• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 winners from SRILANKA Report here

It is sad to say that none of Sri Lankans who were successful in the interview shared their experiences in this thread :confused:

Hi! Nalin
Yes, you are absolutely right. Nobody so far has posted any experience about the successful interview.
I too wait for some one to post their experience,hope soon some one will reply for our request.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX
1NL received in july 2010
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hi! Nalin
Yes, you are absolutely right. Nobody so far has posted any experience about the successful interview.
I too wait for some one to post their experience,hope soon some one will reply for our request.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX
1NL received in july 2010
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.

Hi Lasantha

Could you receive the 2nl? & May i know your interview date? XX /05/2011

If not .Please mail or call to KCC? Then receive your interview date & your 2nd letetr posted date from KCC

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 42,000 Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450

ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

Hi! Dulanga
Its a great news,finally you got the visa. After initial stage troubles you had to face earlier,i read your previous posting.
Where did you face the interview in which country?
To which state you are planning to go?

Good luck friend and all the best in USA.

Yes lasantha finally I got Visa.I had an interview in Oman.They were asking the sponsor documents such as I -134,1040,sponsor current job letter,his green card copy or his US passport copy etc..But finally I found sponsor & submited all the required documents.But I am advising by my expieriance all to do the interview in SL embassy other than any other place.Because embassy wise their requirement will be changed.As a Interview expieriance, they kept me their more than one hour.I hope srilankan embassy maximum 5 minutes.They checked my documents every ins & out.Mean while they have asked some small question related to my documents.Where u born,where u r working.where u studies etc.Just they want to cross check.Fortunately I didnt do any mistake in the documents & the answers.Otherwise it will be problem for me.If you have correct documents what they need no need to worry.U will get Visa very easily.Because once u got interview letter & once you have proof of documents, definetly u will get visa...this is my interview expieriance..
So I plan to travel USA texas area coming May..Because of the cost of living & the climate mainly I have sellected that area.I just want to know one thing from you all.I just want to rent an apartment & I have money.But without job & guarantee will they provide apartment.If anybody knows pls reply me..
Dulanga.

Yes lasantha finally I got Visa.I had an interview in Oman.They were asking the sponsor documents such as I -134,1040,sponsor current job letter,his green card copy or his US passport copy etc..But finally I found sponsor & submited all the required documents.But I am advising by my expieriance all to do the interview in SL embassy other than any other place.Because embassy wise their requirement will be changed.As a Interview expieriance, they kept me their more than one hour.I hope srilankan embassy maximum 5 minutes.They checked my documents every ins & out.Mean while they have asked some small question related to my documents.Where u born,where u r working.where u studies etc.Just they want to cross check.Fortunately I didnt do any mistake in the documents & the answers.Otherwise it will be problem for me.If you have correct documents what they need no need to worry.U will get Visa very easily.Because once u got interview letter & once you have proof of documents, definetly u will get visa...this is my interview expieriance..
So I plan to travel USA texas area coming May..Because of the cost of living & the climate mainly I have sellected that area.I just want to know one thing from you all.I just want to rent an apartment & I have money.But without job & guarantee will they provide apartment.If anybody knows pls reply me..
Dulanga.

Hi! Dulanga.
Happy to hear from you good news. You are absolutely right, its always better to face the interview at us embassy-sri lanka. They know about our documents and other requirements,so they will treat us fairly.
If we are facing the interview in other countries we would end up with difficulties.
I am living at present in Dubai-UAE, but i will be facing my interview in sri lanka.

Regarding your question about apartments, as far as i know with my knowledge you do not need to prove the tennant job guarantee. Just they need an addittional deposit as a guarantee according to the monthly rent.
Once you have a place to stay,you can move around and find a job.

Good luck in USA
God bless you.

Hi Lasantha

Could you receive the 2nl? & May i know your interview date? XX /05/2011

If not .Please mail or call to KCC? Then receive your interview date & your 2nd letetr posted date from KCC

Hi! Kuhananth.
I received an email from kcc yesterday, saying my interview is on 10th May 2011 at colombo us embassy.
kcc has posted 2nd NL on 08th March 2011.
Thanks god.

Hi! Friends
Yesterday 10th march i received an email from KCC.
I sent an email to kcc on 7th march-2011 requesting for my date of the interview and kcc replied to me on 10th march-2011(Yesterday) saying that, my interview is scheduled for 10th May-2011 at Colombo-American Embassy. 2nd NL Letter kcc has posted on 08th March 2011.
Thanks GOD.
GOD IS GREAT AND PRAISE THE LORD.

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - waiting.
Visa pick-up -Waiting.

Hi! Friends
I sent an email to kcc on 7th march-2011 requesting for my date of the interview and kcc replied to me on 10th march-2011(Yesterday) saying that, my interview is scheduled for 10th May-2011 at Colombo-American Embassy. 2nd NL Letter kcc has posted on 08th March 2011.
Thanks GOD.

Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - waiting.
Visa pick-up -Waiting.

So far no body's reported an unsuccessful interview in Colombo US Embassy.
So we wish you too, a smooth running interview ends up with " YOU'RE WELCOME TO USA"

So far no body's reported an unsuccessful interview in Colombo US Embassy.
So we wish you too, a smooth running interview ends up with " YOU'RE WELCOME TO USA"

Hi! Nalin
Thanks for the blessings. We all are waiting for the turning point of our life.
All of us will have god's blessings and he will do what he promised to us.

Hi! Kuhananth.
I received an email from kcc yesterday, saying my interview is on 10th May 2011 at colombo us embassy.
kcc has posted 2nd NL on 08th March 2011.
Thanks god.

Congrats LASANTHA

& Welcome to SRILANKA for your successful interview

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting
Current : June/July
Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Good luck lasantha.u r welcome to usa

Hi! Friends
Thanks GOD.

2NL - waiting.
Visa pick-up -Waiting.

Congrats LASANTHA

& Welcome to SRILANKA for your successful interview

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Hi! Kuhananth
Thanks you for the blessings.
Wish u all the best too.

Only 15 days more for Next Visa bulletin

Expecting Big Margin for June

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Weren't they supposed to have the cut-off dates for May/June out by mid-March? The visa bulletin page used to say 'coming soon' for May, but it seems they have removed that.

Kuhananth, I'm hoping we'll be current in June, if not July.

Weren't they supposed to have the cut-off dates for May/June out by mid-March? The visa bulletin page used to say 'coming soon' for May, but it seems they have removed that.

Kuhananth, I'm hoping we'll be current in June, if not July.

That's correct & we can expect our 2nd letter end of the April or End of the May

So expectation////

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

One of the Dv winner from Srilanka
Mr Srikaran will have an interview to tomorrow

Congrats Srikaran

Please share your interview experience with this forum

Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

its very simple easy but waited long time.we go to the embassy at 7 am. There was a long line. We enter at 7.45. We submit our letter to gate six then half an hour we submit all our docs. we give them a lots of docs. But they return many docs to us. Then we wait a long and then we fingerprint. After that we waiy two long hours. We r bit tensed about long waiting cause every dv applicant complete interview and some get ap an some visa. Then we called at 12 pm and we enter at gate nine. Co asks to swear an sign then ask marriage date. My husband told co (male) that our marriage is affair marriage. Co laugh to hear that and ask for what date we meet eachother. I told him and co replied that oh very long time relationship. Then he wants to see our photo. We gave him our university life photos and later some marriage photo. The co is very much pleased to see our old photo and he is laoughing to see that. Then he give us a token. We dont understand what it was. He said with smile that he approve our visa and come tomorrow to pick up our visa. We became astonished to hear that. At last our all waiting come true .

its very simple easy but waited long time.we go to the embassy at 7 am. There was a long line. We enter at 7.45. We submit our letter to gate six then half an hour we submit all our docs. we give them a lots of docs. But they return many docs to us. Then we wait a long and then we fingerprint. After that we waiy two long hours. We r bit tensed about long waiting cause every dv applicant complete interview and some get ap an some visa. Then we called at 12 pm and we enter at gate nine. Co asks to swear an sign then ask marriage date. My husband told co (male) that our marriage is affair marriage. Co laugh to hear that and ask for what date we meet eachother. I told him and co replied that oh very long time relationship. Then he wants to see our photo. We gave him our university life photos and later some marriage photo. The co is very much pleased to see our old photo and he is laoughing to see that. Then he give us a token. We dont understand what it was. He said with smile that he approve our visa and come tomorrow to pick up our visa. We became astonished to hear that. At last our all waiting come true .

very very very big congrts both u guys

I am doing a short report on it for history class for I cannot find an online resource to tell me how it all got started.