• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Congratulation!

hello everyone!!
i'm rony's wife writing for u today.actually i got the DV2011 and today was our interview date.so am going to share my experience with u all friends.... today morning at 6.30 am we went there and stand on the line.there was one family before us in the line.at 7.30 they started us to get in by checking our second NL.after all security check is done we've entered into the waiting room.at 8am they started calling name and taking the second NL from us in a counter and said us to wait. then ater 20 mins called again in the same counter and there said us to submit all the original and photocopy documents...........birth C,marriage C,PCC,S.S.C,H.S.C Certificate,grade sheet,registration card,admit card,Graduation degree certificata,mark sheet,passports,photos. ###here after sabrina's experience,we also submitted our bank statement.thanks sabrina.here the bengali mam asked me&my husband's subject of graduation and passing year,about doing job and salary.then asked me our weeding date and also the date of our applying dv2011.then waiting after about 1.5 hour they called us in another counter for finger print,where in this counter there was a foreigner lady but was talking in pure bengali!! then after 20 mins they called us again in the previous counter for final interview.this time there was a foreigner SIR with that bengali MAM. he was going through all of our original documents and was asking questions about passing year,subject...asked rony about his job and was returning all original documents one by one....oh here at first they asked for that money receipt of visa fee to submit there.here we noticed that he was matching our H.S.C and S.S c result in the internet with our submitted one......asked rony about any relative is there in USA and his location also...then they gave us a token and said us to go tomorrow to take the passport.....yes friend its positive!!! they were talking to each other about giving on day after tomorrow but rony requested them if possible to manage tomorrow as we do live in another city and we also have to go to village due to DURGA PUJA festival...they were very frank may be thats y rony was asking them all these where my heartbeat was totally stopped!!!!!!! it was a friendly place.nothing to worry....if ur everything is allright and genuine so i hope all of u will be successful......thanks to all of u in this forum.and special thanks who've created this forum..really!!! its a big help for us to face embassy without any fraud dalal..and above all thank GOD to be with us and for helping us.... wish u good luck whoever is going to face next!!!

Dear BOU-DI &Rony Dada,
Congratulatulation. :cool:
We are happy for you.
at least you are get it! it is a great news for us!
congratulations again,
bou di puja-te amader shobar janno ashirbad karo:eek:
jeno amrao jitte pari............sonar horin.

Congratulations Rony and boudi !!!

You guys are the first one in this forum who cracked the US embassy .... If you are coming to NY/ NJ area you can poke me so that we can meet sometime :)

hey dada and boudi Congratulation!

mayb you are the 1st one in BD who got VISA within short time..great for us..
my interview was 6th oct and waitng for call from embassy..
pay for me..thanks.....best of luck..

Dear Rony and Vabi!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

It is a great news! You will get the visa for the first time of DV-2011.

Best of luck

Sabrina

Hello friends.....me amita saying.today we got the passports at last!!!!! its a great relief for us!!wish u all very very good luck in this DURGA PUJA time.may durga bless u all...hope u'll also be successful. shobar jonne shuvokamona roilo. SHARODIO SHUVECHA sobai k....

Hi all this is Rony.....
I am sharing about my experience to all

I think we are the only who reached to US Embassy by Rickshaw....at 6:30 we reached there and stood in line...only a family of 4 people was standing before us...by 7:10 it was a line of around 40 people........at around 7:20 the security guys told us "please take out interview letter( for us it is 2nd NL)...they started body check and letter check (mean date of interview is perfect or not)....then they told us to walk inside......after going around 15 meter there is a sign "Thamun" "Stop"....after they told us to enter then we saw a big door...with glass...only 2 people can enter at a time.....after passing that door we gave bags in security scanner .... we had to pass thru a metal detector door....after that we had to pass one more big door...then a long passage to go to 1st waiting room....everywhere direction was there to go waiting room so no problem........then we saw a a waiting room with seat like church ...after entering we saw some doors( Serial doors ) with number plate on those (both in bengali and english) at a distance of 1 meter at our left side....when we entered and sat ,those door will be at ur right hand side this time after sitting.... then we saw a TV where every time one video running which will demonstrate how to give finger print properly..TIPS: be sure ur hands( fingers) are clear...then at just 7:50 of their watch first voice came out from speaker...."all IV visa( Immigration Visa) people please come and submit your interview letter at door no 4.(told in bengali also).. only one member from each family those who are with family"....I made a mistake went there and submitted my letter....i thought dv also one type of immigration visa so i will go and submit...after entering saw i small 2 by 2 feet room in one side glass window and in the other side of glass window there is a lady(Bengali) who collecting letters.....I submitted and she saw and kept it...but she did not told only IV people will submit here...i submitted and came out...then saw other DV guys didn't submit...i ran into that door and told sorry i am not IV applicant..please return my letter.....she returned...then why u submitted here...i told sorry.....

at around 8 again lady voice said all DV applicant please come and submit ur letter at door 6...door 6 for DV i think.....

i entered and gave her (different bengali lady not who was in door 4) letter....she gave one paper where DV 2011 instruction written in bengali available in net....nothing new..

I took that she asked gave VISA fees..I said yea...she told me to wait outside will call again..

she called all other DV applicant and did the same thing.....then after half an hour she called us.....we entered and ask to submit all original....submitted all to her...still same bengali lady...she asked question about when we got married....told her...she was puzzled about that she said...how come marry after filling DV lottery in NOV...we said we married last year march not this year march...if this march then after filling DV...she said oh ok.....may be she intentionally done this to check ( because later foreigner didn't ask anything about wedding)(my guess)....then she took all from us....what what i gave i will write tomorrow.........
she returned medical report and asked us to take this to USA
then told us to sit outside finger print will be taken in door no 2......

after sitting more than 1 hour one voice(english lady but bengali talked) told my wife's name and asked to come at door 2....be careful about what name she is calling because she learnt bengali and call....so very different accent......

went in and there was a machine to take finger print ...according to direction gave those....and came out....by 10:20 interview started....before us 2 family entered and came without result...i asked them what happen they said "asked US to submit more papers...." after calling our name we entered... this time with that bengali lady there was a american GUY.......i wished both of them.......

will write later part tomorrow.......very sleepy.............

parentes interviewd yesterday, and father was demanded more photo Id card within 31st October, with a blue sheet.

I think , my parents luck was quite bad yesterday. The Bangladeshi lady was not polite in behavior and the consular officer also didnt talk much. They were provided all the necesssary documents. More to that, they took their National ID card, my mother took her school ID, job ID, family album etc. The whole process was almost same, as told previously by himaloy, rony etc.

The couselor asked them about their children, if any one was under 21, they replied not. Asked them for family photo, they provided. Asked my mom to provide additional ID , she provided NID, school ID, Job ID etc. He was satisfied. He commented, my moms documents are all ok.

Then he asked my father to provide ID. He gave them NID. They demanded more. But the fact is that, my father is a 65 year old person.Durring his whole lile, he hast felt the necessity of Photo ID. Thus he didnt have any ID. He didnt hv photos in his admit cards of all exams. He passed SSC in 1959!!

At last they provided them a blue sheet, mentioning to provide a photo ID of my father within October 31, or they will be refused.

They took the NID of my father and took his phone number .All other papers with passports and photos were given back.

Now friends, whats ur opinion in this regard?

My father has a very old passport, but it has spelling mistakes in name. Should i Provide it? He has a bank account in Prime Bank. He may provide the scanned account opening form duly attested by the bank authorities . Will these do, what u think?

Last edited by a moderator:
nightingle bro don't wry..try to find out any ID cards of you dad.. i don't know why they asked for ID cards..they known better that time id cards was not available.anyways you have no another option..so have to find out any academic ID card as soon as possible..
i hear spelling mistake is a major problem if they fail to proved 2NL name of spelling..i don't know how much its true..i think no need to change passport right now because already submitted that..counselor didn't complain about passport just needed id card. so stop worrying..find out those things..
best of luck..

Dear rony1985,
1) I am unmarried, Is it disadvantage for me? I mean all Married preson has any kind of advantage or better than single to get a visa?

I want to know what does mean by W2 Form for I-134? Please urgent replay!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
THE SECOND Part

Hi guys...

I missed one thing to mentioned......When i was submitting documents that time she asked me " where are u doing job" and "what is ur salary? i replied her my answer...

ok lets start second part....

after entering we wished both of them...then the American guy was telling the lady..." what they Do and that lady ask my wife "apni ki korchen madam"...my wife said " i am not doing anything now just passed my engineering"
[all answer is in english]

then the guy asked us to raise hand that and said " all information u have written in the form are correct?"( here the form u sent after first letter)

we said " YES"

then he give that form and asked us to sign on that form.

he asked what u do?...
i replied ..." i am doing job here......as senior officer" what is ur highest level of education...i said" i have done computer science and engineering from this ins.....in INDIA then i got job in a MNC ( that MNC is world famous in compuet line).....he "said is it?" i said yea and did job in ...then he said ..." u have relative in USA right" i said yea....he asked where will u go and stay in USA i said " Chicago"...he asked what will u do there....i said i will search job and if i will get chance in that MNC i will join again. then he started giving our original documents.....he checked in net about the result of HSc in the web side i mentioned before(my guess)..
he he was positive......he was talking with the lady about returning passport date..." he said tell them to come day after tomorrow...i heard that....then suddenly i don't know why I asked .." u guys are talking about returning passport day after tomorrow ?" he said Yea i told " sir as u know our puja is starting from tomorrow. as we live in another city ... we have to go to village also for us it will be difficult to go there after day after tomorrow..... can't you return passport tomorrow" he said yes we can.....then bengali lady was shocked....she was astonished and said " As u waiting this long can't u wait one more day"( she was laughing) i said No i can't.....then that guy said ok no problem give them tomorrow...i asked asain can anyone of us collect passport? he said yea ( i had to come back to my city on that day so i asked that) ...at last again i asked that guy " SIR IS THIS A POSiTIVE RESULT" he said " YES U GUYS WILL GET VISA" I said " THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR"
WE came out with a joy.

that's all......

My some TIPS

1. wear a good dress like

2. be confident about what u are talking

3. try to talk in english( if not then also no problem)

4. always wish them like .. "namoskar" " salam" " good morning" like that...

hi kabir...

that is not an issue...no need anything just take ur bank statement where some balance there like around ur plane cost and u can haev money to stay for some time in US...no need big amount if u are not paying income tax u might face problem...if u are earning submit income tax paper original as well as photocopy of that ....please do not submit any fraud papers....

The original documents I have submitted

please make all those documents serially....

1.Passport with 2 photos 2"x 2" like DV Photos
2.Birth certificate
3.police certificate( from Bangladesh police of my local place)
4.police certificate ( from Indian Embassy as I stayed there from 2004 to dec 2009 with student visa and job visa. this took to get around 2 and half months from Indian Embassy)
5.HSC certificate
6.HSC grade sheet / mark sheet
7.HSc Admit Card
8.HSC Registration card( very important because they checked photos there)
9.SSC certificate
10.SSC grade sheet / mark sheet
11.SSc Admit Card
12.SSC Registration card( very important because they checked photos there)
13. Engineering certificate ( provisional will OK accepted)
14. Engineering transcripts (mark sheet)
15. previous job release letter ( where written this guy released from this job..no rule to submit this ...my self submitted with my own interest as my that company was world famous and that was American company)

16. previous job experience letter( same why i submitted)
17. present job offer letter(i will suggest to submit this as might have good impression.)
18. present job description letter( where written this rony working in this company in this post and his salary is this much.....all who are doing job please submit all this(my tips)...as that Bengali lady in my interview asked my salary. and company)

19. Tax certificate from India( i have two as i gave 2 years tax in India)
20. tax certificate from BANGLADESH

21. original ID cards( National ID, present job ID card, my university ID card .. submit any other ID card like library card ...basically as many as u can)

22. any one bank statement ( where i kept around 2 lacs till the date i have taken statements....no need much amount...if much amount then be sure u paid tax on those and for those who don't have income tax... if ask tell my father gave money to this account.....to be safe keep ur father's income tax certificate in ur file...no need to submit that ....if ask just show that... my suggestion don't take out those money till the time u get visa as they might check amount)

23. VISA FEES CHECK WHICH WILL BE GIVEN TO U BY Standard Centered bank( don't band that receipt)

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ALL MY SUGGESTIONS>>>It's NOT LIKE all have TO DO THIS.....
I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISTAKE DONE BY ANYONE OR YOU WILL FACE PROBLEM FOR MY THIS SUGGESTIONS...And I AM NOT INFLUENCING ANYONE TO DO THIS...

hi kabir...

that is not an issue...no need anything just take ur bank statement where some balance there like around ur plane cost and u can haev money to stay for some time in US...no need big amount if u are not paying income tax u might face problem...if u are earning submit income tax paper original as well as photocopy of that ....please do not submit any fraud papers....

DearDada,
you are so great!!!!!!!

But I dont understand, Income tax mater. I am not a income tax payee. Is it make a problem for me?
I have no much income to pay any kind a tax. Please explane...

Kabir007,

You are not paying income tax that will not be a problem (if your earning is less) but you must submit the Income Return (ai kor return) every year. I am not saying that will be a problem in embassy but this kind of people don't like this thats for sure.