• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi guys,
A couple I was with during medicals were denied visas yesterday reason being their 2 and a half yrs boy has delayed developmental milestones (Downsyndrome in other words) They want to know whether they can appeal coz they consider this stigmatization but i dont know how to advice them coz i have no information regarding this. Does any one have an idea concerning appeal for a visa denial?

@gichan, my interview is next week. Keep us in your prayers.

@mamaizoo

My thinking is that they were denied on public charge grounds since the child will need special care. If I this us so then they can overcome it by submitting an A0S by a LPR.plz let them inform u what's exactly written on their refusal sheet so tha we can consult appropriately.

@mamaizoo

My thinking is that they were denied on public charge grounds since the child will need special care. If I this us so then they can overcome it by submitting an A0S by a LPR.plz let them inform u what's exactly written on their refusal sheet so tha we can consult appropriately.

My2011, they were denied on public charge grounds, i confirmed with them. Now when they do get AOS what process will they follow? Will they need to book for an appointment and will they be required to pay the visa and lottery fees again?

@ Mamaizoo

In that case all is ok. Couple of issues.
1.The case is still open till end of september
2.Get the A0S asap between now ans september.
3.NO they will not pay a single cent
4.Once they have the AOS they will email the embassy and they will be directed on how to deliver it.
5.Best still they should email the embassy of their intention to overcome the
Public charge by submitting an A0S.
6.Compaining of stigmatisation won't work.just follow the rules. Nothing isc lost yet. I know of couple from a different forum with sdimilar case and the went through.

Goodluck n let us know how it turns out.
Not forgetting to wish you the best in your interview.

Apealing is the couple best option, I have never come a cross such a case mamaizoo and my2011 .What are the conditions(medically) stated, that can prevent one from being issued with a visa.
Downsyndrome I think is a condition which is just controlled, not even effectious. Why are they frustrating the couple?
My fear is that during these last last days, they may not even look at the appeal, and the CO seems to have a final say., but lam going to put the same question to our collegues in the Ghana and Nigerian forum and hear what they have to say. after-all, we are learning and the same will also help our other friends.
Maimazoo, I pray and wish you the best next week, Be confident for the visa is yours in Jesus name!

@ olyn

I'm holding on ok.thanks for prayers.

Infectious diseases eg TB,syphillis are the biggest threat though you can overcome denial by showing completion of treatment aand retesting.problem though is time in the case of TB. All other medical conditions normally show need for special care or medical attention will be required once you are in the US. Such cases are mostly denied under public charge till you are able to show you'll be financially capable of catering for the individual.in this case only an A0S will do.

My2011,
thanks a lot for the good advice. I am so encouraged coz i really felt it when they were denied the visas and now that i know there is a chance for them i will assist them the best way possible until they get them. If others in similar situation sailed thru they too will in Jesus' name. Thanks also for the best wishes
@Olyn, thanks gal. I believe God i will come back here with a victory testimony.

@mamaizoo

In addition ask them if the denial sheet list section 212(a)4- puplic charge only or if in addition it lists section 221g. If 221g is also listed it means that denial is pending proof of financial ability - in this case A0S.

Hi all
what is the difference between IOM and other US approved clinics regarding medical test?
Thank you.

@mamaizoo your day of victory is coming next week.With all the information in this forum you are assured of victory and that is our payer. You have also done a good job by assisting that couple .Introduce them to the forum @olyn- mamaizoo victory will also be your victory as you are following right behind her and more tips will be provided for you . That's our prayers as a house. Glory is for both of you.

Does police certificate expire at the same time as the medical certificate which expires after six months and your Visa expiry depends on the duration of your medical.
@fikalab I think IOM is the only approved medical center by the US in Nairobi and another one in mombasa. For other countries I think it differs as some have quite a number of approved medical centers

@mamaizoo

In addition ask them if the denial sheet list section 212(a)4- puplic charge only or if in addition it lists section 221g. If 221g is also listed it means that denial is pending proof of financial ability - in this case A0S.

Will keep you informed once i manage to reach them. Thanks, you are doing a good job and may God richly bless you.

Does police certificate expire at the same time as the medical certificate which expires after six months and your Visa expiry depends on the duration of your medical.

Wanjeri, thanks for the best wishes. Victory and success is our portion i believe in Jesus' name.Police cert expires in 6months but i think your travelling is not dependent on it but on the medical coz should your mrdical expire before you leave for the US you will have to redo them again. Or should you leave when it is expired repeating them will be the first thing you do once you land in the US and it is very costly there.

wish you succes maimazoo, thanks wanjeri for the wishes too.
my2011, will boxed you on monday. God bless you.

Wanjeri, thanks for the best wishes. Victory and success is our portion i believe in Jesus' name.Police cert expires in 6months but i think your travelling is not dependent on it but on the medical coz should your mrdical expire before you leave for the US you will have to redo them again. Or should you leave when it is expired repeating them will be the first thing you do once you land in the US and it is very costly there.

They give you visa according to the medical. Basically, lets say if you did your medical 2 months before the interview, you will get a visa expiring after 4 months, the same day as medical. Nowadays they dont issue visa with the expiry date longer than you medical tests.

A friend of mine just asked me ,Which are the compulsory subjects that one must pass according to the Nairobi U.S embassy.Or is it just a pass in the mean grade that is checked.So help me out here guys.

Hi guys,

I give thanks and glory to God Almighty for His doings.I and my family had a successful interview today. We went prepared to report back tomorrow for the actual interview but were suprised to be told to wait outside for my name to be called after we paid and our fingerprints were taken.

Ours was a short one and will not go to the security checks procedures coz by now i guess everybody who has gone through this forum from the start is acquinted with them.

Well, we were called to window 10 and made to swear that what we will say and what is contained in the forms we sent is the truth which we did. The interview then followed as follows-:

CO: Apart from this present marriage have you ever been married before?
ME: Answer
CO: When did you get married?
CO:When did you give birth to your son?
CO: What are you currently doing?
CO: In which company?
CO: (To my husband) What are you currently doing?
HIM: Answer
CO: You can come for your visas tomorrow at 2pm, you dont have to come the two of you either of you can come. Then she handed us back our original docs ie Birth certs, marriage cert, KCSE Cert, and the receipt written the date and time for visa collection
And that was all.
US: Thank you

the God who made it happen is faithful and will take you through, all the best to those who are yet to do their interviews. With God all things are possible.

Hi guys,

I give thanks and glory to God Almighty for His doings.I and my family had a successful interview today. We went prepared to report back tomorrow for the actual interview but were suprised to be told to wait outside for my name to be called after we paid and our fingerprints were taken.

Ours was a short one and will not go to the security checks procedures coz by now i guess everybody who has gone through this forum from the start is acquinted with them.

Well, we were called to window 10 and made to swear that what we will say and what is contained in the forms we sent is the truth which we did. The interview then followed as follows-:

CO: Apart from this present marriage have you ever been married before?
CO: When did you get married?
CO:When did you give birth to your son?
CO: What are you currently doing?
CO: In which company?
CO: (To my husband) What are you currently doing?
HIM: Answer
CO: You can come for your visas tomorrow at 2pm, you dont have to come the two of you either of you can come. Then she handed us back our original docs ie Birth certs, marriage cert, KCSE Cert, and the receipt written the date and time for visa collection
And that was all.
US: Thank you

the God who made it happen is faithful and will take you through, all the best to those who are yet to do their interviews. With God all things are possible.

Wow! what a sweet interview experience,To God be the Glory.I wish my interview to be like yours.

@mamaizoo

Congrats to you n the entire family
After all the wait now you can rest easy.
I think after their announcements of changes that included more staff they may be faster for the remainder of the program.
All the best in your preparations for departure. When are u planning to leave?

A friend of mine just asked me ,Which are the compulsory subjects that one must pass according to the Nairobi U.S embassy.Or is it just a pass in the mean grade that is checked.So help me out here guys.

At the embassy they will look out for your mean (aggregate) grade, they dont consider your subjects performance. And D Plain is the minimum grade one can qualify under.The lady who was before me with her daughter were denied visas bcoz she had a D- mean grade.How i wished she had known this forum coz she wouldn't have put in all that money in the process.

@mamaizoo

Congrats to you n the entire family
After all the wait now you can rest easy.
I think after their announcements of changes that included more staff they may be faster for the remainder of the program.
All the best in your preparations for departure. When are u planning to leave?

Thanks My2011, its true now i can rest easy - thank God. No plans of departure yet, we just wanted to have the visas in our hands first and now that we'll be picking them tomorrow i guess we'll sit down and plan on that.