• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Wow! what a sweet interview experience,To God be the Glory.I wish my interview to be like yours.
fikalab, it did not last long and by 9.22am we were outside the embassy doors! I pray that yours will even be more faster and shorter.

Hi guys,

I give thanks and glory to God Almighty for His doings.I and my family had a successful interview today. We went prepared to report back tomorrow for the actual interview but were suprised to be told to wait outside for my name to be called after we paid and our fingerprints were taken.

Ours was a short one and will not go to the security checks procedures coz by now i guess everybody who has gone through this forum from the start is acquinted with them.

Well, we were called to window 10 and made to swear that what we will say and what is contained in the forms we sent is the truth which we did. The interview then followed as follows-:

CO: Apart from this present marriage have you ever been married before?
ME: Answer
CO: When did you get married?
CO:When did you give birth to your son?
CO: What are you currently doing?
CO: In which company?
CO: (To my husband) What are you currently doing?
HIM: Answer
CO: You can come for your visas tomorrow at 2pm, you dont have to come the two of you either of you can come. Then she handed us back our original docs ie Birth certs, marriage cert, KCSE Cert, and the receipt written the date and time for visa collection
And that was all.
US: Thank you

the God who made it happen is faithful and will take you through, all the best to those who are yet to do their interviews. With God all things are possible.

Congratulations Mamaizoo,
It was worth it and God was on your side and even the rest who are to visit the embassy they will get their Visas in Jesus name. Am also just shopping for air fare coz they are too high now.

@mamaizoo
That was sweet victory for you and by extension to the members of this forum. Does it mean that one should go prepared for an interview the same day one is taking the documents or you had taken your documents to the embassy last week? Otherwise tat is encouraging to us on the line.

Hi guys,

I give thanks and glory to God Almighty for His doings.I and my family had a successful interview today. We went prepared to report back tomorrow for the actual interview but were suprised to be told to wait outside for my name to be called after we paid and our fingerprints were taken.

Ours was a short one and will not go to the security checks procedures coz by now i guess everybody who has gone through this forum from the start is acquinted with them.

Well, we were called to window 10 and made to swear that what we will say and what is contained in the forms we sent is the truth which we did. The interview then followed as follows-:

CO: Apart from this present marriage have you ever been married before?
CO: When did you get married?
CO:When did you give birth to your son?
CO: What are you currently doing?
CO: In which company?
CO: (To my husband) What are you currently doing?
HIM: Answer
CO: You can come for your visas tomorrow at 2pm, you dont have to come the two of you either of you can come. Then she handed us back our original docs ie Birth certs, marriage cert, KCSE Cert, and the receipt written the date and time for visa collection
And that was all.
US: Thank you

the God who made it happen is faithful and will take you through, all the best to those who are yet to do their interviews. With God all things are possible.

hi Mamaizoo,

I am glad you made it , my wife and I are still waiting to be current. I have a question , i am wondering why they interviewed your husband since you are the principal applicant! Most of derivative of the principal applicant were not asked a single question based of what i read in this forum.

My wife is the principal applicant and she meets all the requirements(she presently works as a nurse), i lost my job 3 months ago , i do not want to be asked what i am currently doing because we may be denied the visa because i am jobless.
I am so anxious about it...............

hi Mamaizoo,

My wife is the principal applicant and she meets all the requirements(she presently works as a nurse), i lost my job 3 months ago , i do not want to be asked what i am currently doing because we may be denied the visa because i am jobless.

Dear dadadada72

You dont have to be worried about anything. At times they ask even the spouse of the principal applicant just to match that what your wife has said is true about you. And about you being jobless does not qualify you to be denied a visa. As far as you are genuine and you were working before shows that you were doing something with yourself before you became jobless. So be confident about yourself and don't be worried even if the Consular decides to question you just say the truth. All the best and God is on your side.

hi Mamaizoo,

I am glad you made it , my wife and I are still waiting to be current. I have a question , i am wondering why they interviewed your husband since you are the principal applicant! Most of derivative of the principal applicant were not asked a single question based of what i read in this forum.

My wife is the principal applicant and she meets all the requirements(she presently works as a nurse), i lost my job 3 months ago , i do not want to be asked what i am currently doing ecause we may be denied the visa because i am jobless.

dadadada72 ,

You should not be worried. The can not deny a visa because you are jobless.
Why do you think that they only question the main applicant? They give questions to both. And can ask any question either of you.
The main thing is to answer the same.
Or sometimes she was just asking a question, but either my husband or me was answering.

All the best on your interview and dont stress yourself so much. Everything gonna be fine!

dadadada72, you need not to worry about the job. its your wife and not you who is suppose to meet the Job or education qualification since she is the principal applicant.
You might be ask a question just to confirm if it matches the answer your wife has given.
Mamaizoo- please confirm, how much did you pay.It has been said here before, but lam just nervious to know since the dollar is so high, and how did you arrange the papers. I have boxed you- check!
The rest of the forum members, lets keep on praying for the best.

Thanks Guys for the congratulatory messages. I picked our visas today. I thank God for bringing us this far. All glory and honour i give to Him.

@Wanjeri, go prepared. We dropped our docs yesterday and were interviewed same day.

@dadadada72, Being a couple they can ask either of you anything but dont stress yourself about the questions. I guess they ask just for the sake of it bcoz the lady was writing on her computer all through as she asked us the questions. Only try your best to be honest and accurate with the answers you give such that your answers dont contradict what they already have about you guys.

@Olyn, the exchange rate at the embassy is 80/= per dollar thus 131,040/= for you and your daughter. For the documents i was asked for one at a time starting with our birth certs,KCSE cert,police certs, marriage cert, passports (original plus copies). I had an affidavit of support and they didnt ask for it but like it is always said in the forum better you carry with you everything you feel can be of help to you.

hi Mamaizoo,

thanks to all who provide me with accurate answers. i have been reassured and feel less anxious. Good luck for those who are waiting to be interviewed soon..............

CN 2011AF00069XXX
NL1 APRIL 2010
FORM SENT BACK MAY 2010
CURRENT, AUGUST 2011
NL2. Recieived JUNE29,2011
INTERVIEW. August 9,2011
VISA?
IN GODS GRACE WE SHALL PREVAIL

@mamaizoo that bit of information for one to go prepared when taking the documents is very important because I thought you just walk in casually during your first appointment just to present your documents and wait to be given the next appointment. I hope other members will also go prepared because from the look of things it is not surprising when you have the interview the day you are presenting your documents

@mamaizoo

In addition ask them if the denial sheet list section 212(a)4- puplic charge only or if in addition it lists section 221g. If 221g is also listed it means that denial is pending proof of financial ability - in this case A0S.

My2011, the couple's denial mentions section 212(a)4 and in addition section 212(a)5a. What does this mean for them? Kindly advise. Plus am thinking of connecting you with them coz you are more knowledgeable in this issue if you wont mind. You can email me at mamaizoo@yahoo.com

Mamizoo

The 212(a)5a is a bit gray. It suggests that they did not establish a clear relationship within the family mostly marriage. I'll email .

Mamizoo

Mamizoo
The 212(a)5a is a bit gray. It suggests that they did not establish a clear relationship within the family mostly marri
age or didn't meet the education requirements. I'll email .

Mamizoo

Mamizoo
The 212(a)5a is a bit gray. It suggests that they did not establish a clear relationship within the family mostly marri
age or didn't meet the education requirements. I'll email .

Well, i guess their case is complicated then though they presented a marriage Cert and the husband who is the principal applicant had C Plain in KCSE. The question is, is there any hope for them? They had mentioned to me that the denial sheet had mentioned of a waiver at a fee of over $500 dollars whereby they want to pursue this route for the husband to go alone. Do you have any info on this?

Mamaizoo;2314200 though they presented a marriage Cert and the husband who is the principal applicant had C Plain in KCSE. The question is said:
A waiver of inadmissibility is advised when there is a denial on specific grounds that can't be overcome otherwise. I think its the ground on which the 212(a)5a was given. Yes there is hope if only they can pursue and obtain the waiver before 30 sept.theirs I a question of aggressively following the options before them.their denial is not permanent as per the information they have given here. Issue is TIME.

To! All Friends.

*************HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY*********************

My case number is 2011AS00019XXX(Sri Lanka)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
Interview date- 10th May 2011 at Colombo(SL) American Embassy.(10/03/2011 received an email from KCC)
2NL - Received on 31/03/2011.
Medical - Completed on 06/05/2011
Visa Interview - Successful(10/05/2011)
Visa pick-up - Collected on 12/05/2011
POE - NEW YORK- New York City.

@Lasantha Amal
I didn't know that 2011 people were receiving their notification through Email as shown by your signature. Equally, do people receive police certificate through the Embassy ? or it is different in Sri Lanka?