• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Guys, this place is getting quiet, what's going on? Anyone having his/her interview soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning..

Dear people,
whose interview is next? Ammeck is right.. This place is becoming too quiet..
Anyways,i am planning of leaving alone to new york this december , survey the place,know my way around,secure a job... If possible,study for a short course... Then at the end of march,come down and take my son to join me. The 6mth visa wld expire in april so he cld still make it. I want to do this cos my boy is only 2yrs and very much dependent on me. I am a single mum tu so going with him initially wld slow me down a bit. Thus,if i take the lead to know the system a bit,it will benefit me a lot. What do you think people?

Dear people,
Anyways,i am planning of leaving alone to new york this december , survey the place,know my way around,secure a job... If possible,study for a short course... Then at the end of march,come down and take my son to join me. The 6mth visa wld expire in april so he cld still make it. I want to do this cos my boy is only 2yrs and very much dependent on me. I am a single mum tu so going with him initially wld slow me down a bit. Thus,if i take the lead to know the system a bit,it will benefit me a lot. What do you think people?

That is a good idea, wish you success in all your undertakings.

Dear people,
Hello kyerewaa,I think is the right decision.God richly bless you in your endeavours.Go and possess your possessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear people,

That's a well-thought-out decision. But pls make sure you come back to pick my nephew, importance attached. God be with you, my sister. Peace unto u! Benniit

Dear people,

Kyerewaa,
What about buying two return tickets for you and your son, entering the US and then when the GC is sorted you can bring him down. In this case when you go back you will have enough time but less than one year though to sort yourself out and then you can come for your son. I think December to March will be a bit too short to sort yourself and be able to bring your son to the US. You even have the option of getting a re-entry permit for him so that he can stay for up to two years. Any thoughts forumites.Stay Blessed.

Hi Kyerewaa, I think DonKay is making a lot of sense. It will be too short to find your feet in three months. You can take him along, activate your GC and both of you familiarise your self in NY- which I can assure you will be a great experience-bring him back in March if you chose. Then go back and firmly secure yourself,and pick him back a year or two when by that time you will be standing on your feet.......well this is my personal opinion.

Hi Kyerewaa, I think DonKay is making a lot of sense. It will be too short to find your feet in three months. You can take him along, activate your GC and both of you familiarise your self in NY- which I can assure you will be a great experience-bring him back in March if you chose. Then go back and firmly secure yourself,and pick him back a year or two when by that time you will be standing on your feet.......well this is my personal opinion.

Hello Kyerewaa,
i do support the ideas of my brothers and i personally think this will create a lot of room for you to be fully stable against any up coming circumstances. but then the decision is yours and also pray about it for spiritual guidance as well.

Kyerewaa, Iam too faced with a similar situation,Iam a single mother and was thinking of the same thing.
When lam finally thro with the interview, God willing,; I take my three year old daughter with me to New york, activate our GC, then bring her back home. I can then go back,look for a job before coming for her, but I don't know how long one is allowed to stay outside Usa, or re-entry permit determines period?

Kyerewaa, Iam too faced with a similar situation,Iam a single mother and was thinking of the same thing.
When lam finally thro with the interview, God willing,; I take my three year old daughter with me to New york, activate our GC, then bring her back home. I can then go back,look for a job before coming for her, but I don't know how long one is allowed to stay outside Usa, or re-entry permit determines period?

U are allow to stay outside US for 6months, if u av any serious reason to stay out beyond dat time, den u av to contact the embassy b4 the xpiration of the 6months.

Dear people,

My sister, my can did words to u, God made u win the dvlottery out of millions of entry, He made u successful in the interview, He is fully aware of ur position, hear me, He did not bring u dis far to abandon u, tell Him ur problems and He will make a way 4 u. Take sometime, pray to God, gather some money, travel wit ur son and leave the rest to God. That child is a gift to u, not a problem, so ur gift must stay wit u in ny. Godbless u and perfect ur plans.

Kyerewaa,
What about buying two return tickets for you and your son, entering the US and then when the GC is sorted you can bring him down. In this case when you go back you will have enough time but less than one year though to sort yourself out and then you can come for your son. I think December to March will be a bit too short to sort yourself and be able to bring your son to the US. You even have the option of getting a re-entry permit for him so that he can stay for up to two years. Any thoughts forumites.Stay Blessed.

hmm... Im more confused now. Well,i will think it through again and see.. Whatever decision i finally make,i wld let you know ok. Thanks a lot people. I appreciate your concerns and suggestions. Hmm... I'll see..

My sister, my can did words to u, God made u win the dvlottery out of millions of entry, He made u successful in the interview, He is fully aware of ur position, hear me, He did not bring u dis far to abandon u, tell Him ur problems and He will make a way 4 u. Take sometime, pray to God, gather some money, travel wit ur son and leave the rest to God. That child is a gift to u, not a problem, so ur gift must stay wit u in ny. Godbless u and perfect ur plans.

Wow! That is very touching Kenny. Thanks for your words of inspiration. Im certainly allowing God to take control. I will continue to go on my knees..

Hello kyerewaa,please don't be confuse. God has given you a spirit of boldness and of sound mind.Go to our father in prayer, has adviced by fellow forumites.You are blessed and highly favoured.

Kyerewaa and Olyn,

My boy is now 10 months old, by the time we relocate to US(Am double sure our visas will go thru) he will be close to 2yrs if my case number is something to go by. To tell you the truth, i have not even thought of leaving him behind or bringing him back once we relocate for a moment. I believe in a God who will not lead where He has not made provision. He has opened a door for you and your children to the US, leave the rest to Him for He surely is able to sustain you all once you land there.