• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

We left Nigeria at arround 5:20pm Nigeria time (12/07/2011),got to DOHA arround 3:30am Doha time (Doha is 2hrs ahead of us (13/07/2011) and had a break in Doha and left arround 8:20am got to USA arround 4:20pm (13/07/2011).

Thank God for journey mecy

Congrats for your safe trip. we thank the GOOD LORD fro this. all the best to you. IT IS WELL WITH YOU

Dear All,

To the glory of God myself and my wife are now fully here in USA.We came in yesterday July 12th 2011.

We appreciate your prayers and the kind advice and encouragement from all yah.

Once again,thank you all.

We pray for all those going for interviews this month and the coming months VISA GRANTED IJN,AMEN

We thank the GOOD LORD FOR THIS> all the best to you man

Hi ammeck09,

how are you doing man? you are enjoying your life in Obamaland ! good for you. Thanks God Africa is finally current.
I am trying to prepare my file for the interview the best i can , any mistake may ends up to a desaster.
Hope to hear from you............

Yea, you have to make sure that you do all the best you can because in September you don't have any chance if your case is put on administrative processing. All the best.

We left Nigeria at arround 5:20pm Nigeria time (12/07/2011),got to DOHA arround 3:30am Doha time (Doha is 2hrs ahead of us (13/07/2011) and had a break in Doha and left arround 8:20am got to USA arround 4:20pm (13/07/2011).

Thank God for journey mecy

Peace unto ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the land of opportunities.

Ahhh, nice to know bro, how swift you've been on going about these events. we really appreciate the update, by the way do you need any initial money for the account opening? by the way, did you also book you ticket with the IOM? how much did it cost you?

Yeah Pope on the Bank account, they opened a student account for me but it will not be needing any minimum balance. for the start, you just only need to put in some 100 USD and that will be fine but you can withdraw all of them if you wish. yes, I also booked ma with IOM and it was USD 1174 with Delta airlines to Oklahoma. thanx

Yeah Pope on the Bank account, they opened a student account for me but it will not be needing any minimum balance. for the start, you just only need to put in some 100 USD and that will be fine but you can withdraw all of them if you wish. yes, I also booked ma with IOM and it was USD 1174 with Delta airlines to Oklahoma. thanx

Thanks very much bro, for the insight. all the best.

@all, Glory to our Lord God, i successfully picked my visa today. everything went on smoothly, thanks to the support and prayers you guys gave me. i pray all awaiting to attend their interviews success IJMN. also those on AP especially our bro, benniit, the good lord will perfect everything that concerns His children. the Lord be with us all.

@all, Glory to our Lord God, i successfully picked my visa today. everything went on smoothly, thanks to the support and prayers you guys gave me. i pray all awaiting to attend their interviews success IJMN. also those on AP especially our bro, benniit, the good lord will perfect everything that concerns His children. the Lord be with us all.

Wonderful!!! Congrats once again and I pray that you will have a smooth preparation...

Cooooooonnnngraaaatulaaations ma bro. THE GOOD LORD HAS DONE IT AGAIN. HE DESERVES THE PRAISES. THANK YOU LORD

@Ammeck09,

Txs for your unrelenting cooperation our Hero.

Now that am still awaiting my SSN & GC,what can i start with?

(1) Can i register for any diploma course related to my field to get a job or how is job search like in Texas or USA in general?

(2) Can i open a Bank account?

(3) Some say its very good for one to start building his/Her Credit history,how do i go about building the Credit history?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

We shall all continue to succeed on this forum.

Also,to all successful DV 2012 WINNERS,we wish u all a successful journey to Obama land.

We equally remember our members still awaiting interviews a VISA GRANTED IJN and to those still on AP that the favour of God rest upon them ALL,AMEN!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ammeck09,

Txs for your unrelenting cooperation our Hero.

Now that am still awaiting my SSN & GC,what can i start with?

(1) Can i register for any diploma course related to my field to get a job or how is job search like in Texas or USA in general?

(2) Can i open a Bank account?

(3) Some say its very good for one to start building his/Her Credit history,how do i go about building the Credit history?

Your immediate response will be appreciated.

We shall all continue to succeed on this forum.

Also,to all successful DV 2012 WINNERS,we wish u all a successful journey to Obama land.

We equally remember our members still awaiting interviews a VISA GRANTED IJN and to those still on AP that the favour of God rest upon them ALL,AMEN!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practically you can do nothing without the SSN. If you haven't applied for one, you have to do so now.

1. I don't know about your financial situation but just moving in from Africa, I guess you need to try to find any kind of job that will give you some income to start with. Your host can play an important role in your search for a job. Then after you can look into taking some diploma courses.
2. Yes you can open an account, check the nearest Bank of America - they are flexible with new immigrants. You need your passport and any foreign-issued card (visa, mastercard, american express) as an ID. Just pay them a visit and get more details about the documents you may need, and moreover, you don't need to put in large amount of money - just $30 can open the account.
3. You can only build your credit history if you have a job. There is this credit card (secured credit card) from Bank of America and many banks where you load the card with your own money and use it as and when you like. It's a good way to start building your credit history. Meanwhile you can check these websites for more information on how to build credit history:
http://www.howtobuildcredit.net/
http://www.quizzle.com/blog/2010/04/how-to-build-credit-from-no-credit-in-6-easy-steps/

Practically you can do nothing without the SSN. If you haven't applied for one, you have to do so now.

1. I don't know about your financial situation but just moving in from Africa, I guess you need to try to find any kind of job that will give you some income to start with. Your host can play an important role in your search for a job. Then after you can look into taking some diploma courses.
2. Yes you can open an account, check the nearest Bank of America - they are flexible with new immigrants. You need your passport and any foreign-issued card (visa, mastercard, american express) as an ID. Just pay them a visit and get more details about the documents you may need, and moreover, you don't need to put in large amount of money - just $30 can open the account.
3. You can only build your credit history if you have a job. There is this credit card (secured credit card) from Bank of America and many banks where you load the card with your own money and use it as and when you like. It's a good way to start building your credit history. Meanwhile you can check these websites for more information on how to build credit history:
http://www.howtobuildcredit.net/
http://www.quizzle.com/blog/2010/04/how-to-build-credit-from-no-credit-in-6-easy-steps/

Txs for your timely response.

Pls which of the foreign cards is better? MASTERCARD,VISA OR AMERICA EXPRESS considering the charges nd terms?

"3. You can only build your credit history if you have a job. There is this credit card (secured credit card) from Bank of America and many banks where you load the card with your own money and use it as and when you like" = what is the diff btw this "credit card (secured credit card)" and the other so called "MASTERCARD,VISA OR AMERICA EXPRESS" Are they the same?

Also,after loading the card with my own money say $500.wht if i spend the whole $500,wht is the implication of that?

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Thank u our HERO nd more geese to ur elbow.

@ Hello forumites.

I am reporting from Calabar, Nigeria. Not a single person, i say not a single person have won in a town of over 250,000 people. I work in an internet cafe, we help people apply for the lottery. I have checked over 600 entries so far, not a single winner. I repeat not a single winner. I don't know whats going on. I was a previous selectee, but now a July 15 non selectee. I think KCC have some questions to answer.

Txs for your timely response.

Pls which of the foreign cards is better? MASTERCARD,VISA OR AMERICA EXPRESS considering the charges nd terms?

"3. You can only build your credit history if you have a job. There is this credit card (secured credit card) from Bank of America and many banks where you load the card with your own money and use it as and when you like" = what is the diff btw this "credit card (secured credit card)" and the other so called "MASTERCARD,VISA OR AMERICA EXPRESS" Are they the same?

Also,after loading the card with my own money say $500.wht if i spend the whole $500,wht is the implication of that?

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Thank u our HERO nd more geese to ur elbow.

As a new immigrant, you are not likely to get an unsecured credit card soon. It takes time and good credit score to get those cards. The secured card is an exception because basically you load the card with your own money and use it when required. Thus, no one is lending you money, so it is easy to get one. The others, forget about them now since you will not get one soon. When you load the card with your money, you can use it any time and if you decide to use all - that's not a problem.

As to which one is better, it depends on the terms of the agreement and more importantly how high your credit score. The high your CS, the more you can bargain for better terms.

hello all, its been a while since i came online. i will be moving to the states in september. i have to quit my job first and that involves giving two months notice. i have a concern that i hope can be addressed by everyone. a friend of mine has just won the dv 2012 but unfortunately the person who entered the lottery on her behalf added his brother as her husband. my friend is the principal winner. Right now my friend is confused since she doesn't want to do any fake marriage with this guy. She wants to know if she can inform KCC that she is single but was mistakenly entered as married and get some legal documents to back it up. is it possible? Please help us out if u can give us any advise.