• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

Hello Shakky, congrats on your exploits. Please a quick one, what date did you came in? Cos i see JFK as your point of entry, which is also the same POE that i used. Although i will be 15 days here today,10 work day and 2 weekend and 1 day public holiday. I went to an SSN office 3 days of m arrival and they told me to wait for 10 work days which will be today. I have applied for so many job but they all kept asking for SSN! Once i get it by God's grace i will pick up a job! Peace be unto you!!!
I got my GC jst 17 days after arrival, infact i hv already gotten a job with an fon company and am to resume on wednesday. i give thanks 2 Almighty Allah for making things easy 4 me

Hello Shakky, congrats on your exploits. Please a quick one, what date did you came in? Cos i see JFK as your point of entry, which is also the same POE that i used. Although i will be 15 days here today,10 work day and 2 weekend and 1 day public holiday. I went to an SSN office 3 days of m arrival and they told me to wait for 10 work days which will be today. I have applied for so many job but they all kept asking for SSN! Once i get it by God's grace i will pick up a job! Peace be unto you!!!

You meant Please a quick one, what date did you come in? Right?

Looking forward to the day........... 10 Days to the day. Best of luck to all DV expectants and those that are yet to go for interview.

@Ferdi, i agree with you. We all are learning. Sincerely, i used to see you as a very 'caustic' (harsh) person but with time, you have improved. Sometimes it's not about the grammar but about the fact that people are oftentimes desperate to get answers and so don't bother with the past/present, or grammar of the English language. it is good to actually see that someone is taking time to make people aware of this importance. Perhaps that's what makes you stand out in this forum. You can correct in a funny way so people don't have to 'be on their toes' because they want to ask a question. Lets see you as the Grammar Man but in a funny way. Afterall, no be our mama tongue na!
@Sunnysunny. Thatz 'Ferdi just being ferdi'. I actually smiled when i saw his response. Itz all good. Glad you are doing great. Kudos to your maturity.
@Heavonborn, I know you wont make too much out of this. Just laugh Jo! and say thank you to Ferdi; our Grammar Professor.

@Ferdi, i agree with you. We all are learning. Sincerely, i used to see you as a very 'caustic' (harsh) person but with time, you have improved. Sometimes it's not about the grammar but about the fact that people are oftentimes desperate to get answers and so don't bother with the past/present, or grammar of the English language. it is good to actually see that someone is taking time to make people aware of this importance. Perhaps that's what makes you stand out in this forum. You can correct in a funny way so people don't have to 'be on their toes' because they want to ask a question. Lets see you as the Grammar Man but in a funny way. Afterall, no be our mama tongue na!
@Sunnysunny. Thatz 'Ferdi just being ferdi'. I actually smiled when i saw his response. Itz all good. Glad you are doing great. Kudos to your maturity.
@Heavonborn, I know you wont make too much out of this. Just laugh Jo! and say thank you to Ferdi; our Grammar Professor.

Okay. The problem is bending back over to look at what we don't know before or didn't know was incorrect. I want people to let down their hair but some things are just too simple to be mistaken. Am not a professor in English, though I would love to be. Just be good at it and you go places. I learn every day and I make myself available for corrections not only in English Language. If he sees it as an affront, I'll apologize if he doesn't he too has learned a new and good way of using tenses.

Hello house, my final destination point is Ohio but all flight to that region is about 385k which is on the high side for me. It appears that Qatar airways is the cheapest but their final stop is at New York. I would appreciate your advice on the possibility and the challenges involved in stopping at New York and boarding another plane or bus to Ohio. Please someone with useful information should come to my aid.

Hello house, my final destination point is Ohio but all flight to that region is about 385k which is on the high side for me. It appears that Qatar airways is the cheapest but their final stop is at New York. I would appreciate your advice on the possibility and the challenges involved in stopping at New York and boarding another plane or bus to Ohio. Please someone with useful information should come to my aid.

Most international flights come into a few airports. From there you can catch planes to other places. It is usually cheaper to buy it as a single ticket. If you are stopping at JFK be sure to allow at least 3 hours between flights so that you can get through immigration at the airport. If you choose to continue by bus the major interstate busline is called greyhound. You may have to pay new bagage fees and have a different limit on the number of bags you can take

Hello everyone. To those going for interview this week, God will grant you success and testimonies to perfect what He started in your lives, cos this is a month of perfection!

My family decided to change our address from Washington to Houston Texas cos of one or two things. How do we go about it at the POE?

If u are still in Nigeria, I think it is better you fly direct to Houston and not bother going to Washington first. You can also give the Immigration Officer ur new address, when u get to d airport in Houston. Cheers!

Hello Forumites,

May the Lord show mercy and favour to ALL those going for interviews this month and the coming months IJN,AMEN.

Also to those still on AP,may the grace of the Lord be with them and grant all VISA BREAKTHROUGH IJN,AMEN.

we shall continue to testify to the goodness of GOD on this forum IJN,AMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

when u got USA,did u go to the Social security office at your locality to apply for the SNN nd the GC or it came directly to your house automatically?

We went to the Social Securiy Office two days after we got to the US to apply. It was sent to us by mail. We went with our Nigerian passports only. Then the Welcome letter and Greencard was sent directly to our residence

Peace

N-2011AF00007XXX (My wife)
E-DV: Nov 30th,2009
NL Sent by KCC: 1st Apr,2010
NL Received: 20th May,2010
NL Sent back: 6th Jun,2010
KCC confirmed receipt Aug,2010
Police Report: 11th Oct,2010
Started medicals:20th Oct,2010
Completed Medicals:22 Oct,2010
2nd NL received: 12 Nov,2010
Interview part 1 come back again:23 Nov,2010
Interview‏‎ part 2 Successful:21 dec,2010
Visa picked up:7 Jan,2011
POE Chicago :8 Mar,2011
SSN Recieved: 4 apr,2011
GC Recieved : 6 apr,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Glory, Honor, Praise and Blessing be unto the Name of God
@ all, i have a successful submission of the medicals forms with no questions asked, just the visa pick up slip handed to me. that is on the 15th of July.
Father Almighty i thank you for the break through. also my sincere thanks goes to the entire form members from each and every thread. the Lord Almighty be with us all.
Again i wish the best of success to all those going for their interviews this month and upcoming months and especially those on AP. the Lord's will be done in our lives and at the SET time, we all be smiling.