• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

again lot of people say they are unmarried though they are ....like people submit 2 DV one family and one single.....so for them they check the marital status....

Dear rony, can please explain this part clearly.........???

Dear Rony!
I submitted my own bank statement. Applicant may submit I-134 or his/her bank statement. Read carefully the dv-2011 instruction in bengali (Provided by US embassy, Dhaka). There it is clearly written that "Applicant have to submit affidavit of support from a US citizen or GC holder".

But it is also mentioned that applicant may submit his/her bank statement that he/she is solvent and can support him/herselt in the USA at the initial time. I calculated the money, it is not much. If you have 80,000 taka in your bank account, you may show bank statement.

Take care.

Sabrina

hey sabrina did u go there with any affidavit of support (I-134) or bank statement?

Sabrina...Urgent

did u submit photo copy of bank statement or orginal..if u submit photcopy then did u do attested by notary?.....

but i have a question as written in second letter follow step 3 and 4....

there no where written u need affidavit of support......

did they ask for that bank statement or u just submitted?

please reply As soon as possible as i have very short time.....................

Sabrina please read this.....

Immigrant Visas
General Information

Immigrant Visas (IVs) allow a citizen of another country to enter the United States to live and work there on a permanent basis. Except for Diversity Visas (DVs), all IVs are require a petition to be filed with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services http://www.uscis.gov/ through the Department of Homeland Security.

Under U.S. law, IVs are generally reserved for persons who are either close relatives of U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents, or who have been hired to work in jobs that the government has determined cannot be filled by U.S. citizens due to a shortage of Americans with the skills needed to perform these jobs. Most immigration to the United States is initiated by a close relative or employer who submits a petition on the applicant’s behalf in the United States.

Diversity Visas (DVs) are issues as part of a lottery program which is governed by very strict rules of entry and issuance. Applicants must be selected as part of a random drawing in order to qualify for further processing. For more information regarding DVs, please click on http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/diversity_visas.html.

For more information regarding rules and procedures, legal permanent residency, petition-based visas of all types, and forms, please visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website at http://www.uscis.gov/ or the Bureau of Consular Affairs website at http://travel.state.gov/.

The following websites may also be helpful for more information on types of visas, entry procedures and consular services:

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) Immigrant Visa Website – http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_1340.html
The Visa Bulletin – http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
The US Visa Website – http://unitedstatesvisas.gov/
Department of State Immigration and Registration Website – http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_1340.html

Instructions for IV applicants who are scheduled for an interview

(You will need Acrobat Reader to view following documents)

1. Interview checklist for IV applicants (PDF 185KB)
2. Instructions for Registered Birth/Death Certificates (PDF 15.1KB) | In Bangla (PDF 52.4KB)
3. Instructions for Marriage Certificates (PDF 15.0KB) | In Bangla (PDF 57.1 KB)
4. Instructions for obtaining Police Certificates (PDF 24KB) | In Bangla (PDF 73.9KB)
5. Instructions for Medical Examination for Immigrant visas (PDF 81.2KB)
6. List of photo studios in Dhaka (PDF 68.3KB) | In Bangla (PDF 65.5KB)
7. Visa application forms

Changes to U.S. Vaccination Requirements for U.S. Immigration

The Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) administers U.S. immigration vaccination requirements based upon the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ guidelines for recommended vaccinations for the general U.S. population. Effective December 14, 2009, the CDC published a final notice eliminating the requirement to have human papillomavirus (HPV) and zoster vaccinations.

Pursuant to the December 14, 2009 Final Notice, the following vaccines are required for individuals seeking to immigrate to the United States: Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae Type B, Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal disease, Varicella, Pneumococcal, and Influenza. All applicants are required to receive at least one dose of each age-appropriate vaccine.

Additional information concerning changes to the U.S. vaccination requirements can be found on the CDC website.

A Note Regarding Visa Availability

The issuance of family sponsored and employment based preference visas is numerically limited by Congress. Interviews for applicants in these categories are scheduled when the applicant’s priority date becomes current and visa numbers are available. However, priority dates may change, and it is possible that at the time of the interview, visa numbers may no longer be available. If visa numbers are no longer available for your visa category, your interview will proceed as scheduled, but your visa not be issued until the priority date again becomes current and new numbers are available. Applicants should check the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State’s website for up to date information on priority dates for all immigrant visa categories.

Originally Posted by rony1985
"again lot of people say they are unmarried though they are ....like people submit 2 DV one family and one single.....so for them they check the marital status...."

Dear rony, can you please explain this part clearly.........???

Last edited by a moderator:
bivrat, see some applicant applied their e-dv as married one time and both as unmarried too.but he won the DV as unmarried.so in this case if investigation goes on,they will find and proove that the data given by the winner is false.in that case the visa can be refused.thats it.

i hope i'm clear to u now.

bivrat, see some applicant applied their e-dv as married one time and both as unmarried too.but he won the DV as unmarried.so in this case if investigation goes on,they will find and proove that the data given by the winner is false.in that case the visa can be refused.thats it.

i hope i'm clear to u now.

ohhh...ok...now i understand this.........very much tricky !!! But one thing is that, if anybody submit 2 or more application with same info, (doesn't matter unmarried/married BUT their picture and other info are same) then their entry will be rejected at the point of selecting the entry..........isn't it ??? Because they check (Double Entry) the entry first then they randomly select the DV winner. I think this process is true..............Please give your opinion................

Dear Rony,
You have sent many information and links. Thanks for that. But you have to keep in your mind that you are applying from Bangladesh. Besides the instructions of US stete department, you also need to follw the instructions carefully provided by US embassy of DHAKA, BANGLADESH.

I submitted my own bank statement and a photocopy of that. I did not attested by notary.
As I am a job holder, I have a bank account and I deposit my money there.

I can't understand what do you mean by "did they ask for that bank statement..."

who will ask me for bank statement? My bank statement is a part of my document and my lawyer suggested me to submit that. So, I submitted. There are many things you will not find in step 3, 4... that is a general guidance for "obtaining your civil documnets" for all countries applying of dv. But the documents vary country to country.

Please

http://search.state.gov/search?site...F-8&lr=lang_en&filter=0&q=dv-2011+instruction

download the pdf file (DV-2011 instruction) and read number 32 under frequently usked question on page 12.

Rony, are you a student? what is your interview date?

Take care.
Sabrina

@sabrina,

I want to know about your 2nd Letter.:
A) what is the KCC want to you on 2ndL? I mean what is their requirement?
B) From the embassey anybody go for investigation/verify to your house or anywhere after your interview?

I am worry! for sabrina,shuvro078,and others intervew? I wish all of you will get visa immediatly.
@ Nightingle,
what is the update of your parents?

all the best.

@Sabrina...thank u for ur input.no,i'm not a student.i'm doing job from last 2years and also married. its okay with the bank statement point...but actually there are lots of onfusion about it thats why wanted to b clear as u can find this confusion in dv 2010 forum also......some says yes for it,some says no....anyways,thanks to be very helpful here....wish u all the very best...

Check List before Interview!

Dear all Bangladeshi,
I think all of you already get all information about Interview. I also collect a check list from Dhaka US embassey website. maybe it will be help us. Specilly who r bz all will our job fld.

Thaks:)

Visit us at http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/consular.html. Email us at dhakaiv@state.gov
Embassy of the of United States of America
Consular Section, American Embassy
Madani Avenue, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh

Please bring the ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPIES of birth, marriage, divorce, death and police certificates to yourinterview. One photocopy is needed for each applicant. We will keep the photocopies and return the originals. If ANY DOCUMENT or any legible photocopies are not brought to the interview, the applicant will be rescheduled on anotherday. Also bring photocopies of any other documents you wish to have returned (such as original tax documents). Any documents (except evidence of relationships) submitted to the Embassy in connection with an application become
property of the Embassy and will not be returned. Please do not bring any CDs, VCDs, DVDs, Video Cassettes, cameras or cell phones. You are not allowed to carry any of these items into the Embassy for security reasons. For all documents not originally issued in English, the original Bangla version and an English translation must be submitted to the consular section. Please bring the following documents at the time of interview:
PASSPORT: Every intending immigrant must have a valid passport regardless of age. The passport must have at
least eight months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.
PHOTOGRAPHS: Please see the DV-2011 instruction sheet and bring 2 Immigration/DV photos for each
applicant.
APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION FORM (DS-230 Part I and II): Each
applicant should completely fill out the attached forms. You may also find the forms at
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html
REGISTERED BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES: Please contract your related /Issuing office.
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: Please contract your related /Issuing office as per your country's rule.
DIVORCE DOCUMENTS: For you and/or your spouse, if applicable. These documents must be original or certified
copies from any U.S. court or registered Kazi office.( Please contract your related /Issuing office as per your country's rule.)
MEDICAL REPORT: After receiving the appointment letter, applicants should get their medical test done at least 10
days before their interview. For more information on the medical report please see the attached instructions.
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT: An original I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS) is required from the petitioner for each
immigrant visa applicant. Additional Affidavits from other individuals (”joint sponsors”) may be submitted if the
petitioner’s income is not sufficient to support all of the applicants. An original copy of a notarized INS form I-134 is
required for employment categories (skilled and unskilled) from the company for the principal applicant. An I-864 will
be required in all follow-to-join cases from the family member in the United States. If your petitioner has already
submitted it to NVC, you do not need to bring it again.
INCOME TAX RETURNS: AOS’s should be accompanied by copies of U.S. federal income tax returns and supporting
W-2 forms for the year on which the Affidavit of Support was executed, current employment letter(s), pay stubs and
relevant bank statements. It is only for them who is going for adjustment of status.
EVIDENCE OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIP: Please bring wedding and/or family pictures, letters, etc. as evidence of
the claimed relationship. Please try to bring photographs that demonstrate your relationship to your petitioner over
time, as well as photos that demonstrate your relationship to the derivative applicants in your case (if any). Please
label the photos, clearly identifying the petitioner and each beneficiary. Do not bring large albums. Instead, remove
all relevant photos from the album and place them in an envelope. Note that if you cannot present convincing proof
of the relationship between petitioner and beneficiary, your case will be significantly delayed or a DNA test may be
requested.
PROOF OF PETITIONER’S RESIDENCY STATUS: Please bring a clear photocopy of the petitioner’s current
passport, green card or naturalization certificate.
POLICE CERTIFICATES: Please contract your related /Issuing office or local thana.
FEES: If your agent has already paid the visa processing fee in the U.S.A, you do not need to pay again.
If the agent has not paid the fees each immigrant visa applicant must be prepared to pay the visa processing fee of USD/Local carrency is accepted.as per every applicants coutries.
ADDITIONAL PROCESSING QUESTIONNAIRE: Each visa applicant aged 16 or over needs to complete the
ADDITIONAL PROCESSING QUESTIONNAIRE provided in this package. Please follow the instructions provided in the
form.

Dear Kabir,
a) in my 2nd letter, KCC did'nt give me any document list and didn't say about any requirements. The
2nd letter is only an appointment letter, where written the date and time of interview.
"Applicant must appear at the interview on the schedule date with necessary documents."

b) No, I did't feel yet that somebody go for investigation at my residence address or office address.

Don't be worried. Which is in fate that must be happen.
-Sabrina

@sabrina,

I want to know about your 2nd Letter.:
A) what is the KCC want to you on 2ndL? I mean what is their requirement?
B) From the embassey anybody go for investigation/verify to your house or anywhere after your interview?

I am worry! for sabrina,shuvro078,and others intervew? I wish all of you will get visa immediatly.
@ Nightingle,
what is the update of your parents?

all the best.

thanks sabrina,

We hope you will give us your update informations in timely. like getting visa/recall to embassy.

wish you success!

hello everyone!!
i'm rony's wife writing for u today.actually i got the DV2011 and today was our interview date.so am going to share my experience with u all friends.... today morning at 6.30 am we went there and stand on the line.there was one family before us in the line.at 7.30 they started us to get in by checking our second NL.after all security check is done we've entered into the waiting room.at 8am they started calling name and taking the second NL from us in a counter and said us to wait. then ater 20 mins called again in the same counter and there said us to submit all the original and photocopy documents...........birth C,marriage C,PCC,S.S.C,H.S.C Certificate,grade sheet,registration card,admit card,Graduation degree certificata,mark sheet,passports,photos. ###here after sabrina's experience,we also submitted our bank statement.thanks sabrina.here the bengali mam asked me&my husband's subject of graduation and passing year,about doing job and salary.then asked me our weeding date and also the date of our applying dv2011.then waiting after about 1.5 hour they called us in another counter for finger print,where in this counter there was a foreigner lady but was talking in pure bengali!! then after 20 mins they called us again in the previous counter for final interview.this time there was a foreigner SIR with that bengali MAM. he was going through all of our original documents and was asking questions about passing year,subject...asked rony about his job and was returning all original documents one by one....oh here at first they asked for that money receipt of visa fee to submit there.here we noticed that he was matching our H.S.C and S.S c result in the internet with our submitted one......asked rony about any relative is there in USA and his location also...then they gave us a token and said us to go tomorrow to take the passport.....yes friend its positive!!! they were talking to each other about giving on day after tomorrow but rony requested them if possible to manage tomorrow as we do live in another city and we also have to go to village due to DURGA PUJA festival...they were very frank may be thats y rony was asking them all these where my heartbeat was totally stopped!!!!!!! it was a friendly place.nothing to worry....if ur everything is allright and genuine so i hope all of u will be successful......thanks to all of u in this forum.and special thanks who've created this forum..really!!! its a big help for us to face embassy without any fraud dalal..and above all thank GOD to be with us and for helping us.... wish u good luck whoever is going to face next!!!

oops!!! i missed to write that we've submitted our ID cards also whatever we had with us. thanks friends!!

Rony1985,
That is a great news from Bangladesh. I was a little bit getting bad thoughts about this Bangladesh consulate but now Rony's case has taken that out of my mind. This is a very good news for those to be interviewed the coming months in this consulate. I wish Rony and his wife to have all the best and all other Bengali winners to raise their heads up and go for their visas. Good luck everyone.