• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

I don't think you shld reschedule the interview. Its just a few days after your visa has expired till your interview date. Once you get your visa sorted you can then move to the U.S from the U.K and don't have to go back to your home country.

Please do not reschedule or transfer to your home country. Hang in there for ur interview and get the heck out of UK. Just make sure you've all in the checklist so that you don't increase ur overstay in the UK.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks my good people I will hold on and keep pleading for an earlier date and keep sending mails, I have already booked the medicals for me and my wife for the 28th of Nov and I hope to have reschedule my interview before that time. I am so stressed about this matter I just hope I will get an earlier date.
Thanks all.

I'm using two WAEC result. One is with credit in English language while the other is not. Please, hope this result wont raise a negative concern? Meanwhile the combine result is of seven credit grade and also I have B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering.
I would be Glad to have forumite insight concerning this.

The trend forumite, we, 2012 dv winners depend on your past experience. Please help us and contribute to our successful up-coming interview.

Thanks and regards.

I'm using two WAEC result. One is with credit in English language while the other is not. Please, hope this result wont raise a negative concern? Meanwhile the combine result is of seven credit grade and also I have B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering.
I would be Glad to have forumite insight concerning this.

The trend forumite, we, 2012 dv winners depend on your past experience. Please help us and contribute to our successful up-coming interview.

Thanks and regards.

l think the most important thing is that your credit should include English and Mathematics. The issue of you obtaining your certificate in two sittings is not a problem at all. Your degree is only a plus for you.

Change of address while already in the us

hello forumites i have spent 2 months now in America...well things re going well,am jst taking everytin step by step until i get to the top...hope every 1 is doing okay also in America ????? hope we didnt leave anyone behind in nigeria??

Anyway i want to change my address which is already on file ,how do i go about it?

hello forumites i have spent 2 months now in America...well things re going well,am jst taking everytin step by step until i get to the top...hope every 1 is doing okay also in America ????? hope we didnt leave anyone behind in nigeria??

Anyway i want to change my address which is already on file ,how do i go about it?

You can file for AR-11 and mail it in or you should be able to do it online at this site https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa Things in the US should recover after a while , I have lived here all my life and this is a bad down cycle but hang in there

Please how can I reschedule my interview. Is there any problem that can come out of the rescheduling? Thanks!

You can email the embassy , Include your case number in the subject of the email and the body. Request a new date and give the reason that you can't attend. Keep a copy of their response email. This early in the year it shouldn't be a problem but later it may make you miss the cut off numbers.

Hello house, it has been a while i made input to this thread. Though i hav been visiting on a regular basis on the events and happeninigs. i hav been busy with marital plans and i am happy to announce to the house that i was suceesfully married on 22nd of october. Meanwhile, it is time to rekindle the "Obama dream" with my fellow brethren in this forum. i will be moving to the US on 30th Nov, this month end and i need your prayers for a successful jorney to God's own country. I love u all, and God bless u all.

Hello house, it has been a while i made input to this thread. Though i hav been visiting on a regular basis on the events and happeninigs. i hav been busy with marital plans and i am happy to announce to the house that i was suceesfully married on 22nd of october. Meanwhile, it is time to rekindle the "Obama dream" with my fellow brethren in this forum. i will be moving to the US on 30th Nov, this month end and i need your prayers for a successful jorney to God's own country. I love u all, and God bless u all.

Happy marriage bobbito. God will surely guide you to Obamaland. I wish you a safe journey in advance.

Pls can anyone tell me on how to go about my SSN?

Which State are u in?
Anyway, just go to the nearest Social Security office and fill out the form there.Go along with your International Passport, in order to identify urself.
Welcome to America!

You must prove your identity , use your passport
You must show your immigration status This is from their site
What original documents do I need?

Immigration status

To prove your U.S. immigration status, you must show us your current U.S. immigration document, such as Form I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card, Machine Readable Immigrant Visa), I-766 (work permit) or I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record). If you are an F-1 or M-1 student, you also must show us your I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. If you are a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor, you must show us your DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status.

You could mail your original documents but I would go in to an office Use this link to find one
https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001.jsp

problem with waec certificate

as you guys know that waec can be funny at times there is a problem with waec certificate my middlename was spelt wrongly by waec on the original certificate but my first and last name is correct and the pictures and date of birth is correct cause am using 2 sittings so i had the middle name problem with one of the certificate what do you think i should do or should i just go to the interview like that because waec said it would take 6 months for another one to be issued when i put in for correction and interview ois around the corner................pls advise

Pls advise: I have P in Mathematics

I currently have a national Diploma in Mathematics with enough working experience, but in my WAEC certificate i have PASS in mathematics, do you think this can disqualify me?

Which State are u in?
Anyway, just go to the nearest Social Security office and fill out the form there.Go along with your International Passport, in order to identify urself.
Welcome to America!
Thanks for your response .I am in New Jersey.

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

God is really faithful, am happy for u. All the best!

I need advise

Its been quite sometime i visited and posted in this forum. My family arrived US Nov 5th, settling down and other things took most of my time but thank God for everything.

Its been more than three weeks we arrived, we went to the SSN office within the second week of our arrival and was told to give the immigration 21days for our green card to arrive after which we can return back. My concern now is that its been more than 21days from our arrival date and all we (i and my daughter) have received is the welcome letter, even my husband's own welcome letter have not arrived up till this moment.

Pls, can someone who have had similar experience or is in Houston, Tx help me with when we are likely to get our GC, and should we go back to the SSN office with the welcome letter? Please what should i do to get it fast as we need this SSN for a lot of things as am made to understand? Thank you

Hello house, i am in the US. the cold here nr get part two ooooo. lol. Anyway, make una help me thank God ooo.