• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

if someone in AP gets call from the embassy to go there at 2.30 pm he or she will get visa. If it is in the morning then it is almost sure that he or she will not get visa.

@all:today evening kashem phoned me and told me that embassy called him afternoon and said that they had detected wrong birth day regarding his case.in the morning he was given another blue sheet remarking"invalid online entry."so it's not a matter of tense for us if our submitted documents are all authentic.

Do you mean there is a mismatch between his date of birth in the birth certificate and online entry? If so, he can't really blame the embassy. However, he should contact American Center to find a possible way, so that his case may be re-considered.

@all:today evening kashem phoned me and told me that embassy called him afternoon and said that they had detected wrong birth day regarding his case.in the morning he was given another blue sheet remarking"invalid online entry."so it's not a matter of tense for us if our submitted documents are all authentic.

@all:can anybody help?embassy says fashem's month of birth is november but his ssc certificate's month of birth is december though date and year are ok.it may be at the time of antry operator made a mistake.what's the possibility of his getting visa if he appeals?pls help if u know any good immigration lawyer.

@all:can anybody help?embassy says fashem's month of birth is november but his ssc certificate's month of birth is december though date and year are ok.it may be at the time of antry operator made a mistake.what's the possibility of his getting visa if he appeals?pls help if u know any good immigration lawyer.

I think it is a big mistake and CO is right about invalid online entry. I think nothing can be done at this stage but he can try by filing an appeal case against the refusal. But this type of mistake is detected at the interview level. I don't understand why he was placed under AP ? Is there any alteration on certificate or on any documents which is detected in administrative review?

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional inquiry is very common in DV case. Just wait. I faced interview in last of Dec,2010. All papers were OK. CO did not asked any think. Gave a blue sheet "Additional processing" No inquiry made by embassy. Gave visa after 4 months. So relax.

if someone in AP gets call from the embassy to go there at 2.30 pm he or she will get visa. If it is in the morning then it is almost sure that he or she will not get visa.
It is almost true for most of the cases. I was called at 2:30Pm Got visa & everybody got visa in that time.

Hello everyone, now I'm in NY. The journey was not good enough for me. Anyways, how long have you been?

@Zahidal bro: Do I have to claim for my SSN in person Or they will send it via mail? If they do then how long it will take (I heard 15days at least)? I'm worried about it, some says better contact with them and collect the SSN early. Will it do? What should I do? Another thing, I'm going to visit Canada tomorrow, do you think without GC they will allow me to enter with USA visa? Oh, main thing ... about job, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for being with us!

@Nahel: Thank GOD you found someone who got visa after a long AP. I wish you all the very best and get the visa soon! May Allah (SWT) be with you. Keep faith on him.

Tania

Welcome to the land of opportunity !!!

Let me tell you how the "SSN Process" works. When someone get in USA the POE sends the information to local SSN office based on the destination someone provides in the forms. Local SSN office gets the info from POE in 1 to 14 days but usually it takes couple of days. Then you need to go to your local SSN office to apply for SSN and after you apply it takes at best 14 days (usually 5/7 days). You don't need to worry about it, its a very simple process and there is nothing wrong if you get it a bit late. When you are going to local SSN office take your passport with you.

Regarding your visit to Canada I don't see any problem if your visa is not expired. As long as you have valid visa to come USA you should be fine.

I am not sure but I think you are IT professional. If so you will need some preparation before jumping into the job market for interviews. Take your time, prepare yourself and then start hunting for job. I will try my best to help you. In USA at first you will feel tough to get a job but believe me its very much possible. If you want you can send me your resume. If you want my email address and/or cell number send me a private message using this forum I will reply.

@RajuYakub: did you receive my email? As you didn't reply my email I am not sure if my email went to the right person or not.

Thanks

Tania

Welcome to the land of opportunity !!!

Let me tell you how the "SSN Process" works. When someone get in USA the POE sends the information to local SSN office based on the destination someone provides in the forms. Local SSN office gets the info from POE in 1 to 14 days but usually it takes couple of days. Then you need to go to your local SSN office to apply for SSN and after you apply it takes at best 14 days (usually 5/7 days). You don't need to worry about it, its a very simple process and there is nothing wrong if you get it a bit late. When you are going to local SSN office take your passport with you.

Regarding your visit to Canada I don't see any problem if your visa is not expired. As long as you have valid visa to come USA you should be fine.

I am not sure but I think you are IT professional. If so you will need some preparation before jumping into the job market for interviews. Take your time, prepare yourself and then start hunting for job. I will try my best to help you. In USA at first you will feel tough to get a job but believe me its very much possible. If you want you can send me your resume. If you want my email address and/or cell number send me a private message using this forum I will reply.

@RajuYakub: did you receive my email? As you didn't reply my email I am not sure if my email went to the right person or not.

Thanks

Thank you so much. Pretty informative post. I will contact you after getting back from CA, please leave me a message with your cell number and email so that I can contact with you. Have a nice weekend. :)

Sent you a message. Have a nice trip...

Thank you so much. Pretty informative post. I will contact you after getting back from CA, please leave me a message with your cell number and email so that I can contact with you. Have a nice weekend. :)

zahidal bhai

I am planning to go brooklyn on 5th August. working in here in a lrgest IT company. Will appreciate if you give me you mail ID or Cell phone number

@shafiq,tasfia,kabir,what's about ur case?i think i m the only person in this forum waiting lenthiest time after interview!!!!!!!already six month gone.no sign....!!!!!!!