• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

July cut-off for Asia 33775....

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting (very soon)
Status : Interview date is Shedulling now confirmed by KCC (12/05/2011)
Current : July
Medical :
Interview Date:( End of the July )
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

good to hear tht ur case is current now bud :) . thanks for creating this wonderful thread from where i obtained a lot of information

HI! FRIENDS
GOD MADE HIS BLESSINGS. MY VISA INTERVIEW WAS SUCCESSFUL ON 10TH OF MAY. IT WAS EASY SIMPLE ONE,....................

Congratulations & Good Luck Lasantha !!

That was smooth and most DV winners in SL should expect the same, provided you followed the 'simple' directions embassy provided with their one page DV winners' instructions.

I should've told this before, but others take note...

Don't even think about going in there before 1pm. (your appt. will be either Tue or Thu 1pm)

The security booth wont allow you into it even if it is pouring rain (like what happened to me, but I protested and let the 'Marines' monitoring the security cameras know my disappointment, I was let stay in the booth till 1pm, mere 10min extra!)

Don't take that chance nor the 'indignity' of staying outside on the pavement in scorching sun or rain. Its not worth 'cos DV process is so smooth.
No need to think to be 1st in line etc.

Just get into a wayside 'kottu' joint near the Kolla junct. and sip a cuppa till 1pm or just chill it out at the Lib Plaza (no...not the 7th floor for heavens sake!!) and take a walk down near to 1pm.

Plan to stay in the embassy ~2 Hrs the max.

Good Luck everyone!

The day of notification is 1st April but how would confirmation of their win be given? is it via email, telephone, or letter(post) and could it be late notification? From past winners how have they recieved the details?

Congratulations & Good Luck Lasantha !!

That was smooth and most DV winners in SL should expect the same, provided you followed the 'simple' directions embassy provided with their one page DV winners' instructions.

I should've told this before, but others take note...

Don't even think about going in there before 1pm. (your appt. will be either Tue or Thu 1pm)

The security booth wont allow you into it even if it is pouring rain (like what happened to me, but I protested and let the 'Marines' monitoring the security cameras know my disappointment, I was let stay in the booth till 1pm, mere 10min extra!)

Don't take that chance nor the 'indignity' of staying outside on the pavement in scorching sun or rain. Its not worth 'cos DV process is so smooth.
No need to think to be 1st in line etc.

Just get into a wayside 'kottu' joint near the Kolla junct. and sip a cuppa till 1pm or just chill it out at the Lib Plaza (no...not the 7th floor for heavens sake!!) and take a walk down near to 1pm.

Plan to stay in the embassy ~2 Hrs the max.

Good Luck everyone!

Hi!Nuvf
Thanks for your wishes.
You are right, best thing is to be at the embassy sharp 13:00hrs.(If it is few minutes less or more is okey.
I reached the embassy firstly 40minutes early, so i went to liberty plaza and spent my time having some snacks until 12:50hrs, thereafter i proceeded to the embassy.

Hi Chamalka, welcome to this forum

Well, I wanted to get PC well before since it takes months to arrive. How ever it was not accepted by the Embassy and ask me wait to be 'Current'

Lasantha's case is different since he first tried to be interviewed in Dubai hence applied PC early.

BTW fill up your signature with CN
Hi! Chamalka
Nalin's advice is absolutely right. My case was different firstly i decided to have my interview in dubai and thereafter i changed it to colombo. Hence, i applied for PC much earlier. After i changed to colombo, us embassy adviced me same PC i could use for the visa interview.
In your case you have to wait until the 2nd notification letter, thereafter colombo us embassy will call you and ask for your I.D number. US Embassy will get the police clearance certificate behalf of you.
If you need any assistance, we are there for you.
Good Luck.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - California

Hi
Do we have to write the case number in the upper right hand corner of the forms that we have to send to KCC.
The website says that all documents n correspondence should have the case number. Am wondering whether the same applies to the DS 230 and DSP 122 forms as well?

Hi! Chamalka
Nalin's advice is absolutely right. My case was different firstly i decided to have my interview in dubai and thereafter i changed it to colombo. Hence, i applied for PC much earlier. After i changed to colombo, us embassy adviced me same PC i could use for the visa interview.
In your case you have to wait until the 2nd notification letter, thereafter colombo us embassy will call you and ask for your I.D number. US Embassy will get the police clearance certificate behalf of you.
Good Luck.

I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
POE - California

thank you very much for your advice Lasantha . enjoy ur stay in the US ...

Hi
Do we have to write the case number in the upper right hand corner of the forms that we have to send to KCC.
The website says that all documents n correspondence should have the case number. Am wondering whether the same applies to the DS 230 and DSP 122 forms as well?

i did it n dont think it'l cause any trouble :)

Good Luck.

I am confused. The email I received today by Colombo Consular advise totally different for police clearance.

"""Police clearance certificate to be obtained from the Police Head Quarters:
Submit your application for Police clearance certificate at the Police headquarters – 31, Olcott Mawatha, Pettah, Colombo 12 (Police Welfare Building at the Police headquarters) with the following documents:
1. Photocopy of National ID card.
- Women, who use their husband’s family name, must submit a copy of the marriage certificate and an affidavit stating the maiden name and the name after the marriage.
2. Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
3. Photocopy of passport.
4. A fee of Sri Lankan Rupees 500/-.
The clearance certificate will be mailed to your address by registered post in approximately 3-4 weeks
Download the application form for the police clearance certificate (http://www.police.lk/divisions/clearence.asp). Application forms are available at the police head quarters."""

Which way is correct???

Case number : 2012AS00012***
1st Notification : 1st of may 2012
Forms sent to KCC by DHL : 3rd may 2012
DHL confirmation : 6th may 2012
??????

Did you see this message Chamalka.

The results of the selection process for the 2012 Diversity Visa (DV-2012) program have been voided. Results previously available via the Entry Status Check (ESC) function on the Department of State website, dvlottery.state.gov, were posted in error and are now invalid. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.
http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/diversity-visa-lottery-program.html

Did you see this message Chamalka.

The results of the selection process for the 2012 Diversity Visa (DV-2012) program have been voided. Results previously available via the Entry Status Check (ESC) function on the Department of State website, dvlottery.state.gov, were posted in error and are now invalid. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.
http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/diversity-visa-lottery-program.html

Ohh No .. wht 2 do mate . seems like it's time to change the plans again :) "api naggoth puwak gaheth debal " :)

I am confused. The email I received today by Colombo Consular advise totally different for police clearance.

"""Police clearance certificate to be obtained from the Police Head Quarters:
Submit your application for Police clearance certificate at the Police headquarters – 31, Olcott Mawatha, Pettah, Colombo 12 (Police Welfare Building at the Police headquarters) with the following documents:
1. Photocopy of National ID card.
- Women, who use their husband’s family name, must submit a copy of the marriage certificate and an affidavit stating the maiden name and the name after the marriage.
2. Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
3. Photocopy of passport.
4. A fee of Sri Lankan Rupees 500/-.
The clearance certificate will be mailed to your address by registered post in approximately 3-4 weeks
Download the application form for the police clearance certificate (http://www.police.lk/divisions/clearence.asp). Application forms are available at the police head quarters."""

Which way is correct???

OMG !!......can you dbl check w/embassy that this is in fact a procedural change?

If so, it may be a bit (or Big?) of a problem 'cos the arrangement the emb. had with the PHQ before was way too fast compared to a person try obtaining it directly.
Just dbl chk the info in any case.

Best!

OMG !!......can you dbl check w/embassy that this is in fact a procedural change?

If so, it may be a bit (or Big?) of a problem 'cos the arrangement the emb. had with the PHQ before was way too fast compared to a person try obtaining it directly.
Just dbl chk the info in any case.

Best!

Yes, even embassy web site is updated accordingly

http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/police-clearances.html

However today I handed over our applications to Police HQ personally

Hi Nalin.. I think We will be called for Police Clearance from US embassy in Srilanka .. And i obtained to check it on the embassy website ...Normally US embassy collect our police clearance from Police headquarters ...until now.,,

2nd NL Received :waiting
Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Hi Nalin.. I think We will be called for Police Clearance from US embassy in Srilanka .. And i obtained to check it on the embassy website ...Normally US embassy collect our police clearance from Police headquarters ...until now.,,

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

This is how it is on the web site

".........The clearance certificate will be mailed to your address by registered post in approximately 3-4 weeks.........."
It was confirmed by the Police office who accepted my application too.

Anyway if you receive any other advice from the embassy, please let me know.

Looks like you are going to be the first to face the new 'procedure', good luck!

I always thought that embassy got it fast 'cos they may have had the arrangement to obtain only the NIB and CID clearance.
As far as I know, the regular report what you are asked to obtain now, goes to all individual stations as well, relevant to the past/present addresses you provide in the application. They also obtain a report from the NIC office as well. All these could add up time so be on the look out how long it takes.

I know these 'cos when I first wanted to do AoS, I thought (though not required) I will obtain this via the SL embassy in US and it took a whopping 4 months!!
It may be not that bad when you wants to get it while in SL, but you never know. I mentioned these so that you are aware of what is going on, not to make you guys nervous. I hope that you all would get these reports within a month as was the case earlier when the embassy was getting it.

Best!

dv-2011 winner from Srilanka

This is how it is on the web site

".........The clearance certificate will be mailed to your address by registered post in approximately 3-4 weeks.........."
It was confirmed by the Police office who accepted my application too.

Anyway if you receive any other advice from the embassy, please let me know.

That's correct ... Srilanka Us embassy updated new DV-checklist with New method of get Police clearance..

Thank you Nalin

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

dv-2011 winner from Srilanka

Dears.. I got my interview date ... 7th of July 2011

2nd NL Received :waiting (hopefully june 2nd week)
Status : 2nd NL is sent from KCC confirmed by KCC on (18/05/2011)
Police clearance : waiting
Medical :waiting
Interview Date: 7th July 2011
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Dears.. I got my interview date ... 7th of July 2011

2nd NL Received :waiting (hopefully june 2nd week)
Status : 2nd NL is sent from KCC confirmed by KCC on (18/05/2011)
Police clearance : waiting
Medical :waiting
Interview Date: 7th July 2011
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Hi! Kuhananth
Good luck. God will be with you always.

POE - California

Last edited by a moderator: