa today(12/05/2011)
Embassy handed over an envelope with documents to be handed over to the immigration office in USA-POE. Officer told me not to open the envelope. Within six months we must enter USA.
Thanks God! Thanks God!

I wish you good luck and god will bring happiness to all who are expecting visa interviews.

Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - California

Dv 2012

Fellow Countrymen...
I have a few doubts regarding filling the form and hope that the people in the fourm who have already obtained their visa can help out.
1. In the DS 230 form they have asked for permanent address in the US and the address to send the green card? Do I leave this as N/A, to be determined or do I fill it with a relatives address in the US.
2. Q39 - Name and address of petitioner? Who do they mean when they say petitioner. I assume its the applicant or do we have to give details of a sponsor.
3. Regd the sponsor - what kind of letter does the sponsor has to give? like an affidavit or just a general letter?

hoping to hear soon.
Thanks in advance.

Fellow Countrymen...
I have a few doubts regarding filling the form and hope that the people in the fourm who have already obtained their visa can help out.
1. In the DS 230 form they have asked for permanent address in the US and the address to send the green card? Do I leave this as N/A, to be determined or do I fill it with a relatives address in the US.
2. Q39 - Name and address of petitioner? Who do they mean when they say petitioner. I assume its the applicant or do we have to give details of a sponsor.
3. Regd the sponsor - what kind of letter does the sponsor has to give? like an affidavit or just a general letter?

hoping to hear soon.
Thanks in advance.

Hi my sister also won DV 2012 and her forms have been sent to the KCC already :) .
1)from what i learned it's always good to use an address of someone in the US coz they use that address to send the green card ( and i heard a case of forms being returned for leaving it empty ) so get one of your friend living there in states to provide you with his address just for the name sake . you could always change it at the POE

2) name and address of petitioner should be the winner of DV 2012 . if you are the principal applicant then you should arite your own name address there n the space given
3) i contacted the consulate here in colombo and they said a letter mentioning that DV winner will be assited financially till he/she settle down there in states is enough for the time being ( it should include the sponcers full name ,address and contact details )

anyway I fear that they maight make it compulsary for everyone to submit form I-134 like in african countries so u better arrange someone in advance who's willing to do it for you just incase but for the time being just a simple letter is acceptable ..
good luck with your application . plz mention your case number n ur next post :)

ours is AS12***

and i also have a question here . is it possible to obtain the police clearence in advance without waiting for the 2nd NL to arrive ??? i have seen lasantha amal's updates and seems like he's done it months before his 2nd nl is received ..

please advice me about the procedure of obtating the PC through US consulate ...
thanks in advance

and i also have a question here . is it possible to obtain the police clearence in advance without waiting for the 2nd NL to arrive ??? i have seen lasantha amal's updates and seems like he's done it months before his 2nd nl is received ..

please advice me about the procedure of obtating the PC through US consulate ...
thanks in advance

Hi Chamalka, welcome to this forum

Well, I wanted to get PC well before since it takes months to arrive. How ever it was not accepted by the Embassy and ask me wait to be 'Current'

Lasantha's case is different since he first tried to be interviewed in Dubai hence applied PC early.

BTW fill up your signature with CN

Fellow Countrymen...

hoping to hear soon.
Thanks in advance.

I'll mention below my inquiry to KCC and reply below and hope it will serve your first question.

Q. I have kept blank the question of "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live".

please let me know when i am supposed to provide with this address to you sir ?

A.If you are currently unable to provide a response for question(s) 10 and/or 11 of the DS 230 Part I, you should state “N/A” (not applicable) for each question. This information can be updated at any time prior to the interview by notifying KCC or physically presented at the Embassy on the day of interview.

Hi Chamalka, welcome to this forum

Well, I wanted to get PC well before since it takes months to arrive. How ever it was not accepted by the Embassy and ask me wait to be 'Current'

Lasantha's case is different since he first tried to be interviewed in Dubai hence applied PC early.

BTW fill up your signature with CN

thank you very much for your advice . sounds like we l have to wait for atleast 6 months before ordering the PC ..

dv-2011 winner from Srilanka

July cut-off for Asia 33775....

2nd NL Received :waiting (very soon)
Status : Interview date is Shedulling now confirmed by KCC (12/05/2011)
Medical :
Interview Date:( End of the July )
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :