• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Thank you very much, Nightingle:)

Sifu,

Firstly marriage certificates in Bangladesh dont need to be notarized nor it needs attestation from minintry of Law or foreign affairs. Simply the embassy demands the bangla and english copy Nikahnama and a marriage certificate issued from the Kazi office. This certificate has a standard version . You just provide them all the names, addresses in English , they will do it. In my case , they took 1 week to provide me the documents. I provided them the original version ( of 1975) of nikahnama. They verified it from the original Balam Book. For 1 package ( bangla, english nikahnama and a marr. cer) they may took 1 to 3 thousand taka. Its a matter of bargain.

Secondly, if you have mistakes in name, age, parents name in the original nikahnama, you may do correction. They may require an applicationn for that. In Bangladesh , the Kazis do a lot of mistakes in name spelling, age during the wedding ceremony. But you have to prepare all the documents with exact/similar spelling of education certificates/passport.

Thirdly, in my parents case, they didnt verified it from the Kazi office, as they were very old couple. But i heard from the Kazi of Moghbazar they , the embassy authority even verify the Balam book for the authenticity of marriage by sending representatives to the kazi office. In that case, if you correct the name, age with an application( even after getting the interview date, no problem) , they normally accept it. Without application, making correcton in Balam book, they become suspicous.

Hello Everyone

I'm afraid that will the DV case being rejected because of underweight? If anybody confronted these kinda experience ever, please share with us in details! I heard The blue sheet contains underweight cause as well.

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum. I am in a complicated situation. I don't know my case number. Because, I have not received any selectee letter yet. Probably lost somewhere :-( I have sent DSP-122 and photographs. I praying so that my 2nd NL does not get lost. As, I am staying in US, I am looking for adjusting status. I am calling and sending email to KCC in regular interval. But it seems that they are not willing to give the case number.

I am trying to avoid……..Questions? Confusions!! But............... I can’t.

Hallow every One,
Recently my office is relocated in another building. In DS230 form I mentioned old building addrs. In is this case should I need to collect any papers from office? Need any recommendation of NOC from office? Or any other?

Sharminlee,

your case is critical. How did u send your DS-230 and DSP-122 forms without case number? They need the number to process your case. The number needs to print in each page and the backside of photo. i think you should again immediately call to KCC to get some help. You can provide them the confirmation number of EDV to retrieve your case number .

I think ur case is being delayed due to not providing case number. However, keep trying to get it at any cost.

Nazdv,

Just forget about it. This is not a major issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nightingle. I sent the forms without case number. I called KCC before sending. They told me that they will accept document without case number.

I am trying to get case number by calling and e-mailing them regularly. But they are very reluctant to give me my case number.

Sharminlee,

your case is critical. How did u send your DS-230 and DSP-122 forms without case number? They need the number to process your case. The number needs to print in each page and the backside of photo. i think you should again immediately call to KCC to get some help. You can provide them the confirmation number of EDV to retrieve your case number .

I think ur case is being delayed due to not providing case number. However, keep trying to get it at any cost.

Nazdv,

Just forget about it. This is not a major issue.

I don't know my case number. Probably my NL is lost somewhere. As I know, "return service requested" is written on the NL envelop. Therefore, NL is supposed to return back to KCC, if undeliverable. Does anybody know, is there any way to track whether my NL is returned back to KCC?

Where u all ppl......any update.

Can any body help sharminlee?

Last edited by a moderator:
I discuss with a postmaster about ur situation. He suggest to me for tracking ur NL u have to go GPO, Gulistan, Dhaka. The authority of GPO obviously find the missing area, if they receive ur NL from KCC.

Best of Luck.

I don't know my case number. Probably my NL is lost somewhere. As I know, "return service requested" is written on the NL envelop. Therefore, NL is supposed to return back to KCC, if undeliverable. Does anybody know, is there any way to track whether my NL is returned back to KCC?

hi sharm i posted a reply in another tread.anyways urs and mine case is the same,i have asked my country post office and they told me
and wrote me an official letter that they have returned the letter to KCC and for the time being am waiting my case number to returned back to me
so i advice u to do same as i did.Good Luck

hello sabrina!!

hey sabrina congratulations.

I want to ask u some question, plz answer me when u hav some time...
1. Did u have any case review token?
2. did they call u? If they called u then could u plz share with us the phone conversation?
3. when they called u , I am asking about the time and date.
4. by which phone they called u? ( T&t, gp, bl, aktel, cotycell or something else)

plz share with us it will be helpful for us, congratulations again for ur success.

SPORSHO

Congratulatins, Sabrina.....Its a very good news indeed!!

We now look forward for the success of all applicants under Administrative processing................