• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@becks

From experiences from ghanian threads it seems foreign residents of uk are asked for evidence of finances and most show own statements. But as a student the option of a US LPR sponsor would be more desirable.check experiences of ammeck, sister_mai, donkay in the ghana 2010/2011 threads

@becks

From experiences from ghanian threads it seems foreign residents of uk are asked for evidence of finances and most show own statements. But as a student the option of a US LPR sponsor would be more desirable.check experiences of ammeck, sister_mai, donkay in the ghana 2010/2011 threads

thanks pple,

Cut off numbers for April is here

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 35,450 Except: Egypt 27,600

ASIA 19,250 Ethiopia 22,150

EUROPE 23,200 Nigeria 14,100

N. AMERICA 8 Except: Bangladesh 18,350

OCEANIA 1,000

S. AMERICA 1,075

hey peeps jus want to wish evri1 luck thru their process jus sm 1 or 2 thingz to note about

Medicals expire after 6 months from the time taken.....so you can think you will go on the last week of your visa expiration date only to be required to do the whole medicals again...

Make sure you get a drivers license before you get out of Kenya it will save you alot of time and money

Keep lookin at the visa bulletin wen you see your number is current drop KCC a mail and ask them wen is your interview date ...Rem wen you get the appointment you can go with it to the medicals and the interview too

Book your ticket at IOM westy two weeks before departure it is way cheaper i paid 57k to Boston

Laters guys

From the experience i have had during my visa interview i was told by the us consular and i also read it from the Ivorian embassy web-site that to win the dv lottery through the education status. You have to get at least 5 credits in your results; so i dnt think they cgeck the subjectes. All they need is at least 5 credits, with the correct papers and u are gone.
I wish your friend all the best.

Forum guys, If one gets a letter of support from the person you are going to stay with in the us does one need a sponsors bank statement locally and if so of around how much? I need an asnswer good people

Hi Guys good to see the forum on fire,for the new guys you are most welcome feel free to share and ask all the questions you feel like.i have bin off briefly i took my leave from work just to concetrate on my soon coming interview this week.As i had posted earlier my two guys went for the interviews respectively one of them was reffered back for going without KCSE Cert,the other one got his Visa on wednesday.This week is my week guys need your love and support.Will keep you posted.Godbless.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Oct 2010
Interview Confirmed: Feb 2011
Police cert:applied : 20 Jan 2011
2nd NL: Arrived 6, Jan 2011
Medicals: Completed 20Jan 2011
Police Cert Picked 8feb 2011

@ wanjeri

By earlier experiences(both 2010,2011), A letter of support will be enough if the person is a LPR of the US. U may not need it though.

@menjo

All the best.we await your sucess.

@menjo

Hi menjo.
Hope it will be good like it has been good for others and I think we will have joy together as I will face the interview in this month too.
Let us hope.
All the best for all of you guyys including njugunuts, my2011, scarnam,becks,trixsam,debelloh,...

hi every1 am glad we hav more new people 2 keep the forum runin.i realy thank God 4 bein geat 2 me in preparations.i will be in nai on monday 4 final touchez b4 departure.@ trixam can u plz brief me hw it was at port of entry.@ olyn wat hapend?@ menjo my2011dv,n others due 4 interview am realy prayin 4 u guys that u will sucessd.bcoz Gods timing is the best.@ njugunuts il keep in touch whn i get there.@ kamauz u r so quet i believ things wil work ur way all the best guys.

Make sure you get a drivers license before you get out of Kenya it will save you alot of time and money

Book your ticket at IOM westy two weeks before departure it is way cheaper i paid 57k to Boston

Trixsam, good to see you are now in Obama land, wish you all the best. I have read in this thread that a kenya driving license doesn't help much, how was it of assistance to you?
Will be landing in Quincy MA if all goes well so pliz don't mind when i keep checking on you to inquire about this or that. I guess 57k to Boston was really cheap. Thanks for your contributions and keep us posted about life there.

To Menjo, My2011dv,

I wish you God's very best in your interview. You will come out successfully in Jesus' name.

So I don't imagine there is a test that could disqualify an applicant.....

Actually, if you have TB or syphilis, you have to get treated and re-tested before you can go for the interview. Seeing as the average treatment time for TB is about 8 months (including re-screening),this could spell doom for the applicant. Syphilis takes about 6 weeks(including re-screening) so as long as one is not current in the last 2 months, they might make it.

Trixsam,....I have read in this thread that a kenya driving license doesn't help much, how was it of assistance to you?

I think it depends on the state coz in the State I'm going to, if you have a foreign DL, you don't have to take lessons and only do a vision and road skills test. If you don't, you have to take lessons (=spend more money), then still do the vision and road skills test.

@ Menjo, my2011dv and all those with upcoming interviews, may the peace of God be with you. Here's praying that all goes well in your interviews.

Ngugunut you are right.
The driving licence depends on state one is going.
But if one wishes, an international driving licence can be obtained at AAR, then when you go, you just take vision and road test.
Trixsam is right! The drivivg licence is important for same I mean.
My cousin got one immidiately when he went to Georgia, togather with a friend ,they bought a pick-up and the do light transport
after their part time jobs.They are okey!
Menjo, my2011dv I wish you all the best.
magkin, something happens that I didnot turn up, but will call you and tell you how we can get intouch.
wish you the best as you prepare. God is in control.
Mamaizoo, njugunut, hope things are in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator: