• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Interview Xperience
About medical experience, just see njugunuts' post and just go to IOM(the one next to Georges Williamson House plese), receive an appointment and everything will be quite well unless your chest xray is not well or you have syphillis. You wiill not exceed 283$, you will even pay less if you have some vaccination records(please see njugunuts' post).

Interview Xperience

I went to submit all my paperwork and then returned to the interview the following day.
Make sure you have just been graduated at High School and passed KCSE(with minimum of D plain to every subject but the final say will be the consular officer's).
Then you pay(819$), give your fingerprints and then take a chair and wait.
After some time I heard my name being called to the window.

Consular officer(CO): Good morning.
Me:Good morning madam.
CO: Can you take an oath and promise you will just say the truth?
Me:Yes Madam I promise I will say the truth.
CO:How do you know your sponsor?
Me:Responded.
CO:What is your occupation now?
Me:Told her.
CO:What do you want to do in USA?
Me:Told her but I told her.
CO:Come back at 2PM to take your visa.
Me:Thank you very much madam(while celebrating).
CO:You are welcome.

My advice:Put everything in order and have all the documents.
If you have your diplomas and you have scored well then you are OK.
Do not lie please!
God is with you and the consular officer knows you are looking for something
special so she will not complicate you.

When I picked my visa I was only upset by the security guys who told me niwanunuliye some soda na tea(chai) like njugunuts!

Then good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
@njugunuts
I will tell you when I travel and hope I will see you in USA(won't miss you like in Nairobi) and just hope you are arranging everything you can to travel in safety.
I think magkin will just tell us his experience but you have been in US before right?
Wish u all the best.

Thats grate my2011dv, congrats.
For thuo all has been said.
Mamaizoo I too pray you be current in june, which is not bad.
just start putting everything inorder.
I don't know if we have any pple current soon., we trust and pray with them.

I have an issue with my 'O' level certificates and all my other academic certificates because all my first names have used intials except the surname. For Example 'T.W. K. Mwanamwega'. Will this be a problem during the interview or something needs to be done about it. This will help me in the course of my preparations. God bless.

I have an issue with my 'O' level certificates and all my other academic certificates because all my first names have used intials except the surname. For Example 'T.W. K. Mwanamwega'. Will this be a problem during the interview or something needs to be done about it. This will help me in the course of my preparations. God bless.

There is anything to complain about here in my view, you are OK.

God is great!!!!!

To all the house members, God has been faithful and good to us.We did our interview in Nepal (Asia) and we the visas as I write this,all the glory be to God.One question though:

1:What is the two stars in front of annotation part means
2:What is the one star in front of annotation part means?

Is there any cause to make us worried? pls all your answers are appreciated especially those with experience and those already in the US.

luckylovely

hallo people, i called the medicals place in london and was told that i can only have my medicals after i produce a police report...ooh well, i sent the documents to the police today and i expext them in 2 wks.

hi guys, my 2nd letter is here and am so happy. But it doesnt have a list of the required stuff, not even 1. They just say that i proceed to step 4 in the dvselectee site.

@becks

That's how mine is too. Just date, time n place of interview.

just go to the website travel.state.gov.Step 4 will give you a detailed list of all the required documentation and also some insights on interview preparation.

With all the information you have learnt on this forum I think you have a good idea of what is needed.

Finally booked my flight, leaving at the end of April. Booked online at Qatar Airways and it was cheaper than what IOM was offering so for those of you with a Visa Card, shop around before you commit to the IOM price. Qatar is currently having a sale of 15% off on tickets from Nairobi. This sale is on till 31st March and the flights have to be used by 30th April. Cost me 68k as opposed to IOM's quote of 74k.

All the best becks and my2011. Keep us posted.

hi guys, my 2nd letter is here and am so happy. But it doesnt have a list of the required stuff, not even 1. They just say that i proceed to step 4 in the dvselectee site.

All second letters are like this. So I do not think the purpose of this letter is detailing the documents you will need at your interview but keeping you informed about the venue and time. As explained in this forum, the documents you will need are explained at step 4 on dvselectee.sate.gov at this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html and I think that you have just to use actively this forum and you will find every response to every single question you have. Good luck.

@ njugunuts I agree with you cause I have also booked and saved not less than 150 USD by ignoring IOM!!!

@ njugunuts I agree with you cause I have also booked and saved not less than 150 USD by ignoring IOM!!!

I see you're entering through Dallas. Who did you book with finally and how much did it cost you? My ticket is to Washington. I'm asking this for the benefit of those behind us and yet to book their tickets.

I see you're entering through Dallas. Who did you book with finally and how much did it cost you? My ticket is to Washington. I'm asking this for the benefit of those behind us and yet to book their tickets.

I booked with expedia and it costed 1067 USD. You can surf on http://www.expedia.com, http://www.easydreams.com,...and find some interesting offers but tickets now are getting more expensive because holidays are approaching. You will find that going to New York and Dallas is almost the same price(difference of only some dollars).

my2011dv; All second letters are like this. So I do not think the purpose of this letter is detailing the documents you will need at your interview but keeping you informed about the venue and time. As explained in this forum, the documents you will need are explained at step 4 on dvselectee.sate.gov at this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html and I think that you have just to use actively this forum and you will find every response to every single question you have. Good luck.

@my2011dv
Just to let u know, been reading posts from as far as 2008 and some 2nd letters do list the documents required, i do know abt step 4 and like everybody else, am informing the group of my progress, i dont think i asked any question. Please guys, can we be a bit nice coz i find this harsh. If someone asks a question, its not that they havent read the posts earlier but anxiety and confusion makes u want to dig more and to be sure!!!

my2011dv; All second letters are like this. So I do not think the purpose of this letter is detailing the documents you will need at your interview but keeping you informed about the venue and time. As explained in this forum, the documents you will need are explained at step 4 on dvselectee.sate.gov at this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html and I think that you have just to use actively this forum and you will find every response to every single question you have. Good luck.

@my2011dv
Just to let u know, been reading posts from as far as 2008 and some 2nd letters do list the documents required, i do know abt step 4 and like everybody else, am informing the group of my progress, i dont think i asked any question. Please guys, can we be a bit nice coz i find this harsh. If someone asks a question, its not that they havent read the posts earlier but anxiety and confusion makes u want to dig more and to be sure!!!

Hi Becks,

Am sure guys don't mean to be harsh/mean. Nonetheless, I have attached of a copy of 2nd NL that a selectee received from KCC and posted on another thread in this forum. I hope this helps.

Hi Becks,

Am sure guys don't mean to be harsh/mean. Nonetheless, I have attached of a copy of 2nd NL that a selectee received from KCC and posted on another thread in this forum. I hope this helps.

thanks scarnam, we need people like u who try to help however stupid the question sounds or even if it is a repetition. Anyway, enough of this, lets move on. The second pdf, did it come with the 2nd letter or was it sent later?

thanks scarnam, we need people like u who try to help however stupid the question sounds or even if it is a repetition. Anyway, enough of this, lets move on. The second pdf, did it come with the 2nd letter or was it sent later?

Becks,

Sorry if I mislead you, pg1 is a sample of 2nd NL for DV 2011, while pg2 is an additional page that KCC used to send to selectees in previous DV years - they changed that in DV 2011, now they just direct people to the website for the list of necessary documents. Nonetheless, the list hasn't changed, pg2 still provides you with a clear picture of what the embassy expects from you.