• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@becks should also look at the rquirements for the affidavit of support(AOS) which gives provisions that one should not be a burden to the USA GOVERMENT. Please look at this quotation forom a member who had posted it earlier in this forum and I it worthy looking at . "Though affidavit of support does not form part of the initial requirement for the granting of visa for the dv lottery programme, the interviewing officer at the US consulate could ask you to establish that you may not become a public charge once you enter the US. For the benefit of forumers, here is the Public Charge Provision:

Public Charge Provisions

An applicant for a diversity immigrant visa is not required to file an affidavit of support on form I-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

An applicant for a diversity immigrant visa may generally satisfy the requirement of the law by the presentation of documentary evidence establishing that:

1. the applicant has, or will have in the U.S. personal funds sufficient to provide support for the applicant and dependent family members, if any, or sufficient to provide support until suitable employment is located;
2. the applicant has arranged employment in the U.S. that will provide an adequate income for the applicant and dependent family members;
3. relatives or friends in the U.S. will assure the applicant's support; or
4. a combination of the above circumstances

Otherwise in this forum we are all brothers and sisters and we are working to try and inform one another as much as possible and we should not get tired to do so. @Scarnam your attachment was also helpfull to not only becks but also other members of this forum.We wish @becks success as we also wait to face the consular in the last lot. Those who have gone for the interview should also keep us informed. What is shared in this forum gives members confidence and helps them to prepare for the interview.

my2011dv; All second letters are like this. So I do not think the purpose of this letter is detailing the documents you will need at your interview but keeping you informed about the venue and time. As explained in this forum, the documents you will need are explained at step 4 on dvselectee.sate.gov at this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html and I think that you have just to use actively this forum and you will find every response to every single question you have. Good luck.

@my2011dv
Just to let u know, been reading posts from as far as 2008 and some 2nd letters do list the documents required, i do know abt step 4 and like everybody else, am informing the group of my progress, i dont think i asked any question. Please guys, can we be a bit nice coz i find this harsh. If someone asks a question, its not that they havent read the posts earlier but anxiety and confusion makes u want to dig more and to be sure!!!

Hi becks I have been absent but I find that you have been somehow aggressive towards me since I have reported what I have been told. You see becks, things keep changing in dvlottery program for example for the people who have done the recent application will not be notified by the first letter but will only be sent the second letter only so may be now they have changed the way the second letter is presented and it is different from the one of 2008. So you should feel I can never be harsh towards you or anyone using this forum in order to mislead you because I am grateful to this forum and to everyone because it helped me so much and I want to help too.
So becks feel relaxed, go on preparing and I hope it will be ok, wish u all the best.

Any one who has done medicals at io
m nairobi recently, did you collect
the results in person or were they sent to the Embassy
directly?

Any one who has done medicals at io
m nairobi recently, did you collect
the results in person or were they sent to the Embassy
directly?

Collect in person the day after.

@ my 2011dv, becks etc.... And all this passive-aggresive business needs to end. We have no time for it. Let the questions keep flowing. That's what this thread is for. Anyone with questions keep asking but let's avoid repetitive questions.

New procedure at iom.medical results are sent direct to embassy.u nly collect X ray vaccination card.

Changes in IOM procedure

@ my 2011: Thanks for updating us on the changes in the IOM procedure. I think it's good that they send the report, one less thing to carry on interview day.

All the best to those with upcoming interviews.

hi every1,
Am glad ur all doing fine am doing gud 2 happy tht u r keeping the forum alive.i recently sent my xperience at port of entry bt did nt go through ok.
i traveld by british airways through iom.got at the JKIA nairobi at 7pm coz i hd to get there early to avoid jam.my laggage gt weigh then proceded(make sure u knw the weight of ur lagage to avoid disapointment having to leave some lagage behind.we shwd our passports n proceded to waiting room 11pm come n we were off to london.(its conecting flight to dallas forth worth).gt in london next morning around 6am.the conectin flight was to leave at 11am.
I had to wait for around five hrs at the airport.during ths time 1 has to be extra care ful to avoid being left by the conecting flight.there is a digital board showing whn ur flight is due so u keep checking thy r all over the airport.dont sleep if u r alone dont leave ur document to a stranger.
the time came n after a long journy off almost 8-12hrs we were at dalas forth worth airport.filled a form concerning lagauge wat i was caryin thn proceded to imigration line.the yellow envelope was teared thentaken to another point where i sat n waited i was called(thy hd my passport).gave out my finger print a photo was taken gave out two paasort size photos(whch was given bak at embassy).then was told to proced to laugage pickin area(down stairs underground).
after i was given my mzigo went to be cheked thorough checking so dont carry complicated thing they open all u have if medicine have prescription for it(stayed for an hr in line).finally wat a long journey i was done.

now i am three weeks old adapted kidogo but stl catching up with the culture.preparing for driving test 2 b given a licence.all my document came the ssn and greencard am also loking out for some work so busy guys learning all the time.i wish u all the best njugunuts,my2011dv as u prepare to come,@mydv2011 n the rest due 4 interview wish u best of luck u will make it jst put God before everything u do.@mamaizoo,olyn,wanjeri soon ul b curent.@new members keep it u.

Thanks Magkin for the updates, wish you well in all that you do. Let us know about the driving test also and all that it entails. All the best.

Hi everyone.
@magkin, I see it is really going well. So what if you have no driving licence and you are a beginner in driving, is it expensive?

GUYZ MY 2ND LETTER HAS JUST ARRIVED BUT AS IWAS GOING THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELECTEES AT THE DV WEBSITE IFOUND THESE
:Applicants whose 21st birthday is before the appointment date should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where the interview will occur to request an earlier appointment. Failure to receive a visa before the applicant's 21st birthday may make the applicant ineligible for an immigrant visa at this time. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THESE TO ME COZ IHAVE REACHED 21 YEARS THESE MONTH AND MY INTERVIEW IS NEXT MONTH.
CASE NO:AF201100033,,,

GUYZ MY 2ND LETTER HAS JUST ARRIVED BUT AS IWAS GOING THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELECTEES AT THE DV WEBSITE IFOUND THESE
:Applicants whose 21st birthday is before the appointment date should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where the interview will occur to request an earlier appointment. Failure to receive a visa before the applicant's 21st birthday may make the applicant ineligible for an immigrant visa at this time. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THESE TO ME COZ IHAVE REACHED 21 YEARS THESE MONTH AND MY INTERVIEW IS NEXT MONTH.
CASE NO:AF201100033,,,

Ngugi! Relaaaaax!!,

That section has nothing to do with you!....it's meant for a DV selectee who has an unmarried dependent (child) who turns 21 before the date of interview! People are required to submit DV entry with children under the age 21. Sometimes it so happens that some applicant's children may be 19 or 20 during the date of DV entry, and by the time they get to embassy for visa interview, they are 21 and so no longer qualify to be a derivative of the selectee. So to avoid this situation whereby a DV principle applicant is forced to leave behind a dependent because he/she is no longer a child, KCC can choose to expedite the process so that the selectee and his family could have an opportunity to be issued with visas before the child turns 21.

From what you've posted, this situation does not apply to you. Going by your age, I believe you are single and dont have a 19 or 20 year old dependent?!?! Relaaax boss! Wewe ushafika majuu!

Ngugi! Relaaaaax!!,

That section has nothing to do with you!....it's meant for a DV selectee who has an unmarried dependent (child) who turns 21 before the date of interview! People are required to submit DV entry with children under the age 21. Sometimes it so happens that some applicant's children may be 19 or 20 during the date of DV entry, and by the time they get to embassy for visa interview, they are 21 and so no longer qualify to be a derivative of the selectee. So to avoid this situation whereby a DV principle applicant is forced to leave behind a dependent because he/she is no longer a child, KCC can choose to expedite the process so that the selectee and his family could have an opportunity to be issued with visas before the child turns 21.

From what you've posted, this situation does not apply to you. Going by your age, I believe you are single and dont have a 19 or 20 year old dependent?!?! Relaaax boss! Wewe ushafika majuu!

Very true Scarnam. Ngugi, relax and all the best in your interview plans.

@Magkin that brief was enlightening and especially the time lapse for processing and receiving the SSN and the green-card, its also good to know that one has to be careful on the weight of the luggage. Seemingly the forum is a bit quiet and the guys going for interview have not briefed this house on their experiences but that bit of change of handling MEDICAL REPORTS is very informative.So those who are on the other end keep us informed on the good side and also the challenges of settling down it helps in building the confidence of those who are on the waiting list.