• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Congratulations Nyasuna. We give the Lord all honor for the victory that his showering his people with. Please continue praying for us who are attending for interviews this month. We believe that God is going to favor us. AMEN.

hi Stonesanjay, congratulation for your victory. kindly what questions were you asked at the embassy?

hey guyz i have been away for awhile and need your advice here.i have a cousin who went for his interview in February and was put in administration processing,can anyone tell me what these means,and what needs to be done.i need your help

hey guyz i have been away for awhile and need your advice here.i have a cousin who went for his interview in February and was put in administration processing,can anyone tell me what these means,and what needs to be done.i need your help

Ngugi,
this is the info i got about your question

At the time of the interview an applicant who has been refused or pending administrative processing would have received either a pink handout or a blue handout from the Consular officer.
Blue Handout Cases: The Consular Officer would have given the applicant a blue handout seeking additional information or stating that further additional processing would be required. These cases do not fall within the category of cases which are listed on this website. In such cases the American Consulate, will get in touch with the applicant in due course as and when further action is required from the applicant. Specific instructions will be sent on a case by case basis. If your case falls within this category, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT the Consulate regarding the status of your case.
Pink Handout Cases: If you received a pink handout at the time of your interview, you can check the status of your case.
The case list below is updated regularly to show the cases that have been processed. A case will have only one of three remarks “Pending process” or “Contact the Consulate” or “Send Passport”.
Details about the remarks are given below:
“Pending process”: Your case is still pending administrative processing. Consulate cannot issue the visa prior to completing this processing. Consulate cannot waive this processing for any applicant. This is not a matter of missing documents and is in no way related to the number of times an individual may have been able to obtain visas or enter the U.S. in the past. If your case is “Pending Process”, please DO NOT contact the Consulate or you may risk delaying the administrative processing of your visa.
“Contact Consulate”: Your case has been processed and the Consulate needs additional information from you to process the case to completion.

other members can also give their input to this...

Hi njugunuts, good to here u r doing well catchingup, how is the culture shork coming along??anyway tell me something i also applied for my family and by bad luck we lost the confirmation details.according the the 2012 Dv rules they shall not be sending mails like they have always done.how and what can i do to check their status whether they worn or not???all in all i wish you the best.my journey starts in five weeks times so i gat some time to windup and also resign from my work.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Positive
Interview Confirmed: March
Police cert:positive
2nd NL:positive
Visa: Issued March
Medicals: Done

hi guys, my visa was delivered today by the courier service. Its been a long journey and i thank God for seeing me through. I wish everyone else waiting for an interview the best.

Hey people.. dv2012 results voided...

Dv-2012 website status check
**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q: Do I have to submit a new application?

No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q: Will you open a new entry period?

New entries will not be accepted.

Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?

Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?

The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?

We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.

This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.

July cut off is 57,600 hopefully they will be able to handle a big number for the interview this year. All the best for those who are now current among them @Olyn and @Franc and those who are still waiting as we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olyn, you are finally current. Wish you all the best in your preparations. To all those current in this month I wish you God's blessing, victory is yours in Jesus name.
For those in waiting, your time is surely coming. Just hold on.

Patem,
How true is the post regarding cancellation of the 2012 DV results? I checked for friends i had applied for in the first week of May and they had not won. Do i check again?

mamaizoo, Iam back, things are happening so first. have you gone there mamizoo?
I have been away, to UG on official duties.
I can see Iam current in july! God help.
Wish everyone else luck.

Olyn, you are finally current. Wish you all the best in your preparations. To all those current in this month I wish you God's blessing, victory is yours in Jesus name.
For those in waiting, your time is surely coming. Just hold on.

thanx so much mamaizoo.

July cut off is 57,600 hopefully they will be able to handle a big number for the interview this year. All the best for those who are now current among them @Olyn and @Franc and those who are still waiting as we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanx wanjeri...its true this year things seems to be moving a little faster so i hope and pray that everyone will be able to process his/her visa by the close of the period.

I wish all the best for those who are attending for interviews this month including myself. I believe that we shall make it in Jesus name. Amen. please remember us in your prayers.

with 57XXX being current by july,will case 87XXX be current anytime or we might be locked out?.

Hi Nellimah2,

Notice my CN is as high as yours! 89xxx! Dont worry, I was also as worried as you are now but after a while I got convinced that I'll have my day at the embassy - probably on Sept. We might be going to the embassy in the week, even the same day!