• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

February DV Bulletine is out

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Thanks bro for this info. I really appreciate the work u are doing for this forum. Ei! God when will get to my turn?

Hi All,
I could not get AOS from the one whose address I used in filling the forms sent to KCC. Their addresses is far apart. I've sent an enquiry email to the Embassy to change the address. Is it right?

Hi All,
I could not get AOS from the one whose address I used in filling the forms sent to KCC. Their addresses is far apart. I've sent an enquiry email to the Embassy to change the address. Is it right?

Hi Onasis,
The person whose address you filled on your forms shouldn't necessarily be the one giving you the AOS. They can be two different persons. If you would like to change the address, however, you can do that. Good luck.

Seandelli, tryna share you experience with as ASAP!!! cos we are all waiting 4 Gods blessings !!!!!!!!!!! Peace Pashoky and can I get ya e-mail address plz...

so i supose my AOS will not be necessary. can i add my admision letter or skul id card to prove that am in uni? since am in a second yr means i wil live to u s before i come bak to complete my skul.

pls everybodi what do u think

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

sendelli thanks for your quick reply AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

CN: 2011AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????
GC Received: ?????????

I'm a Dv-2011 from with a high case number. Do you think i would ever get called for interview? If i would when? when do think i should make my sponsor start filing my AOS? Thanks!

You are welcome to the great forum. I will say your case number is not high as you think. You may be current in May or June, just keep checking the visa bulletin. Beginning in Feb or Mar, you can let your sponsor to start sending you the AOS.

Hi All,

Don't worry, you can change it during the day of your interview. Just tell the interview consular your intention of changing the address.

so i supose my AOS will not be necessary. can i add my admision letter or skul id card to prove that am in uni? since am in a second yr means i wil live to u s before i come bak to complete my skul.

pls everybodi what do u think

hi; sorry 4 being away 4 long. i had my interview on Monday and was succesful. i'l post my interview experience soon.

sendelli thanks for your quick reply AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

CN: 2011AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????
GC Received: ?????????

If you can get one, do so. If you are single then you have a good chance of not being ask for it.

With God all things are possible and this surely reflects in Seandelli's life...Anyway when the Consular asked you to tell him or her about your course did you summarized it I mean was it in a very brief way ?

You are welcome to the great forum. I will say your case number is not high as you think. You may be current in May or June, just keep checking the visa bulletin. Beginning in Feb or Mar, you can let your sponsor to start sending you the AOS.
Thanks a lot. Really do appreciate.

Hi Onasis,
The person whose address you filled on your forms shouldn't necessarily be the one giving you the AOS. They can be two different persons. If you would like to change the address, however, you can do that. Good luck.

Thanks labora, for this piece...

Hi guyz,
Did anyone ever won dv more then one time.
maybe the firt time he didn't recieve visa due to expire date
why on AP. Embassy give back ur complete docs
many months after successful interview n told u due to clsosing
date sept. 30th system block and couldn't complete the processing of ur case.
Then encourrge u to process ur case in ur country the next time you having to win. Is this having any effect on u when playing the following dv year.
Let me know pls. Thnx

Hi guyz,
Did anyone ever won dv more then one time.
maybe the firt time he didn't recieve visa due to expire date
why on AP. Embassy give back ur complete docs
many months after successful interview n told u due to clsosing
date sept. 30th system block and couldn't complete the processing of ur case.
Then encourrge u to process ur case in ur country the next time you having to win. Is this having any effect on u when playing the following dv year.
Let me know pls. Thnx

When applying for the dv lottery, the system does not recognize past winners. Everyone has an equal chance of being picked - be it your first time, ten times or previous winner, and when you win again there is the possibility of getting the visa this time if you processed it at home.

Thanks guy for the reply. The power is in the hands of our Creator.
Wish all dv2011 winners the best,consider it done. Braavoooo!!!

Dear Forumites,

We just got our Green cards and social security numbers today, just exactly a month we landed in Obama land.

One love

Dear Forumites,

We just got our Green cards and social security numbers today, just exactly a month we landed in Obama land.

One love

Thank God for paving the way for you to receive these important documents without any mishaps. Hope you succeed in the name of the almighty!

If u r an impatient person or have a thing against waiting for long hours,then prepare urself for the time of ur life cos there's a lot of waiting involved.
Ok so here is my experience.

I got to the embassy at around 6 30 am. A lot of people were gathered under a tree closeby so i joined them since the doors were about to be open.
The guard called us to form a queue in front of the embassy @ 7 15am, one which is for immigrant visa applicants and the other non immigrants.
After he took my appointment letter(1st page of second NL) he asked me to take a bowl which will be given to you and drop in it all electronic gadgets on you. I wanted to leave fast so i didnt take any gadgets.
After entering, i went through the security check and walked towards the embassy itself. There was no one there so i took a seat on some benches which were there. I was with a lot of other dv winners b@ i seemed to know a lot and what to do thanks to this forum.
As we sat there the guard directed other applicants who were not dv winners b@ coming for a visa to the embassy.
We sat there for a while until after about 45 mins, when a white man and a ghanaian came and gave us white sheets to fill in our names and your qualification(whether by education or occupation). He briefed us also about how much u'l pay and whether u want to reschedule and other things.
After filling the form, we took the form together with our notification letter to the guard, who will direct u to go and pay your money to the cashier.
After that, we waited for about 2hrs before the dv applicants were attended to.
We were called one after the other by the ghanaian who came to brief us outside;he took our documents and finger prints. I gave him all the docs i brout with me and he took out the ones he needed and gave the rest back to me.
After i did not wait for long before the Consular officer called my name to come to window 6.
CO: gudmornin
me: gudmornin
CO: are u married
Me: no
CO: do u have any children
me: no
CO: u have never been married
Me: no
CO: it seems we have everythin we need, u are in the uni. Right, knust
Me: yes
CO: what course are u offernig
Me: i answer
CO: tell me about it
me: i answer
CO: would u like to take ur visa now or after u finish school in may?(cos am in final year)
Me: i'l take it now if u dont mind
CO: come on this day for ur visa.
He writes me a ticket and thats it. As easy as sleeping.

4 those in the university, About the docs, u need ur transcript(not necessarily but will help u prove ur in uni.), and an intro letter.
U need ur birth cert., wasssce/sssce with 4 passes inluding English and core maths, ur medical report and police report.
And ur passport and 2 passport pics(2" by 2")
u'l need 3 normal passport pics for ur medicals @ akai house, the medicals cost 308 cedis.
The police report can only be done at the headquarters in accra and is 20cedis.
wow Seandelli, this is just marvellous. I am seriously overwhelmed. we thank the Almighty God for the Success. by the way I am also on KNUST Campus as a TA. can you email me your contact on fyeboah1@gmail.com for us to get to know each other better? thanks a lot for the post.

Dear Forumites,

One love
we thank God cos he has better things in the future for you. all d best in obamaland. hoping to join you so much pretty soon. I say we're going to turn obamaland into gh.

Thanks be God, everyone of us on this forum will share testimonies like yours. Did the CO take AOS along with the other documents?

No; my AOS did not even get to the CO; The man taking your documents will not take it as part of the docs.