• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Guys sorry for being away for this long. I have to urgently attend to other aspect of my life which I put on hold over two months before my interview. I have to travel over a long distance and internet links were very bad. I have scanned through all the comments and contributions and thank you all for your words of encouragement. I strongly believe in God and it is only Him who directs and the best of direction is His. Whatever happens I know would be to my own goodness. God is in full control. I SHALL WAIT FOR HIS TIME.

My only worry however is that I can't travel out of the country as I had planned since my passport is with the Embassy. I have no way of knowing when I will get it back. My little research points to the fact that it could take weeks and months and with the nature of my job, I have to travel a lot of times.

Yet still I have no choice but to wait and wait for GOD'S CALL.

God is in control, your call is on the way! Stay blessed.

January bulletin

January cut-off;
Africa
Except;
Egypt-16,000.
Ethiopia- 13,200.
Nigeria- 12,100.
Asia
Europe
Gudluck to those current.

January cut-off;
Africa
Except;
Egypt-16,000.
Ethiopia- 13,200.
Nigeria- 12,100.
Asia- 13,300.
Europe- 15,400
Gudluck to those current.

Last year, the December cut-offs for Africa and Nigeria was 23,400 and 12,900 respectively. Looking at these numbers, there has been a fall in the cut-offs figures for Africa except Ethiopia. Hope it will improve during the later visa bulletins.

The Lord will do.

Guys sorry for being away for this long. I have to urgently attend to other aspect of my life which I put on hold over two months before my interview. I have to travel over a long distance and internet links were very bad. I have scanned through all the comments and contributions and thank you all for your words of encouragement. I strongly believe in God and it is only Him who directs and the best of direction is His. Whatever happens I know would be to my own goodness. God is in full control. I SHALL WAIT FOR HIS TIME.

My only worry however is that I can't travel out of the country as I had planned since my passport is with the Embassy. I have no way of knowing when I will get it back. My little research points to the fact that it could take weeks and months and with the nature of my job, I have to travel a lot of times.

Yet still I have no choice but to wait and wait for GOD'S CALL.

Fear not! God's ways are full of mysteries, which we do not understand. We'll not forget u in our daily prayers. Rest assured, they'll surely call you in the Mighty name of Jesus. Peace! Benniit

Last year, the December cut-offs for Africa and Nigeria was 23,400 and 12,900 respectively. Looking at these numbers, there has been a fall in the cut-offs figures for Africa except Ethiopia. Hope it will improve during the later visa bulletins.

It looks like the visa numbers available in these regions have not been exausted that is why. They have even predicted that it could further retrogress. Let us join hands in prayer so that those with higher CNs will be current before the fiscal year ends. I stand to be corrected if am wrong anyway...

hi guyz. Sorry for being absent in the forum. I have been monitoring the various posts just that i haven't being putting up posts.

Hope with the current bulletin out ,the guyz who are current are seriously preparing for their interviews. Please make sure u leave no stone unturned.

God shall see us all through. To Nsiah never lose hope. I believe at god's appropriate time everything will be alright for u.

Hi guys, looking at the wonderful post by Kennyeast, I think I will be Current in January looking at the shhot up. But I have a problem I delayed in posting the letter back to KCC and in this case, what will happen to me on my case. hope all guys are coooool and kicking. gudluck to those current including myself. thanks a lot

Hi guys, looking at the wonderful post by Kennyeast, I think I will be Current in January looking at the shhot up. But I have a problem I delayed in posting the letter back to KCC and in this case, what will happen to me on my case. hope all guys are coooool and kicking. gudluck to those current including myself. thanks a lot

Frank ur cn is current 4 january but due to d delay in sendin ur forms, an interview dat would be schedule 4 u as soon as they complete the processin of ur case, this i think could take up to 8wks, just pray dat they ar able to finish processin on time, if not ur interview might come up in febuary. U do not av any problem. Goodluck!

Hi Nsiah; i wanted to ask how long you spent at the embassy, or better yet, roughly what time you left the embassy. This is because my appointment time is the same as yours was and i just wanna know how much time i will spend there. Anyone else who has had their interview can share some light on this. thanx to you all

I contacted KCC to find out the status of my case and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your case number is now current for interview processing. You may contact KCC after 7 to 10 business days for information about a possible interview date. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive a notification letter from KCC."

I want to entreat those current in January to do same.

I wish to change the address I intend to live during my stay, is it too late to do that. Especially, now that my case is current. Please help me.

I contacted KCC to find out the status of my case and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your case number is now current for interview processing. You may contact KCC after 7 to 10 business days for information about a possible interview date. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive a notification letter from KCC."

I want to entreat those current in January to do same.

That's good for you, my brother. I sent them an email ysdy and I'm to receive a reply. Maybe, I will receive the same msg. from them. Peace! Benniit

Hi Nsiah; i wanted to ask how long you spent at the embassy, or better yet, roughly what time you left the embassy. This is because my appointment time is the same as yours was and i just wanna know how much time i will spend there. Anyone else who has had their interview can share some light on this. thanx to you all

The time you spend at the Embassy normally would depend on the number of people whose case would be called up before you and the length of your interview questions. But if your interview time is 7.30am you should at latest leave the embassy by 11am. Good luck

I wish to change the address I intend to live during my stay, is it too late to do that. Especially, now that my case is current. Please help me.

Take the new address with you to the interview and inform the consular officer you want to change your address. He will gladly change it for you.

On the 15th October last month, I emailed KCC to know the status of my application; the reply was:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. If you are scheduled for an interview, you will receive a notification letter via postal mail from KCC. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

I have allowed the several weeks to pass and contacted them on the 15 of this month (November) and the reply they gave me is below:

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January below 20,900. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

What do they really mean as the first reply was, they are currently working on the forms and now the forms are acceptable for processing? So, didn't they accept the forms before working on them initially? Guys, when do you think I should email them again? It will not be advisable for me to wait until the 15th of next month before contacting them, as I think my interview will be in January. I think it should be less than that. Please, advise me. Peace! Benniit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bennit,
From what I have been observing, KCC gives infomation on scheduled interview dates starting from the 16th - 19th of the month found two months prior to the interview month. For eg. if the interview is in January, they give information starting from the 16th of November. They will at least advise to contact them after 7-10 working days to give the interview date. From the response they gave u this time, it is clear that your forms are okay for the interview but you are not scheduled for January. Your interview is in February or even in March. The best thing to do is to give them a call after one week. If you are going to be scheduled for February, they will tell you to contact them after the 15th of December. Sending forms late, eventhough not because of one's own faults, causes a significant delay (I saw it on my case.) What I do know, however, is that it is all for our own good. So, take it easy. Waiting is harder than working but got no options. Good luck.

how would i know if am current or not my case number is 2011AF00033XXX.Please help me. i have not yet go for my police records can i receive the second letter before i go for it?

how would i know if am current or not my case number is 2011AF00033XXX.Please help me. i have not yet go for my police records can i receive the second letter before i go for it?

You can know if ur case number is current or not by checking at the monthly visa bulletin at the travel.state.gov web site. Try to see visa bulletins of previous years to have some idea about the possible month of ur interview. Good luck.

On the 15th October last month, I emailed KCC to know the status of my application; the reply was:

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. If you are scheduled for an interview, you will receive a notification letter via postal mail from KCC. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

I have allowed the several weeks to pass and contacted them on the 15 of this month (November) and the reply they gave me is below:

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January below 20,900. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

What do they really mean as the first reply was, they are currently working on the forms and now the forms are acceptable for processing? So, didn't they accept the forms before working on them initially? Guys, when do you think I should email them again? It will not be advisable for me to wait until the 15th of next month before contacting them, as I think my interview will be in January. I think it should be less than that. Please, advise me. Peace! Benniit

Benniit, as suggested you have to take it easy. I'm sure because of the delay in sending your forms to KCC (though through no fault of your own), it has delayed your interview. I'm highly optimistic that you may have your interview in Feb, 11. Just be patient.