• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from asia only

Dear all,

I was checking for the medical exam and physician link on the department of state website. But i only found the list of physical in foreign country. However, I will be doing aos, where should I find the list of physician in U.S? And is there any form I need to download to give to the physician who did the examination for me?

kimbible,
here's the link
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

no need to get any forms... the doctor's office will have their forms and they will give it back to you in a few days in a sealed envelope. do not open the envelope, submit the envelope together with your i485 later on. if you do have any evidence of vaccinations in the past bring them with you so that you don't have to pay more for shots.

First time applicant here. Anyone from Kuwait got notified?

Also, do you guys get an email first?

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is on the DV Lottery page it says, check your status after July 1...those who got notified, is it just AOS?

I am from Asia (burma), residing in UAE! as per my review of recent posts, dont think any one residing in the region has recieved their NL. I think the NLs are distributed based on country of current residence rather then the country of citizenship!

good luck!

I am from Asia (burma), residing in UAE! as per my review of recent posts, dont think any one residing in the region has recieved their NL. I think the NLs are distributed based on country of current residence rather then the country of citizenship!

good luck!

Hmm - when I see all these people who already received their NL (not just from Asia, but other regions too), it makes me wonder if the July 1 date they put up is only for those who didn't get lucky.

Hmm - when I see all these people who already received their NL (not just from Asia, but other regions too), it makes me wonder if the July 1 date they put up is only for those who didn't get lucky.
Don't despair as the online check (1 Jul) is also useful for those who were supposed to receive NLs, but for some reason the NLs never make it to the destinations, e.g. mail gets lost, change of address, etc. If you're in this category, you can contact KCC on 1 Jul onwards.

wow! thanks for the pessimism!

wow! thanks for the pessimism!

Sorry about that. It's pretty crushing to see so many people with an NL in their hands (selection bias perhaps, since this thread is for lottery winners, after all). But I'll have to keep my fingers crossed, since there isn't any other option! :)

Hi all, as I mentioned my number is quite high AS36xxx. I made a mistake putting "BCIS" on the number 4 field on the form, which I think it's for AOS. Seeing now the number won't become current soon, I think CP will have a better chance. Does anyone know how to change from AOS to CP after submitting both DS-230 and DSP-122 forms? And will they be any complications? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!

Hi sickguy

Hi all, as I mentioned my number is quite high AS36xxx. I made a mistake putting "BCIS" on the number 4 field on the form, which I think it's for AOS. Seeing now the number won't become current soon, I think CP will have a better chance. Does anyone know how to change from AOS to CP after submitting both DS-230 and DSP-122 forms? And will they be any complications? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!

Can I know why a CP processing will be better than an AOS? Is it because you are on a non immigration intent visa?
Wouldn't you received letters from KCC faster if you have an US address?
Thanks

Hey Everyone!

I'm a DV2011 winner from Malaysia (CN AS007XXX) ... I'm currently an F1 student living in the US but as I'll be going home in december for a break, I've decided to do CP instead of AOS (as for AOS i need to apply for permission to leave the country etc ... i'll be out of the US till June2011 as i'll be representing my American university in Korea for student exchange)... I've had alot of people comment that my case number will become current in Dec or Jan, but some have said that it is possible to be current in Nov as well... so my question is, what happens if the interview date given by KCC is to early for me (as my unversity session only ends in Dec) to return to Malaysia for the interview? Will I be able to chose the interview date? Also, what if my interview date is after March for when i'll be in Korea... is it possible to change the location of the Embassy that I want to do the interview at even after KCC has set a date/location (assuming its in Malaysia)??
Another thing that i'm really confused about is the Affidavit of Support.... from information on the dvwinner link given by kcc, the impression that i get is that only those bringing along dependents need an affidavit of support, but I also find alot of people discussing about affidavit of support in various threads here! Is one needed when there is only one person (me, the winner of the DV) who is applying? Also, I'm a student, so do I need to indicate that someone in the US will support me? Cant it be my parents in Msia? how much funds do I need to show? or can I indicate that i'll be graduating in 3 months after coming to the US (and will most certainly get a job here as my field is highly in demand according to the website provided by kcc).??

PLEASE, I HOPE SOMEONE ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, IVE POSTED THAT SO MANY TIMES UNDER VARIOUS THREADS BUT NO ONE REPLIES TO THAT PARTICULAR ISSUE!

Thank you soo much in advance!

Hey Everyone!

I'm a DV2011 winner from Malaysia (CN AS007XXX) ... I'm currently an F1 student living in the US but as I'll be going home in december for a break, I've decided to do CP instead of AOS (as for AOS i need to apply for permission to leave the country etc ... i'll be out of the US till June2011 as i'll be representing my American university in Korea for student exchange)... I've had alot of people comment that my case number will become current in Dec or Jan, but some have said that it is possible to be current in Nov as well... so my question is, what happens if the interview date given by KCC is to early for me (as my unversity session only ends in Dec) to return to Malaysia for the interview? Will I be able to chose the interview date? Also, what if my interview date is after March for when i'll be in Korea... is it possible to change the location of the Embassy that I want to do the interview at even after KCC has set a date/location (assuming its in Malaysia)??
Another thing that i'm really confused about is the Affidavit of Support.... from information on the dvwinner link given by kcc, the impression that i get is that only those bringing along dependents need an affidavit of support, but I also find alot of people discussing about affidavit of support in various threads here! Is one needed when there is only one person (me, the winner of the DV) who is applying? Also, I'm a student, so do I need to indicate that someone in the US will support me? Cant it be my parents in Msia? how much funds do I need to show? or can I indicate that i'll be graduating in 3 months after coming to the US (and will most certainly get a job here as my field is highly in demand according to the website provided by kcc).??

PLEASE, I HOPE SOMEONE ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS, ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, IVE POSTED THAT SO MANY TIMES UNDER VARIOUS THREADS BUT NO ONE REPLIES TO THAT PARTICULAR ISSUE!

Thank you soo much in advance!

contented,
congrats on your dv selection!
you will be able to see your cn becoming current at least 2 months in advance. uscis publishes the bulletin in advance, for eg, this month's bulletin you will be able to see august's numbers. so this will help you plan for your interview. i believe you can be interviewed at another embassy, you will need to inform kcc so that they can route your details to the right embassy.
normally an affidavit of support is not required for dv applicants but there have been instances that uscis asks for it. so it's better to be prepared. the purpose of showing proof with the affidavit of support is that the uscis does not want you to be a public charge when you become a pr. so they will require you to show proof that you will be living 125% above the poverty line, which is about $18,000+ a year. you can either show them that you have enough funds of your own or get a sponsor who makes enough wages to support you. your parents will not come into the picture here because they are not applicants but if they are willing to provide you with funds you can show them as your assets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I know why a CP processing will be better than an AOS? Is it because you are on a non immigration intent visa?
Wouldn't you received letters from KCC faster if you have an US address?
Thanks

I believe people say CP is generally quicker than AOS, so if your number is high you should do CP instead of AOS.

Hi,

I applied to DV 2011 through USAFIS.ORG and on 17th May 2010 I received a call congradulating me for being a winner for DV 2011 and informed that I will recieve the NL within a week or 2 but nothing till now.
any winner who applied through USAFIS? is it a reliable company?
they gave me my case number which is 2011AS00007xxx what are my chances and when do I have to expect the Interview? I hold Syrian Passport.
Please help.

Hi,

forgot to mention that I already visited USA before 4 months and my Visit Visa is still valid till July 2011, would that help in making process faster? knowing that they already done the required security check.

any one from middle east or Arab countries recieve a Notification Letter?

Hi,

forgot to mention that I already visited USA before 4 months and my Visit Visa is still valid till July 2011, would that help in making process faster? knowing that they already done the required security check.

any one from middle east or Arab countries recieve a Notification Letter?

you must receive an official noitifcation letter from the kentucky consular center to prove that you are selected. there are many organisations like the one you used who will submit your dv application for a fee. by the way did you pay them anything? kcc and uscis has already mentioned on their websites that they are not afiiliated and have not authorised any of these websites. so only until you receive the nl from kcc will you know if you did get lucky. on july 1 you can start checking online with your registration number whether you made it.

thanks for your reply.

since USAFIS submitted my application and they are available in NY City they put their mail address for my application to recieve it faster and to guarantee the letter will not be lost in the international post mail. they recieved the letter from KCC and they said they forwarded the NL by DHL. last time they said I should receive it next week.
then what about my Case number 2011as00007xxx when is the expectation for the interview? I am Syrian living in United Arab Emirates.

thanks for your reply.

since USAFIS submitted my application and they are available in NY City they put their mail address for my application to recieve it faster and to guarantee the letter will not be lost in the international post mail. they recieved the letter from KCC and they said they forwarded the NL by DHL. last time they said I should receive it next week.
then what about my Case number 2011as00007xxx when is the expectation for the interview? I am Syrian living in United Arab Emirates.

your cn is pretty low. if you look at the past bulletins you can estimate when you will be current. my guess is either dec2010/jan2011/feb2011.
good luck

that is great man, i am living in UAE, and by what u are saying, i think the mail here is pretty slow! so i am keeping my fingers crossed!