• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hey guys?
How is it going around?
Everything is going the good way on my side.
Can someone tell me about the medical exams:
Before how many days can one book an appointment?
The results are picked after how many days?
How much money one has to pay(how much money one cannot go beyond)?, ...
Thanks in advance.

my2011dv

There are only 2 doctors in Kenya that are authorized to do the check-up for the embassy - 1 in Nrb and 1 in Msa, see them below. Medical check costs Ksh22,000 per adult, while for a child is Ksh30,400, though the child's fee could go down depending on the vaccinations the child has had so far. I'm meant to understand that if you state that you've had Chicken pox before, it might save you Ksh4500. For families with children can only book for check-up appointment on the following days of the week - Mon, Tue and Friday. Results are back in 1 week for an applicant with a child; but for an applicant with no child, it takes 2-3 days. When booking, you are required to send an email to nbomed@iom.int specifying the principle applicant's case number, full name and date of birth. Then specify all dependents' full names and their date of birth. I got this info by calling IOM, see the contacts below.

In NAIROBI is
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)
P.O BOX 55040-00200
4TH Ngong Avenue
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 2720061/2

In MOMBASA is
Dr. C. B. Patel
City House, Moi Avenue
Mombasa Medical Practice
P. O. Box 80681
Mombasa, Kenya
Tel 041-2222857/8

Hey guys a friend of mine is about to go for the interview. But is worried about the education requirements.She had a mean grade of C+,passed in english ,chemistry,biology and others;so she had 5 passes but failed in Maths.Does she qualify according 2 education?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys a friend of mine is about to go for the interview. But is worried about the education requirements.She had a mean grade of C+,passed in english ,chemistry,biology and others;so she had 5 passes but failed in Maths.Does she qualify according 2 education?

I suggest you email the Nairobi Embassy and seek clarification on this. I can only remember the consular officer talking about a minimum grade and C+ is above that. Not sure about individual subjects though the Ghana and Nigerian threads say something about English and Math. Any other forumites know the answer to this?

Embassy email address is: ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov. You can let us know what they say for future reference.

I Ghana and Nigeria, you are not qualified if you failed maths. But i don't know about kenya. So can email the embassy and find out.

hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about DS230.
1. will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. in her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature
thank you as i need urgent advice concerning these questions

hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about DS230.
1. will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. in her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature
thank you as i need urgent advice concerning these questions

1. Either of you can fill, but if you fill for her there's a part at the end of the form that asks "Did you have any help filling in this form" you'll enter your name here.
2. She's the applicant, you're the petitioner.
3. She will sign.

Please don't repost the same question across many forums, especially those with high traffic like Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria. Pick one and stay with it, don't spam.

What of those who qualify thro work experience. do the still needs maths or english... etc.
Iam not quiet sure, but I know of a friend who qualified in kenya without maths( but had work experience too).
it also depends with individual and time changes too. so the best thing Maju is to find out from the embassy.

Helo Kenya God bless u, God bless us all. God bless Africa.God bless America, the great nation. In God we trust .

Hello.
Thanks for Njugunuts and Scarnam.
Scarnam, your post was very helping and I think that now I a am given the go-ahead for the medicals.
I hope I will be helping others in some days after my experience in 1 week and a half.

I saw a comlete report by Njugunuts, quite complete.
But, njugunuts(or other), what is a D plain, I have got distinction on my State Diploma(like KSCE) and my simple diploma as well but I do not have the details of my grade in any course(like Maths or English).
What do you think about it?

@ my2011dv, I'm curious what country you're from/ were examined in. Interesting that the diploma doesn't give details of what subjects you were examined in and what grades you achieved in each subject e.g Pass, Distinction, Credit, Fail or no points based system e.g 1 point, 2 points etc?

The DV lottery educational requirements are that you have done at least 12 years of schooling with evidence of the same. I think if your state diploma was issued at the end of 12 years of schooling, you are well qualified, especially as it was a distinction.

And a D+ is way below a distinction so you're fine.

@njugunuts.
Hello njugunuts, that's the case, our diploma gives the subjects you have been examined in but gives no details for each subject! But I have got distinction and yes it is after 12 years. Now I am in 3rd year in University.
Thanks.

For all those current in Feb my prayers are with you. May God's favour be upon you, may His face shine upon you, May He look towards you and give you His Peace. And victory too in Jesus' name.
God bless you all.

hi scarnam which medical results can disqualify somebody from DV?

hi, ur case number is near mine, looks like we will be current in may. I dont think u can be disqualified on medicals if uu go to the designated doctors. iom i shud think in nairobi

hallo pple, wud someone please tell me if as a student i need to have my own statements as AOS or a letter from my host saying he will support me is enough. Also is there anyone who has had or is waiting to have an interview in london to please enlighten us?

hi scarnam which medical results can disqualify somebody from DV?

Falainwest
They used to test applicants for HIV because the US had a ban that stopped HIV+ immigrants from entering the country. But in January 2010, Obama lifted the ban and the new policy has eliminated HIV testing from the green card medical exam. And according to a Dept. of State memo that was made public, consulates and doctors have been instructed NOT to perform an HIV test, and to fill in “no longer required” in the HIV box in the Medical Examination Form (I-693). So I don't imagine there is a test that could disqualify an applicant, unless the applicant has been incapacitated by a terminal disease to a point that she/he is dependent on other people for survival and clearly would be a public charge to the US govt when granted greencard.

hallo pple, wud someone please tell me if as a student i need to have my own statements as AOS or a letter from my host saying he will support me is enough. Also is there anyone who has had or is waiting to have an interview in london to please enlighten us?

Becks,

Check out Ghanaians forums for DV2011 and DV2010 winners. I remember reading about some applicants' experiences living & studying in London. You should also consider posing your questions on their forums, try out Nigerians also. They are rich on experience on this.