• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Well, it seems like everyone getting their interview call randomly, and some of selectees didn't get their 2nd NL yet, since their CN is Current for this month. That's kind of puzzling! So, are we really going to receive the 2nd NL or we just have to wait to be current in the visa-bulletin and get us the Interview date over the phone?

Your cn will be current within next 2 months..So please join my Facebook DV-2011 winners group.... Please provide with your email id

Done interview and again confused

Taken my passport and all photo copy of my documents and original documents those returned me and said we will call u as soon as possible.
My interview was very simple. They said me only 4 questions.

1. Are you married?
2. Your age
3. Passed year of SSC HSC
4. If USA GOVT needs you for warring (militia) then you have to go. R u agree? I said yes. Then they gave me a forum and I signed it. (But jiboneo jhuddhe jamuna..jaan dibo to only nijher desher jonne).

It was only 4/5min interview. Gave a blue paper when they will call me that day I have to carry that token. They said u may go now for today. We will call u in time. I don’t knw what the hell is going on. confused confused confused

@mehedee, DMP will only verify the present address you've mentioned in your passport (the form where your wife applied for MRP). I was in your situation while i handed in my father's PCC. The police officer in DMP check the passport and noticed that his present address was outside of Bangladesh. Infact my father didn't have any address located in Dhaka. They refused to accept the application. I've tried several ways but unable to convenience them and returned back. however, within few weeks my father has endorsed the new address in Dhaka on his passport and sent me the photocopy and got the PCC within a week.

From my experience, i can tell you, pls mention DEF on your passport and submit the photocopy to DMP. Good luck :)

Hi Himaloy,
I see no problem in your case. As you are in the eligible age category for the military SSS (selective service system,) they may probably need to do some quick background and name check again. Otherwise, I am sure that u are safe and they will call you to give you your visa. Don't worry, just sit tight and wait for their call. Good luck.

Done interview and again confused

Taken my passport and all photo copy of my documents and original documents those returned me and said we will call u as soon as possible.
My interview was very simple. They said me only 4 questions.

1. Are you married?
2. Your age
3. Passed year of SSC HSC
4. If USA GOVT needs you for warring (militia) then you have to go. R u agree? I said yes. Then they gave me a forum and I signed it. (But jiboneo jhuddhe jamuna..jaan dibo to only nijher desher jonne).

It was only 4/5min interview. Gave a blue paper when they will call me that day I have to carry that token. They said u may go now for today. We will call u in time. I don’t knw what the hell is going on. confused confused confused

Well done, at least you have done with the hardest part. But the rest of us getting cold here! Wish you all the very very best!

thank u all....bt i m not sure what will b going on..
i m always with u and will b..dont wry if need any suggestion or experience about collecting documents or whatever i did i m available or will b try to reply as soon as possible..i will try my best.there is nothing to fear.

shirikaran vai said: Every successful PERSON has a painful story and every painful story has a successful ending. SO accept the pain and get ready for SUCCESS ! (i lik it)

thank u all....bt i m not sure what will b going on..
i m always with u and will b..dont wry if need any suggestion or experience about collecting documents or whatever i did i m available or will b try to reply as soon as possible..i will try my best.there is nothing to fear.

shirikaran vai said: Every successful PERSON has a painful story and every painful story has a successful ending. SO accept the pain and get ready for SUCCESS ! (i lik it)

Dear himaloy!
Don't worry! I think you will be a success! and it is true!
we need your important discussino. and we hope you will be continue at this forum.
Next Mr.Mehedee! we are waitting for a good news
I don't know what is witting for me:confused:

shirikaran is absolutely correct! :)
Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys!

I think I will be current in Feb-April-2011. And I want to show affidavite of support on my Interveiw. So, I want to know
1) Should I knock to my pititioner to give/sent me that affidavite of support Immideatly(in october,10)?
2) Should we attend at DV-2012 programe? espesially who are seleled for the DV-2011.

Please Replay

Congratulations Himaloy,

You gonna get it. Its very simple, they will do a background check. A young muslim man of Bangladesh cannt get a visa without background check in Bangladesh. Hope it will end very soon.

Regarding PCC: Background story:
PCC is given on the basis of present address of course, but it includes all the addresses u resided in Bangladesh for the past decade. This is because,

When u do a crime anywhere in Bangladesh, a warrant will be issued. It will go to ur permanent address. If not found , it will then go to the present address. The local police office obviously knows all the past criminal history of a person. It is not like that, i did a crime in chittagong and Mirpur police station doesnt know about it. They will certainly know about it. Thus PCC from local PS in Bangladesh includes all the places in Bangladesh u resided.

Himaloy don't worry man.

I have a request.....could u please explain the whole steps...like u started standing at line from what time?

then what security check....then which counter.....how long took in line...i mean whole steps....

please reply as soon as possible.....

Hello Nightingle!
Thank you very much for your valuable information. I have another problem. My interview date is on 6-Oct but my police clearance delivery date is 7-Oct. Now I am in much tension. What I wll say at the interview?

Please help me.
Sabrina

Hi sabrina,
what is your update? please come on!

Hello Everybody!!!

Hello Nightingle

At first, I am sorry that I couldn't write in this forum regularly. I was so busy.

I was interviewed yesterday 06 october 10.
I was asked the following questions:

1. Your name?
2. Age?
3. Your highest educational qualification?
4. Where are you doing job now? from when?
5. How many brothers and sisters do u have? Are any of your brother or sister married? who?

Then they back my original documents, kept the photocopies, also kept my passport and gave me a blue page where marking in a box written the following:

Section 221(g) which prohibit the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of Immigration and Nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto.
The following remarks apply in your case:

ADDITIONAL PROCESSING
WE WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE THE RESULT

And took my cell number. They told me, we will contact you over phone.

Now, what can I do? when they will call me? they didnt give me any date.

Please give me suggestion. Is there any possibility of visa? If no, what could be the reason?

Best wishes for kabir007, rony1985, zahidal, ttania, mehedee and others.

Sabrina

Dear Sabrina,
You earlier mentioned that your police clearance was due for October 7 while ur interview was on October 6. Does this mean u were interviewed without ur police clearance?

Sabrina,

You are also almost thru ... Congratulations !!! In most of the cases (specially for DV, family based GC) US Embassy does it. Visa rejection under section 221(g) is not actually 'rejection'. It is visa ineligibility. It means the consular is unable to determine the outcome of the visa application at that time. Thats why they are going to do more varification / admisitrative kind of things (name check is one of them). It will take some time (2-3 days to 3/4 months). Hope for the best and pray to almighty Allah.

Thanks

Dear Labora!

I got my PCC on 5th Oct. My police verification done early and I went to the PHQ and request them to deliver PCC. I showed them my 2nd letter. Thanks God! As the verification done, they deliver my PCC.

Thanks.
Sabrina

Dear Sabrina,
You earlier mentioned that your police clearance was due for October 7 while ur interview was on October 6. Does this mean u were interviewed without ur police clearance?

Thanks Zahidal!
for your valuable information. I dont know what is in my fate. Can I be sure that I will get a call? after 2/3 days or months? waiting for an uncertain thing is very difficult.... they can finally refuse me after 3 months. Even it is better if they finally refuse on interview date ... Ha ! ha ! ha !

Wish u best of luck.
Sabrina

Sabrina, I thought ur police clearance was not ready for the interview. In that case, I think u will be alright. The usual security checks may need to be re-done. I don't see any problem. It looks that the Bangladesh consulate likes to check and recheck. Anyway, u will be fine. Good luck.