• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from nigeria report here

I want to thank God most immensely for a successful interview He granted me and my family.
We got to the embassy around 6.00am. Me, my husband and our 2yrs old daughter for 7.00am interview and by 6.30am we formed a queue for DV lottery. We were tagged DV10. My husband paid 819dollars for 3 of us, we were called by a Naija guy to submit documents and around 9.00am we were called at window 10 for interview by a white American guy.

CO: good morning
Me n Husband- ans
CO: You're here because you were selected for further processing in the DV lottery
Me: Yes
CO: pls raise up ur right hand n swear.
Me n Husband: ans
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, i want to do biometrics for both of u, starting with my husband.
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines, and asked my husband to sit down with our baby
CO: What is ur highest level of education?
Me: ans
CO: What school did you graduate from?
CO: What year did u graduate?
CO: Where did u do ur youth service?
CO: Did u do any project?
CO: What is the topic?
CO: Tell me about Linear Programming Technique
CO: Did u use any form of computer application for the project?
CO: How did you get data for the research work?
CO: How many questioners did u distribute?
CO: Did u use any formulation to calculate the minimization problem?
CO: How is the Simplex method used?
CO: What is the courses u did in school?
CO: What is the difference between Project Management and Project Implementation?
CO: What job or work u re doing presently?
CO: When did u meet ur husband?
CO: How did u meet?
CO: When did you get married?
CO: What does ur husband do?
CO: Do u have any photo album?
CO: (Went through the photos) and asked if I have personal photos, I gave him my NYSC photos. He went through them and asked me to sit down and call my husband
My husband was asked how we meet, when we got married, when I went for youth service and where I served and what he does for a living.
CO: Please tell your wife to come over
He started typing on the computer, stood up and brought a white typed paper from printer and said go to the below address in a week to collect your visa
CO: Congratulations.
Please do not make any travel plans until you collect your visas.
Me: Thanks

That was it! I want to say a big thank you to all that have contributed in one way or the other in this forum to make it what it is. Indeed, the information and direction I got here got me equipped before going for the interview. Knowledge is Power!

Thanks once again!

Congrats Vicmac2 and family.To God be the Glory.

Hi thanks
As it is now, i have sampled all opinion and the best thing for me now is to go and settle down first and probably come home annually for the next 5 years before i could file in for her . but i will still sample immigration lawyers opinions when i get to the state.

Hi Temmy,
you don't have to wait for 5 yrs.check the link i posted last week for clarification.
Cheers

I know it is in Lagos. So u will leave ur wife here or what do u plan to do. Am kinda in that sticky situation.Hello all, must Police Report come from Alagbon, I have done that shit there twice, but now that all is real, could I have it done elsewhere like I just did for my NPC? For instance in Jos however I know Medicals must be at Kamoras. What about Police Report, must it be done at Alagbon. Those guys dey make cash.

I did mine through the State CID in Port Harcourt,but it was sent to Alagbon for endorsement.They are more like a collection point and it costs far more-10k.Good deal for me as it saved me the trouble of travelling to Lagos.

I did mine through the State CID in Port Harcourt,but it was sent to Alagbon for endorsement.They are more like a collection point and it costs far more-10k.Good deal for me as it saved me the trouble of travelling to Lagos.

Okay I will just leave it till I get to Lagos.Last time my brother pulled strings and we paid N5K.

Hi,
I guess Alagbon Close is more authentic, as everyone on dis Forum got their Reports there.
U can call Mr.Joshua Ogwo( a police officer) on 08030606731 and negotiate for like 4k or 5k.
Cheers!

Yeah it expires after 3months, so I will leave it until when in Lagos in August/September.

@kennyeast
Yessss o... Bro CONGRAT. How was your jurn...? Thank God for our lifes. Any travel experience?

my journey was fine, it was a good xperience, i spent 6hrs from lagos to london, spent about 5hrs waiting for my connecting flight, spent 7hrs from london to chicago, their services was very good.

Kenny, we join u in thanking God for journey mercies. How long was the trip, chicago and all that? Guy just keep us posted! Finally the eagle has landed in God's own country! Gudluck my broda and God bless!

thaks o, my journey was cool, chicago is a nice place, so far i'm enjoying myself, i spent 6hrs to london, spent 5hrs at heathrow airport, then spent 7 hrs from london to chicago.

forumite, i am absolutely sorry for not being on the tread all this while, this due to work and also my phone which i do use in browsing was stolen and again the lost tread has also been a contributing factor. now that i now know how to get thru to the forumites, i promise to do my best in helping in resolving issues and clearing doubt. will soonn leave for the state

Hello house, our interview is next week friday, we really need your support in prayer o, may God Almight be with everyone of us in this forum and our friends and family. One love.

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

http://link.brightcove.com/services...PALrFGi6o0QhQY9IxyliWBJ3Vq&bctid=942119090001

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

* U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

* Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

* No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q: Do I have to submit a new application?

* No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q: Will you open a new entry period?

* New entries will not be accepted.

Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?

* Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?

* The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?

* We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.

* This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.

This is true as 2012 dv lottery has been cancelled! God will still favour those who has already been chosen IJMN! Ferdiii and others we pray it will still work together for your favour IJMN!