• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

my2011,

Am happy to hear there is still a chance for them. I have advised them to follow on the waiver. Acutally A waiver of inadmissibility is what they call it in the denial sheet. I hope they succeed on this route. Have you heard from the embassy of late? My prayers are still with you.

@ mamaizoo

Keep the house posted whatever. You'll be surprised how useful the info is to others here n elsewhere.
For my case I do email the embassy once in a while and surprisingly they respond in a day or two though not much to tell. I also do call washinhton(DOS) though they repeat what the embassy says. Just prayers.

Interview date

Halo guys, congratulations to all who have successfully done their interviews; wish you guys journey mercies.

Yesterday I called KCC to ask about my interview date, and as I expected, they told me they are presently handling only the cases below 71,xxx and that I should call them back on the 15th July to check if they will have a date for me. So am wondering if the guys whose CNs are current (i.e. Wanjeri, Olyn etc) know their interview dates? if not, have you tried calling KCC as you wait for your 2nd NL? I understand calling them is the quickest way of knowing your interview date.

@ Scarnam

You can only call once the visa bulletin shows you are current not before then. If the bulletin is out by 15 july n you're current sure they'll tell your intervw date. DO NOT wait for the 2nd nl.

Interview date

Halo guys, congratulations to all who have successfully done their interviews; wish you guys journey mercies.

Yesterday I called KCC to ask about my interview date, and as I expected, they told me they are presently handling only the cases below 71,xxx and that I should call them back on the 15th July to check if they will have a date for me. So am wondering if the guys whose CNs are current (i.e. Wanjeri, Olyn etc) know their interview dates? if not, have you tried calling KCC as you wait for your 2nd NL? I understand calling them is the quickest way of knowing your interview date.

i did call them and they gave me the same answer,i have to wait for my CN to be current

@scarnam
I wrote to KCC as soon as they said we were current in August and they gave me dates of the last week of August, olyn is going for the interview next week and we wish her victory. So if you write to KCC in a weeks time you will be given the dates for your interview and it will be in the first two weeks of Sept and most likely the second week of september.

@Olyn, your interview next week will be a success in Jesus' name. Wish you all God's best.
For those going for their interviews next month all the best too.

All: DV applicants do not qualify for waivers of inadmissibility because there is no "extreme hardship" for DV applicants who do not have immediate relatives (spouse or children) in the United States. Furthermore, no waiver is available for a "public charge" refusal, but it can be overcome -- though in most cases this is difficult for DV applicants.

All: DV applicants do not qualify for waivers of inadmissibility because there is no "extreme hardship" for DV applicants who do not have immediate relatives (spouse or children) in the United States. Furthermore, no waiver is available for a "public charge" refusal, but it can be overcome -- though in most cases this is difficult for DV applicants.

I'm sure you r aware that If a visa is refused at the end of the interview, a sheet summarizing reasons for refusal and possible ways to overcome the refusal is provided. If this included a waiver of inadmissibility for this particular DV applicant are suggesting that the CO. Acted erroneously?
Also any IV applicant can overcome public charge unless you there is other official info that is contrary.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Hello dear friends .. Thanks alot for blessing me

But i have 50 % /5-% good/sad news

My father also dv winner. so he got interview succesful with my family included my mother, Brother and sister However my visa was rejected

Because they said. My age is reached 21 now/ Therefore my age is now 21 years 8 months but my father applied for the dv when my age was 20 years 16 days

As US law ... I was eligible for apply to DV with my father. So Why did tehy reject my visa?

As US law DV-2011 instructions Q14 says ...
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children, as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry (do not include children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents), even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV; however, U.S. law protects children from ―aging out in certain circumstances. If your electronic DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes

Please read underlined part...

Can my father appeal against the KCC or US embassy of Srilanka with DV case ?

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX (CITIZEN OF SRILANKA)
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
Forms back to KCC : 04/07/2010
KCC received : 28/07/2010
2nd NL Received : 10/06/2011
Police clearance : done . (13/06/2011)
Medical : done (06/07/2011)
Interview Date : 7th July 2011 at US embassy,colombo
Interview successful: successful (My family get approval for the visa but embassy has rejected my visa)
Visa pickup : 12/07/2011
POE : Newark,NJ on next month
GC Received : waiting
SSN Received : waiting

No, again. A DV is not a petition - based immigration visa. And again, you can only overcome public charge by proving access to significant funds that would keep you from relying on tax payers in the US. There is no waiver, under any circumstance, for public charge.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Because they said. My age is reached 21 now/ Therefore my age is now 21 years 8 months but my father applied for the dv when my age was 20 years 16 days

Can my father appeal against the KCC or US embassy of Srilanka with DV case ?
I remember going through such a scenario in either the Ghana or Nigeria thread for 2010. Initially the child was denied the visa but was given later. I DONT REMEBER THE SPECIFIC DETAILS BUT YOU CAN TRY GO THROUGH EITHER OF THESE THREADS AND PROBABLY YOU'LL GET HELP

No, again. A DV is not a petition - based immigration visa. And again, you can only overcome public charge by proving access to significant funds that would keep you from relying on tax payers in the US. There is no waiver, under any circumstance, for public charge.

And how come we put our names as petitioners in the DS 230 forms we sent to KCC if it is not petition based?

Olyn, this is your big day, you will be a success in JESUS' Name, my prayers are with you and keep us posted on your interview experience.

hi all,am new in forum-@ Olyn we pray for you to be successful.my spouse case:AF00078***.i have some question bothering me.1}Am Kenyan but studied in Uganda for 3 yrs. do i need 2 police certs.If so, where in Uganda can i obtain one.
2}Entered lottery as Married + our 1 yr old child but had civil marriage (obtained marriage cert)after 1st NL,do i need to prove more on marriage issue.
3} DO i need affidavit of support?
For all those going for interview,,GOD BE WITH YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all,am new in forum-@ Olyn we pray for you to be successful.my spouse case:AF00078***.i have some question bothering me.1}Am Kenyan but studied in Uganda for 3 yrs. do i need 2 police certs.If so, where in Uganda can i obtain one.
2}Entered lottery as Married + our 1 yr old child but had civil marriage (obtained marriage cert)after 1st NL,do i need to prove more on marriage issue.
3} DO i need affidavit of support?
For all those going for interview,,GOD BE WITH YOU.

Case No : 2011AF00078XXX
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct (Married)
1st NL Received : May 2010
Forms back to KCC : May 2010
KCC received : 15/06/2010
2nd NL Received : Waiting
Police clearance : Waiting
Medical : Waiting
Interview Date : Waiting Hopefull Sep.
Interview successful: Waiting
Visa pickup :
POE : Hopefull Bayonne NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
@valvin

You'l need a police cert from uganda. Check with their embassy in nairobi.
More crucial what do you have to show you were married legally before entering edv?e
Entering as married and getting the certificate after winning may disqualified in not careful.

@2011 DVS WINNERS

ALL DVS 2011 are now current in Kenya in the month of September and we wish everyone Gods victory. We hope @olyn will also keep us posted.@Scarnam, @Nelimah and @Ngugimuturi you can now prepare for your day is coming.