• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

1. Can someone kindly tell me the documents my sponsor has to send me from abroad?

2. I cannot find my birth certificate, as I have looked for it for so long, what should I do now? Please advise me. Thanks in advance

Ghazi,
the documents your sponsor has to submit is call the affidavit of support and these are the things that it should entail
1. The affidavit of support form I-134.
2. Sponsors pay statements.
3. Letter from sponsor's employer, stating length of employment and salary.
4. Internal revenue service transcript for two years ( that is depending on your case number, either 2009 & 2008 or 2009 & 2010 )
5. 1040 federal tax returns and W2 wage statements ( or Schedule C if self-employed ) for two years ( i.e depending on your case number.

And also about your Birth Certificate, i think the best thing you can do is for you to go back to the hospital in which you were born and see if they can make necessary arrangements for you to get a new one.

guys i went through the processes for the police report and medical at the holy trinity medical centre.

it was tedious for the medicals. went to de hospital at 10.30 left there at 2pm. the staff there are not committed at all. had to take some for painful shots of injections and also strip naked for a doctor to physically examine me.

but hey am glad am through. results in 2 weeks time

Laughing!

guys i went through the processes for the police report and medical at the holy trinity medical centre.

it was tedious for the medicals. went to de hospital at 10.30 left there at 2pm. the staff there are not committed at all. had to take some for painful shots of injections and also strip naked for a doctor to physically examine me.

oh my! I just cant stop laughing o.. I mean about the stripping stuff.. Ha ha.. Ba hey,its over and done with. I also did my medical today at akai house. I think the stress is everywhere o.. I got there at 9.45am and left around 2.10pm! Can u imagine! Luckily for me,i was not asked to strip. Man! The injections are so painful (not as labour anyways.. Ha ha..). I have to go again later for another shot. I was asked to phone in two weeks time by which time it would be ready. They would then tell when to come and pick it based on ur date of interview. Hmm... It sure will be over some day. God dey,we dey!

Stmykael, what did u take along to the medicals?
Stripped naked, huh? Why? They touched your genitals? Has it got something to do with medicals? Same@Akai? Pls, enlighten me more. How is the whole process? From 10 am to 2pm? Were u given lunch? What? You'll probably become tired after that! Eh? Ewurade gye ye! Asomdwe! Benniit.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my! I just cant stop laughing o.. I mean about the stripping stuff.. Ha ha.. Ba hey,its over and done with. I also did my medical today at akai house. I think the stress is everywhere o.. I got there at 9.45am and left around 2.10pm! Can u imagine! Luckily for me,i was not asked to strip. Man! The injections are so painful (not as labour anyways.. Ha ha..). I have to go again later for another shot. I was asked to phone in two weeks time by which time it would be ready. They would then tell when to come and pick it based on ur date of interview. Hmm... It sure will be over some day. God dey,we dey!

Hi, Kyerewaa. 10x for updating your signature.
Did Akai do all medicals requested by the embassy? The medicals is really a stress, isn't it? Pls, elaborate more on the process and the things they requested from u. Nhyira nka wo! Peace! Benniit.

i know u will be laughing and i also know the reason why u are laughing.... its all fun anyway. once we decided to get ourselves involved in this DV process, we should brace ourselves for watever eventualities that may arise.

anyways kudos Kyerewaa for completing your medicals. our troubles shall not be in vain.

Stmykael, what did u take along to the medicals?
Stripped naked, huh? Why? They touched your genitals? Has it got something to do with medicals? Same@Akai? Pls, enlighten me more. How is the whole process? From 10 am to 2pm? Were u given lunch? What? You'll probably become tired after that! Eh? Ewurade gye ye! Asomdwe! Benniit.

well i took along my passport, an amount of 370ghc, 4 passport pictures and my 2nd NL to the medical centre. first i pay your fees, after which i underwent an eye test. when that was done i went in to see the panel physician/doctor who took me through a long checklist(answering yes or no to certain questions on your medical history) after which he instructed me to go behind the screen and strip naked. he touched various parts of my body, massaged an smooched wherever he wanted freely nad finally asked me to dress up.

the next activity was the x-ray. after that i went for some shots of vaccinations. they asked me to fill my tummy with some heavy food before i took those shots and that delayed me alot. the vaccinations included four shots for measles, hep b, tetanol and chicken pox.

the last test was the lab, where blood and stool samples are taken.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER
For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 12,000
Except: Egypt 9,300
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000

ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

Stay blessed Bennit, ýou are definetely current in December. Start preparing.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER
For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 12,000
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000

ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
OCEANIA 650

Thanks, bro. God will not let us down and will surely make away for us. Peace! Benniit

Procedure

Hi, Kyerewaa. 10x for updating your signature.
Did Akai do all medicals requested by the embassy? The medicals is really a stress, isn't it? Pls, elaborate more on the process and the things they requested from u. Nhyira nka wo! Peace! Benniit.

well, i went with my son and we were asked for my passport and 3passport pix after filling a form. I was then to wait to be called which took an hour. My BP,height and weight were then taken to fill some other forms. We were then asked an initial payment of 229.We had to wait again for about 30min so see de doc. He took me through series of questions and then checked my heartbeat and palpitated my abdomen. I was then asked to do the lab where my blood was drawn for syphilis. Then,i went to do the xray. I was asked to pay another 220 for the vaccination for my son and I. We would go later for some other shots for which we will pay 258.. So.. There.. Thats what happened my bro.

well, i went with my son and we were asked for my passport and 3passport pix after filling a form. I was then to wait to be called which took an hour. My BP,height and weight were then taken to fill some other forms. We were then asked an initial payment of 229.We had to wait again for about 30min so see de doc. He took me through series of questions and then checked my heartbeat and palpitated my abdomen. I was then asked to do the lab where my blood was drawn for syphilis. Then,i went to do the xray. I was asked to pay another 220 for the vaccination for my son and I. We would go later for some other shots for which we will pay 258.. So.. There.. Thats what happened my bro.

Thanks, my sister. Blood sample for syphillis alone? No HIV test? That's surprising! Thanks very much for the info. Peace! Benniit

Thanks, my sister. Blood sample for syphillis alone? No HIV test? That's surprising! Thanks very much for the info. Peace! Benniit

Well Ben, that is what i was told so i am not so sure. You see,when u read the instructions on the medical, the blood test is written as ' syphilis/HIV' . So what do you think? What does the slash mean? Does it stand for 'and' or it means 'or' ?

AFRICA 12,000
Ethiopia 11,000
Nigeria 10,000

ASIA 10,750
EUROPE 12,500
OCEANIA 650

House,
is this bulletin trying to suggest that things might not go as fast as we thought or what?. because from my point of view it seems the cut-off point for November is just too low.

Well Ben, that is what i was told so i am not so sure. You see,when u read the instructions on the medical, the blood test is written as ' syphilis/HIV' . So what do you think? What does the slash mean? Does it stand for 'and' or it means 'or' ?

Folks HIV status no longer bars a person from processing the DV. It has been removed from the list.

Folks, with the November visa bulletin, do u think I'll be current in December? Though, I sent my forms late, my first nl was also dated late, as u can see from my sig. Could that enlongate my interview date? Peace! Benniit

Folks, with the November visa bulletin, do u think I'll be current in December? Though, I sent my forms late, my first nl was also dated late, as u can see from my sig. Could that enlongate my interview date? Peace! Benniit

Bennit,
Bennit you have always been prayerful and I advice that you continue to do that. There is no need to be anxious at this time. Even if its that bad, you'll definately get a date in January. But I believe that more submitting your docs more that three months before you number becomes current is enough to guarantee you an interview. Last year I received my 1st NL in June and submitted in November but I had an interview even though my CN was very very high. You don't need to be worried. Just go on with your preparations.

Bennit,
Bennit you have always been prayerful and I advice that you continue to do that. There is no need to be anxious at this time. Even if its that bad, you'll definately get a date in January. But I believe that more submitting your docs more that three months before you number becomes current is enough to guarantee you an interview. Last year I received my 1st NL in June and submitted in November but I had an interview even though my CN was very very high. You don't need to be worried. Just go on with your preparations.

Thanx, bro. Peace! Benniit

Bennit,

Donkay ur day of victory is come and u shall surely sing ur victory song in Jesus name. Ur case can not and will not be different. Gudluk bro.