• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 NEPAL Winners Meet & Greet Here !

You know, you could be right, I had read somewhere, perhaps on USCIS or some form from USCIS about the process to remove conditions on DV GC. But I only see Marriage and Investment GCs as conditional in USCIS.

my CN:2010AS00023***....................so any chances for the NL2??
if i will get visa,i am planning to study engineeing there in VA.so plz provide me some information.

Good luck! Please share your experience...

Hello Friends!
I have couple questions.
In DS230 #10 my brother missed to include pre-directional on the address (my address here in USA).
Eg: my address is 90012 N. 89th Street and he forgot to include N.; will this make a big difference?
My nephew was born in 04/03/2010 and DS230 was signed and dated on 06/08/2010 but in DS230 for my nephew his age was indicated as 1 month; will this make much of a difference?
Also, in 43a he checked YES, i believe he should have left it blank?
Please advise!

Thanks,

Hello Friends!
I have couple questions.
In DS230 #10 my brother missed to include pre-directional on the address (my address here in USA).
Eg: my address is 90012 N. 89th Street and he forgot to include N.; will this make a big difference?
My nephew was born in 04/03/2010 and DS230 was signed and dated on 06/08/2010 but in DS230 for my nephew his age was indicated as 1 month; will this make much of a difference?
Please advise!

Thanks,

If I were you, I would redo the form and send it again to KCC to ensure they have accurate information. That is why it is necessary to take your time before sending it or have someone look over the form to ensure accuracy and completeness. I would call KCC and ask them about the issue.
1. Address wise, I would not worry that much, as it would be based on zip code (as long as he got that correct)
2. Why didn't your brother indicate the correct DOB for his son? If he was born on 4/3/10, he should have put down that date. KCC will see his DOB as 5/8/2010. Is that what he has on his birth certificate and other documents?
3. The question clearly asks if your brother has a SSN, if he does, then he should check "Yes" otherwise "No" would be the right answer if he does not.

I don't want to say that he will be alright, because these are lame errors and if you and I could see it, KCC/IO will see it too. Please bear in mind that this is immigration you are dealing with (I believe you have had the experience yourself). What will he do when the IO asks to see the Birth Certificate and SS Card and the information does not match up? It is in his best interest to provide truthful and accurate answers. Again, if I were you, I would call KCC and clarify this with them and send them the form again if you need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Friends!
I have couple questions.
Please advise!

Thanks,

I think it is better to call KCC and confirm with them whether your brother need to send a new sets of form or not? In terms of address, it should be fine not a problem.
As Izzy120 suggested, please double confirm as you are dealing with immigration officer. This might create difficulties in future issues.
Thanks Izzy120...
Good luck!

Thanks Izzy120 and dvnp!
Maybe I did not make myself clear on the post. His son's DOB is correct and it is reflected on all the docs. His DOB IS 04/03/2010. When my brother filled out the application; his son was still 1month and few days old but the form did not get completed until 06/08/2010 which made his son become 2 months old and he forgot to correct the age (DS-230 #5).
On #3 (DS-230 43a) he checked NO (right side) and indicated SS# to be N/A but checked YES left bottom box where it says something about replacement card.
If i wouold make him resubmit the forms; is it too late?
I definately need to call KCC and reconfirm all the issues.
And, as always thank you very much.

Thanks Izzy120 and dvnp!
Maybe I did not make myself clear on the post. His son's DOB is correct and it is reflected on all the docs. His DOB IS 04/03/2010. When my brother filled out the application; his son was still 1month and few days old but the form did not get completed until 06/08/2010 which made his son become 2 months old and he forgot to correct the age (DS-230 #5).
On #3 (DS-230 43a) he checked NO (right side) and indicated SS# to be N/A but checked YES left bottom box where it says something about replacement card.
If i wouold make him resubmit the forms; is it too late?
I definately need to call KCC and reconfirm all the issues.
And, as always thank you very much.

For 43. where it says:
"Have you ever applied for a SSN?" he should check "No" (which he did) then answer "Do you want Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue you a SS card?" check "Yes" if he wants to get a SSN, he should also check "Yes" for 43.b. in this case. He should leave the other box (on the left of the form) blank as it does not apply to him, I think it will be fine if he wrote "N/A" on that box but he should not check anything in terms of receiving a replacement card.

For birth date, as long as he put down 4/3/10 on the birth date for his son, he will be fine.

Again, if you are unsure, call KCC and confirm with them, you can resend the forms now, he still has time before his number becomes current. This time, make sure he reads the form over and over and asks someone to do the same for him to catch any mistakes. Good luck!

Thanks Izzy120,
Another Question: I know we can check status on/after July 1st, 2010 but is it for further processing i.e. for second letter or first letter. Is there a better way to know if application is accepted for second letter?

Thanks Izzy120,
Another Question: I know we can check status on/after July 1st, 2010 but is it for further processing i.e. for second letter or first letter. Is there a better way to know if application is accepted for second letter?

For my understanding, checking status after July 1 is to know whether you have been selected or not (i.e 1st Letter). In some places, winners are not able to receive their 1st letter through post or lost on the way. This system has been started recently to eliminate those kind of issues.
As told before, once your number becomes current, you will be send 2nd letter around 6-8 weeks before your interview date with information on further process. Once you have your interview and if every documents goes smooth, you will be granted visa. So there is no question of whether your application is accepted or not. But your forms should be error free to reject.
You can check at least 2 months ahead on visa bulletin to figure out when your number will be current. Here is the link http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Hope this helps...

Thanks Izzy120,

I am not quite sure if I understand your question. Once you send in the forms to KCC, they will send you a second NL to confirm your interview date and/or other document requirements you should bring to the interview. The status check after July 1st is available to everyone who submitted a DV lottery entry to check whether they have won or not (you put in the confirmation number that you were given after your submission of your DV lottery). For more information, please refer to DV instructions here:

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf

There are certain information you already know, so skim through and your questions will be answered there.

Namaskar!!!

I received my NL1 on the last week of May. But my case number is very high : 2011AS00042XXX.

Have I any chance?

Namaskar!!!

I received my NL1 on the last week of May. But my case number is very high : 2011AS00042XXX.

Have I any chance?

Around the end the of the FY, VB will probably be "current" for Asia and you maybe able to apply then, they usually process cases faster at the end of the FY (so I have heard from 2009 and 2010 folks). For eg, in July 2009 VB was "current" so anyone could apply. So, you never know, this is your only chance, I would go for it. If possible, I would look at doing CP instead of AOS with such a high case number.

Hi guys DV fees has increased:

PRESS RELEASES

New Consular Fees in Effect on July 13, 2010

July 12, 2010 नेपालीमा

New fees for Immigrant Visas will go into effect on July 13, 2010. Fees for Non-Immigrant Visas were increased on June 4, 2010. The revised fees are the same worldwide and cover actual operating expenses for the 301 overseas consular posts, 23 domestic passport agencies and other centers that provide these consular services. The new Immigrant Visa fees are listed below:

NEW CONSULAR FEES EFFECTIVE JULY 13, 2010

CURRENT FEE NEW FEE
Immigrant Visa Fees

IV Application Processing Fee

1. Family-based immigrant
visa
$ 355.00 $ 330.00
2. Employment-based
immigrant visa
$ 355.00 $ 720.00
3. Other immigrant visas
(SIVs, DVs, etc.)

$ 355.00 $ 305.00

IV Security Surcharge

$ 45.00 $ 74.00

Diversity Visa Lottery additional
processing fee $ 375.00 $ 440.00

http://nepal.usembassy.gov/07-12-2010.html

Hi all,
I recently got selected for DV and I am in process of mailing out form DSP-122 and DS-230. I am in US and have had work "bahira kaam" in summer. The question now is should I mention those kaam while filling out the forms in employment section.

Please help. Thanks

Hi goagain,

First of all, congratulations on being selected for DV and welcome to the forum! I am assuming it is for 2011. Please give us a bit more details about yourself, such as your status in the US (I am assuming you are on F1 status, please correct me if I am wrong), your case number range (eg. 2011AS00010xx like mine), when you received your 1st Notification letter (NL1), location, etc., that way, we can help you better. You can add this to your signature from Forum Actions>Edit Profile>Edit Signature, enter your info and save and check "show signature" box.

If you are in F1 status and you did "bahira kaam" then it is in violation of your status. It depends if you used your SSN or not (if you did then it might be a problem if USCIS decides to check, if not, then it would be OK). I would NOT put that "bahira kaam" in any of the forms (KCC or USCIS). I am assuming you have at least a high school education (10+2) for you to be eligible for DV. You can claim eligibility by two ways: 1. Having at least a High School Education, or 2. Two years of work experience in a field as defined by US Department of Labor, designated as Job Zone 4 or 5. I believe you have already visited this website, if not go to:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html

Anyway, please give more info on your case, if you want help with filling out the forms, please visit:

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...to-correctly-fill-DSP-122-and-DS-230-I-amp-II

Hi all,
I recently got selected for DV and I am in process of mailing out form DSP-122 and DS-230. I am in US and have had work "bahira kaam" in summer. The question now is should I mention those kaam while filling out the forms in employment section.

Please help. Thanks

Hi goagain,

First of all, congratulations on being selected for DV and welcome to the forum! I am assuming it is for 2011. Please give us a bit more details about yourself, such as your status in the US (I am assuming you are on F1 status, please correct me if I am wrong), your case number range (eg. 2011AS00010xx like mine), when you received your 1st Notification letter (NL1), location, etc., that way, we can help you better. You can add this to your signature from Forum Actions>Edit Profile>Edit Signature, enter your info and save and check "show signature" box.

If you are in F1 status and you did "bahira kaam" then it is in violation of your status. It depends if you used your SSN or not (if you did then it might be a problem if USCIS decides to check, if not, then it would be OK). I would NOT put that "bahira kaam" in any of the forms (KCC or USCIS). I am assuming you have at least a high school education (10+2) for you to be eligible for DV. You can claim eligibility by two ways: 1. Having at least a High School Education, or 2. Two years of work experience in a field as defined by US Department of Labor, designated as Job Zone 4 or 5. I believe you have already visited this website, if not go to:

Anyway, please give more info on your case, if you want help with filling out the forms, please visit:

Thank you Izzy120,
I am currently in US as I stated. I am in H1B status and have been working for 2 years. But during my F1 status I did do some "kaam bahira" just to manage by study. Thank you again for your response.

Hi goagain,

Again, my question to you would be: Did you use your SSN for that work?

Thank you Izzy120,
I am currently in US as I stated. I am in H1B status and have been working for 2 years. But during my F1 status I did do some "kaam bahira" just to manage by study. Thank you again for your response.