• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 NEPAL Winners Meet & Greet Here !

today had my interview in US embassy kathmadnu. It was preety simple and stright forward the consuler was a nice lady ,

Q: Which language do you prefer?
A English would be better

Q: OK .................. what is the highest qualification you have recived
A: Bachelor of engineering

Q:When did you complete your degree?
A: Some 43 year back in the year 2007

Q: what Have you been doing since??
A: working in ....................... as engineer

Q:So is your work related to engineering?
A: yes I do.......................................

Q: Don't you have any document from your current employer?
I showed her the doc

Q: That is great how do you know your sponsor
A: He is my relative

Q: so when you get to US what do you plan to do??
A I would work for some time and then persude MS

Then the lady did some few clicks in her computer and asked me to sign the form which I had sent to KCC before.Then she said you are congratulation you are eligible for Visa pls come on 26-Aug to collect your passport.

:D

CN 2010AS00024XXX

so it was a straight forward process, they just wanted to conform with me that I have the basic educational requirement for the DV and a place to stay in US . and to my surprise they didn't touch my financial doc :O

Congrats!
Thanks for sharing your info! Wishing you all the best...
Cheers :)

today had my interview in US embassy kathmadnu. It was preety simple and stright forward the consuler was a nice lady ,

Q: Which language do you prefer?
A English would be better

Q: OK .................. what is the highest qualification you have recived
A: Bachelor of engineering

Q:When did you complete your degree?
A: Some 43 year back in the year 2007

Q: what Have you been doing since??
A: working in ....................... as engineer

Q:So is your work related to engineering?
A: yes I do.......................................

Q: Don't you have any document from your current employer?
I showed her the doc

Q: That is great how do you know your sponsor
A: He is my relative

Q: so when you get to US what do you plan to do??
A I would work for some time and then persude MS

Then the lady did some few clicks in her computer and asked me to sign the form which I had sent to KCC before.Then she said you are congratulation you are eligible for Visa pls come on 26-Aug to collect your passport.

:D

CN 2010AS00024XXX

so it was a straight forward process, they just wanted to conform with me that I have the basic educational requirement for the DV and a place to stay in US . and to my surprise they didn't touch my financial doc :O

Hello everyone!
Any updates on interview at Kathmandu?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saajin
Congrats and welcome to this thread. I guess myself and Izzy120 has the lowest case number among Nepali in this forum. As for last year winner, all the CN was current for Asia so don't lose any hope. We all will make it...
May Ganesha help us!

Hey dvnp,
Thanks for the moral support fren.Congratulation to both of you, you two will be through pretty soon.And for rest of us with high case numbers my fingers are crossed my friend.
Firstly,I knew nothing about CP and AOS.As a result,since i was in USA i was going for AOS and i thought it would be easy and i dont have to wait for my case number to be current .All I thought was wrong and hence i came to see this forum and met a person like Izzy120.She gave me best instructions i could have ever got from anyone.Therefore I am planning for CP now but meanwhile I do not want to rush to change my process as well.I want to see how the cutoff numbers would be assigned for couple of months and then i will change it.
Alrite dvnp keep updated and lets all be blessed by god and make it all the way through.

Hi to All

Hi , I am new for this forum have some worries regarding my NL 1 of dv ,,,and expecting the guys of this forum will help to share their experiences.

I received My 1NL at June 20 only, though the NL comes to my address around 1st June because of not check regular Post office Box (POB) No. i knew the lately. I send back to 1 NL without doing delay to KCC, got the same at 30 Jun as per Fedex. My case No. is 20** only but still not received the second NL. Is there any thing wrong?? should i called to KCC??? anybody help me for that???

Hu Raajnepal,
Your case is almost the same as mine as you see it from my signature below. Before two weeks I wrote an e mail to kcc (kccdv@state.gov) and they said that my forms have been processed and are acceptable for the continuation of the visa processing. You can e mail or call them (606 526 7500) to learn about the status of your case. Good luck.

Hi raajnepal
As mentioned by labora2, email KCC asking about your interview date and 2nd letter. May be there is a detail in postal service back home. Please don't forget to write you full name, case number and date of birth when you email KCC. (kccdv@state.gov) They might take a day to a week to response! BTW are you having interview at Kathmandu?
Wish you all the best!
Hi , I am new for this forum have some worries regarding my NL 1 of dv ,,,and expecting the guys of this forum will help to share their experiences.

I received My 1NL at June 20 only, though the NL comes to my address around 1st June because of not check regular Post office Box (POB) No. i knew the lately. I send back to 1 NL without doing delay to KCC, got the same at 30 Jun as per Fedex. My case No. is 20** only but still not received the second NL. Is there any thing wrong?? should i called to KCC??? anybody help me for that???

Hi raajnepal
As mentioned by labora2, email KCC asking about your interview date and 2nd letter. May be there is a detail in postal service back home. Please don't forget to write you full name, case number and date of birth when you email KCC. (kccdv@state.gov) They might take a day to a week to response! BTW are you having interview at Kathmandu?
Wish you all the best!

Thanks, labora2 and dvnp,,

I will write one email to kcc today !!! Yes i will have interview at Kathmandu.

Anyway thanks for sugession,, hope will in touch regularly.

Anyone taking interview this October in Kathmandu?
Please share us your experience...
Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

My CN is 2011AS00014*** which is not yet current.
I have studied and currently working in India. I have chosen Kathmandu for my Interview in the forms.
I am very confused about the police certificate to be produced during interview. Do i need to produce police certificate for where ever i stayed after 16 year( 3 different place in india)? or do i need to get the police certificate from police headquarter, kathmandu only?
Do my wife(married 2 years back in india) also need to produce police certificate from India or from Nepal only?

please let me know if anyone is having some idea about this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mks11
Congrats on winning the lottery!

Hello Everyone,

My CN is 2011AS00014*** which is not yet current.
I have studied and currently working in India. I have chosen Kathmandu for my Interview in the forms.
I am very confused about the police certificate to be produced during interview. Do i need to produce police certificate for where ever i stayed after 16 year( 3 different place in india)? or do i need to get the police certificate from police headquarter, kathmandu only?

You MUST obtain the police clearance certificate from India. Look at this info:

Police Records

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office.
Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.
Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582

You also need to get police certificate from Kathmandu.

Do my wife(married 2 years back in india) also need to produce police certificate from India or from Nepal only?

Your wife as well MUST obtain police clearance certificate from India if she is a residing in India. She also need it from Kathmandu.

please let me know if anyone is having some idea about this.

Thanks in advance.

Hope this will help you.
All the best!

Hello Everyone,

I have not received my first notification letter till date. I know I was selected when I look online and have tried to contact KCC several times via phone and email. But they keep on saying that they cannot disclose the case number. They also said that I could send other documents so I sent the forrms and photo. It has been over 1.5 months without an update. Whenever I call and ask, they say what is your case number and then they will not disclose my case number either. Any suggestions for me?

Do you by any means have your confirmation number when you filled the online form? Then you can check your status online and maybe find out your case number.

This is such a sad thing to have won the lottery and not be able to do anything about it...

Hi Nepali-in-US
Sad to hear about it. Even though if you have that confirmation when you filled the online form last year, it will not help as it will not mentioned your case number there. It will just say either you are winner or not. That's it.
I think it is better to bug KCC until you get the number. Explain them again in email. That's what you can do now for now.
All the best!!

Hello Everyone,

I have not received my first notification letter till date. I know I was selected when I look online and have tried to contact KCC several times via phone and email. But they keep on saying that they cannot disclose the case number. They also said that I could send other documents so I sent the forrms and photo. It has been over 1.5 months without an update. Whenever I call and ask, they say what is your case number and then they will not disclose my case number either. Any suggestions for me?

Hi Nepali-in-US,

Its sad to hear about what happened. How do you know that you were selected? Did you check online and it said you were selected? If so, best thing you should do is send the forms (DSP 122, DS230 and 2 photos) which you did, and just wait till you get something (NL2 with your CN) from them.

Its true that KCC will not disclose any information due to privacy unless you give them your full name, DOB and DV case number (which you don't have). I know one other case that had this happen, but this person got an e-mail saying that KCC tried to mail the NL1 and it came back, and this e-mail contained his CN, so you might wanna check your junk folder to see if you have anything there. If not, I guess just wait until you hear from them or keep bugging them by saying that you have a confirmation number that shows you won, and you cant give CN because it doesn't show your CN and so on...Good Luck and keep us posted!

Hello Everyone,