• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

on the 23rd oct 2009, i was passing behind the main admin block of my company wen i met some guyz snapping some pictures. Upon enquiry i was informed it was for the DV program. I then decided to join them. It was my very first time. I had totally fogotten that i had even entered de lottery.
On 5th may 2010 whilst driving home after a hectic day at work, i had a call frm ma dad that i have a letter home from kentucky consular center. I tried casting ma mind back it was there n then i remembered havin entered de DV lottery. It was like a dream to me. I called the guy who sized ma pic for me n enquired if he had gotten any such letter But he said no.
Exactly a year down here i find maself with an immigrant visa stucked in ma passport with this yellow envelope also in ma hand.
All that i can say is GLORY BE UNTO HIM THE MOST HIGH. Am so grateful

Congratulations, glory,power and honour we give to the Most High God - Jehova is His name. All the best.

my dear people... Sorry for the delay in releasing the good news ! We made it people!! We waited for quite a long time but it was worth every sec! We walked home with our visas. Mick and i met and had a good talk. Hmm.. It was all smiles sighs of relief. I praise God for this favour and i thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. God will meet each and everyone at the point of your needs. Amen!

Congratulations, God is faithful and we give Him all the glory.

Hello House,

Is good to know that you guys are keeping the fire burning in the house. To those who are yet to go for their interview be assured that as far as this house is concern nobody is a loser. All the best to you all.

Yankeboy

Hi Folks,
This is my first time on this forum and will liketo thank the good people who keep this forum going for such a wonderful thread.
I want the house to help my brother who has this perculiar situation:
My brother was denial entry to the US over a year ago with the reason that he overstayed on previous visit.
Now the wife have won dv2011 with a CN around 25000. Now these are his questions.
1, Can he file for a waiver?
2, Does this has the potential of her wife been denied the visa?
3,What document has he to present and should he start the filing now?

Lets hear the house,

Yankeboy.....

It seems as if your brother has been banned from the US, the length of the ban (3-10 years to permanent) will depend on how long he overstayed and other factors. I do not know if any waivers can be filed to help him but again this will depend on how much time is left on the ban among other things.
His wife I believe can go ahead and apply for the visa since she is the principal and has no bans, however she must be prepared to migrate without him and file for him to join her when his ban is up.
I would suggest getting the opinion of an immigration lawyer.

Hi all,
I am a little confused with this whole thing about "intent to immigrant"...So I am a dvlottery winner 2011 but I already have a 5 year US visa and only been there for 2 weeks so obviously did not overstay. Can I visit the US from now till the time my interview is up ? ... Also will there be an issue at my interview because I have a visitor's visa and applied for the dvlottery?... All comments will be appreciated...arrhhh still have no idea how to do this signature things...will figure it out and put my case number and other details up...

weldone guys for ur good work is so amazing.By the way i live in UK with my wife and my 1yr old son.My concern is that we have to come home for ur interview as we dont have a stay here. We both came on a visit and didnt return back.I do have SSSCE as my highest education but quiet worried as whether we will get the visa or not if we take the risk of coming home.Pls experience members and friends i need ur advice pls help am really confuse and due to this have even not send my forms to Kcc yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I am a little confused with this whole thing about "intent to immigrant"...So I am a dvlottery winner 2011 but I already have a 5 year US visa and only been there for 2 weeks so obviously did not overstay. Can I visit the US from now till the time my interview is up ? ... Also will there be an issue at my interview because I have a visitor's visa and applied for the dvlottery?... All comments will be appreciated...arrhhh still have no idea how to do this signature things...will figure it out and put my case number and other details up...

hi mmmoney in answering your questions; yes u can visit the US anytime from now till wen your interview is due. secondaly there's going to be no issues with regards to the fact that u have a vistor's visa and have applied for the dv lottery. i had a visitor's visa 2 months before i went for my interview. during my interview for the dv visa, nothing was asked about that. infact i believe that it is even an advantage for u for u to have previously secured a a visitor's visa.

about thse signature, go to the top of the page u will see settings, click on it and u can edit ur signature there.
thanks and wishing u de best

weldone guys for ur good work is so amazing.By the way i live in UK with my wife and my 1yr old son.My concern is that we have to come home for ur interview as we dont have a stay here. We both came on a visit and didnt return back.I do have SSSCE as my highest education but quiet worried as whether we will get the visa or not if we take the risk of coming home.Pls experience members and friends i need ur advice pls help am really confuse and due to this have even not send my forms to Kcc yet.

Kwaku wats ur case no. ? U dnt av to keep ur forms, if u are using education as basis of qualification then u dnt av any problem, questions may be ask from ur ssce expecially frm dos subject u scored high grade, and since u ar married u should be able to prove to the co that ur marriage is not fake, by providing ur marriage cert and enuf photographs of ur marriage ceremony. Its not that difficult if u commit it to God, rememaer without Him, we ar nothing but failure.

Wat do u think?

A friend's interview dat is on the 27th of December, now, dat 27th is a monday, which is suppose to be a public holiday in nigeria. Do u think the embassy will conduct the interview dat day?

A friend's interview dat is on the 27th of December, now, dat 27th is a monday, which is suppose to be a public holiday in nigeria. Do u think the embassy will conduct the interview dat day?

They dont conduct interviews on public holidays but i would advice ur friend to go there on that day to be sure

They dont conduct interviews on public holidays but i would advice ur friend to go there on that day to be sure

Additionally, I think you should go to the embassy a day before the public holiday for enquiries. Peace! Benniit

Additionally, I think you should go to the embassy a day before the public holiday for enquiries. Peace! Benniit

thanks Omena and Benniit. Going to the embassy sounds ok, @ benniit d day b4 d interview day is a sunday so its not possible. I actually adviced her to contact the embassy by email or visit to notify them.

thanks Omena and Benniit. Going to the embassy sounds ok, @ benniit d day b4 d interview day is a sunday so its not possible. I actually adviced her to contact the embassy by email or visit to notify them.

Hi,
let him go to d embassy on the Friday b4 the holidays and make enquiries.
He will most likely be given a new date for d interview, after the holidays.

Hi forumites. Congrats to all those that had successful interview. I pray that God will see those of us remaining thru. I need solution on this issue. Last year 29 May to be precise i did my traditional marriage/wine carrying. As the tradition in Igbo land demands. I did not wed until 1st of May this year. So the issue is on marriage date which is MAY 2010. But i filled married on my E-DV entry last year. And i dont have any document about my traditional marriage last year. Except for the medical test result we did on January 2009 b4 the T-Marriage. I had already used the 20l0 date on the DS 230 on my forms that i sent to KCC. What should i have done in this issue or what should i do next?

Hi kwaku,

I understand how you and your family are feeling. To start with, make sure you fill and send the forms to KCC asap. Remember SSSCE is the minimum qualification for an applicant who will use education as a basis of qualification so if you have that and you pass English and math’s believe me you are already through. If your marriage is genuine, just make sure you gather enough evidence of your marriage and you will be okay. Please make sure you send the forms whilst you think of other things and don't hesitate to get in torch if you need any advice.

Job Aquisition

Hi Alexee, congratulations for getting a job as posted in 2010 thread. You should have shared that info with us here as well. There are greater chances coming your way. Peace! Benniit

Anybody for interview this week? Nsiah, are you there? Still in remembrance with you. God's already ordained you. We wait patiently for that success. Peace unto, bro. Benniit

Hi forumites. Congrats to all those that had successful interview. I pray that God will see those of us remaining thru. I need solution on this issue. Last year 29 May to be precise i did my traditional marriage/wine carrying. As the tradition in Igbo land demands. I did not wed until 1st of May this year. So the issue is on marriage date which is MAY 2010. But i filled married on my E-DV entry last year. And i dont have any document about my traditional marriage last year. Except for the medical test result we did on January 2009 b4 the T-Marriage. I had already used the 20l0 date on the DS 230 on my forms that i sent to KCC. What should i have done in this issue or what should i do next?

Wat did u fill wen u were applying becos its obvious u did ur traditional marriage b4 appying, did u not register ur marriage in the court.