• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Dear Members of the forum,

I trust that you are all keeping well by God’s grace.

Please I have a friend who is also a selectee for the DV 2011. Whiles completing her forms to KCC, she stated the name and address of the person she will be staying with (whiles in the US) as her petitioner. She submitted her forms about 2 months ago. Could this disqualify her from being issued the visa? Can something she can do at this point?

This is quite confusing as I came across a page on the net that says:

“In the first place all the DV Lottery winners must provide a petitioner and the person's address in the visa application forms. If it is necessary you can get an affidavit of support from another person who was not listed initially in the visa application form….”

Could someone kindly throw more light on this for me so that I can advice my friend accordingly?

Thanks very much in advance

Millie

Dear Members of the forum,

I trust that you are all keeping well by God’s grace.

Please I have a friend who is also a selectee for the DV 2011. Whiles completing her forms to KCC, she stated the name and address of the person she will be staying with (whiles in the US) as her petitioner. She submitted her forms about 2 months ago. Could this disqualify her from being issued the visa? Can something she can do at this point?

This is quite confusing as I came across a page on the net that says:

“In the first place all the DV Lottery winners must provide a petitioner and the person's address in the visa application forms. If it is necessary you can get an affidavit of support from another person who was not listed initially in the visa application form….”

Could someone kindly throw more light on this for me so that I can advice my friend accordingly?

Thanks very much in advance

Millie

She is the petitioner and therefore she should just send an email to KCC to change it if she is not current yet. I made the same mistake and I emailed them to change it.

Fellow DV selectees, looking at my case number and the time I posted the forms, could my interview be scheduled for January or February?

Yes onasis
checking from the visa bulletin showing i think you are likely to be current in either of those two months or even earlier. stay blessed and trust in the Lord to grant you a peaceful, successful interview when the time comes.

Hi everyone,
I have no immunization records. Apart from Polio,Diptheria, measles and BCG, i am not sure whether i have ever been immunized for chickenpox and other mandatory vaccines. Can one go to a good reputable hospital and have immunization for the other diseases done just to cut on the cost of the interview medical exam? Has anyone in the forum done this? Pliz advice.

Yes onasis
checking from the visa bulletin showing i think you are likely to be current in either of those two months or even earlier. stay blessed and trust in the Lord to grant you a peaceful, successful interview when the time comes.

Thanx Popescandy1

Hi everyone,
I have no immunization records. Apart from Polio,Diptheria, measles and BCG, i am not sure whether i have ever been immunized for chickenpox and other mandatory vaccines. Can one go to a good reputable hospital and have immunization for the other diseases done just to cut on the cost of the interview medical exam? Has anyone in the forum done this? Pliz advice.

If you know the kind of vaccinations you have to take at Akai or the other hospital, you can have them in any other place and take the records with you to the medical exams. The less vaccinations you receive at the medical exams, the less you have to pay.

DonKay, Congrats on the interview success.

There is somewhere i am not getting. Were visas for the 4 of you, that is you and your family?

Ready to goooooooooooooo!!!

Geez, I have been able to gather all my documents and i'm now waiting for my D-day which is abt 3-4 weeks away.
So Far i have gathered the ff;
  1. Birth Cert
  2. BECE Cert
  3. SSCE Cert
  4. Police Reports
  5. Medical Reports
  6. 1 x Passport Photograph
  7. Affidavit of Support
  8. Tax Returns of last 3 years from Sponsor
  9. University Degree

Is there anything I will need to add more to it?

All the best to all fellow winners current in October.
Onyame b3di y'as3m ama y3n!

Geez, I have been able to gather all my documents and i'm now waiting for my D-day which is abt 3-4 weeks away.
So Far i have gathered the ff;
  1. Birth Cert
  2. BECE Cert
  3. SSCE Cert
  4. Police Reports
  5. Medical Reports
  6. 1 x Passport Photograph
  7. Affidavit of Support
  8. Tax Returns of last 3 years from Sponsor
  9. University Degree

Is there anything I will need to add more to it?

All the best to all fellow winners current in October.
Onyame b3di y'as3m ama y3n!

stmykael
that's an impressive list right there! I think you're pretty much on track with your docs. You might wanna spend time reading through the various interview experiences just to get into the mood. All the best and I believe come 21 October you'll be smiling by His grace. Cheers.

yes, I think so too.

I am looking forward to registering for dv 2012! To the dv winners...when filling in the online registration form, what do you write in the areas you have no information to give...N/A OR does one just leave the spaces blank. would appreciate a response. Thanks

I went to technical school i did instalation, principles and practicals and i only made through the practicals and did pass the installations and principle so i want to ask is there possibilities of me qualifying for the visa at the day of my interview and recieving my visa .

I went to technical school i did instalation, principles and practicals and i only made through the practicals and did pass the installations and principle so i want to ask is there possibilities of me qualifying for the visa at the day of my interview and recieving my visa .

Kofiprah, do you have SSCE certificate? If you do then that should be good enough to qualify you through education. cheers.

Are you guys recalling Immano in your prayers, as he has just a day to go?
? Lord, hear our prayers for this chap. We trust in You. Peace! Benniit

yes, I think so too.

I am looking forward to registering for dv 2012! To the dv winners...when filling in the online registration form, what do you write in the areas you have no information to give...N/A OR does one just leave the spaces blank. would appreciate a response. Thanks

reality, normally leaving those spaces blank would do the trick but those people might think you forgot to fill and therefore it is much appropriate and safe to use N/A.

reality, normally leaving those spaces blank would do the trick but those people might think you forgot to fill and therefore it is much appropriate and safe to use N/A.

thanks Popescandy1!

I have a degree and currently pursuing a MSc which I have not completed. What do I tick in the education section of the dv online registration form..."University Degree" OR "Some Graduate Level Courses"?

Dear All,

My second letter has arrived in Ghana. I've had it scanned to me. I left Ghana for Canada for Master's program. While leaving Ghana I did contact to effect the changes on my relocated address in Ghana. but was told it was late cos my 2nd nl was on its way to Ghana. I'm scheduled for an interview on October 18 in Accra but due to academic reasons I cannot make. I was asked to contact the US Embassy in Accra. I've done that thru an email but they've not got back to me.

Please, Wonderful People in the House, what should I do now bcos am worried. I can't let this opportunity go down the drain.

Hello house of success; could someone please post the vaccinations needed for the medical test so we can take them before the medicals; i heard the medicals costs less if u take few vaccinations during the medicals itself, and more if you have none taken; thanx