• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

50 days left for the end of DV2011.

My status update as of today
Called to check on my FP status and it was received and sent back to USCIS the same day of my Biometrics.
Called KCC and asked if my file was requested by the FO, but they still didnt receive any request.

50 days left for the end of DV2011.

My status update as of today
Called to check on my FP status and it was received and sent back to USCIS the same day of my Biometrics.
Called KCC and asked if my file was requested by the FO, but they still didnt receive any request.
I think I am in the same situation as you, as44xxx. My situation is even worst. 3 weeks ago, I had my interview and still my file has not been requested by my FO. I went to an infopass and a IO told me that my file must be there(FO) because I was interviewed and I think she does not know much about DV. But KCC always repeats me to ask my FO to request it. So far there is no update and no decision on my case. Waiting is so difficult. I have another infopass next week. I m so worried.

I think I am in the same situation as you, as44xxx. My situation is even worst. 3 weeks ago, I had my interview and still my file has not been requested by my FO. I went to an infopass and a IO told me that my file must be there(FO) because I was interviewed and I think she does not know much about DV. But KCC always repeats me to ask my FO to request it. So far there is no update and no decision on my case. Waiting is so difficult. I have another infopass next week. I m so worried.

There were a few other cases like yours in the past.
One applicant has started communicating with the FO and KCC by fax (in fact their lawyer did the footwork). The agencies replied to these communications by fax as well. Using the faxes from KCC, they finally convinced the FO to submit the request to KCC.

You may try this approach as well if you do not get anywhere with the new infopass. Maybe ask for a fax number during infopass. But I think getting the reply in writing from KCC that the FO has to request the file was the crucial thing.

There were a few other cases like yours in the past.

One applicant has started communicating with the FO and KCC by fax (in fact their lawyer did the footwork). The agencies replied to these communications by fax as well. Using the faxes from KCC, they finally convinced the FO to submit the request to KCC.

You may try this approach as well if you do not get anywhere with the new infopass. Maybe ask for a fax number during infopass. But I think getting the reply in writing from KCC that the FO has to request the file was the crucial thing.

Thanks a lot baobab. What s the fax number of KCC? I hope my FO will give me their fax number. For those who were in the same situation in the past, did they act before interview or after interview? Thanks a lot again.

Call KCC and request. They will tell you that they will email it to you. You might need to follow up with them if you need it urgent.
I called them two weeks ago and I didn't received email for 4 days. I called again and explain the agent that I needed it urgent for filing. Agent said she will see what she can. After a few hours, I got the receipt in the email.
Good luck.

So I can't seem to find my DV lottery receipt anywhere.......... I can't remember if I send it along with my package and I do not have a copy of it either. Is this a major problem? I mean USCIS would know if I paid or not by contacting KCC right? I've read that KCC wouldnt even send the file to USCIS if you hadn't paid. So now without the stamped receipt would the IO denied me? To have AOS denied because of a receipt would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Thanks a lot baobab. What s the fax number of KCC? I hope my FO will give me their fax number. For those who were in the same situation in the past, did they act before interview or after interview? Thanks a lot again.

Salomon, sorry, I do not have their fax number. You can try giving KCC a call and asking them for it. If that does not work, you should send a PM to Enviro to ask for it. He was the one who used this method.

He had to do this before his interview as his FO would not schedule an interview without the file, but there is no reason that one could not use the same method after the interview.
What is your FO if you do not mind?

For reference these are the relevant posts:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only&p=2267175#post2267175
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only&p=2268338#post2268338
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only&p=2270803#post2270803

How to do Walk in Bio?

Can anyone tell me how to do walk in bio? Thanks in advance.
Is there any requirement to do walk in?

Can anyone tell me how to do walk in bio? Thanks in advance.
Is there any requirement to do walk in?

You have to wait for your appointment letter. Once you get your letter, you can try to go earlier than your scheduled date. Bring the documents that they require in the appointment letter, usually your passport. Most of the time they will let you in. You should think of some good excuse though in case that they ask you. You should strongly consider walk-in bio considering that the end of the fiscal year is close.

Until you receive your appointment letter you cannot do anything.

My advice for you is to start reading through this thread from the very beginning or at least from the posts around September 2010. You will have a much better understanding of the process.

Thanks Baobab . Now I think I no longer need to use fax. I called KCC today and learned that my file was sent on 08-09 to my FO. I hope a decision will be made soon on my case. According to some people it takes at least a week to get on IO hands.

Thanks Baobab . Now I think I no longer need to use fax. I called KCC today and learned that my file was sent on 08-09 to my FO 3 weeks after my interview. I hope a decision will be made soon on my case. According to some people it takes at least a week to get on IO hands

Where is everyone!!!

Yoni
contented
chance1
twlim1
changeadd
rayoubi
freedom
feed34

whats happening with your cases???

Hi all,

I applied for DV-2011 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm in Australia - and I'm hoping and praying to hear very soon. I currently have a B Visa... will I be required to apply for a change of status or do I just apply do the DS-122 and whatever else is required?

Thanks

Hi,

Just wait for their message a couple of months or just try to check it again to their office. That kind of visa will take long for process.

visa requirements for usa

hi, guys!I am in trouble, bc i can't find anybody who could sign me affidavit of support...I will be able to get job letter, but i don't have w-2forms or tax returns cause i was on student visa all this time..i am very worried...can you tell me if they can deny my case if i don't have a sponsor??thank you!

I received and email from USCIS that USPS reported that my card was delivered on August 13 directly to my home address. I'm GREEN but I am now out of town and can't check my mailbox! haha :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!! Means we are not alone with so long waiting time and have a chance to finish in time, after almost 5 monthes of waiting. Enjoy your new status. Good luck!
I received and email from USCIS that USPS reported that my card was delivered on August 13 directly to my home address. I'm GREEN but I am now out of town and can't check my mailbox! haha :D

Status Update

my file was transfered to the Cleveland FO on August 11th.
So far iam the only one doing AOS in the state of Ohio.
Lets hope Cleveland FO treats DV cases the same way Detroit does....:)

Anyone heard from Yoni????
I noticed that his signature is not there anymore
Also i noticed that his infromation was deleted from the timeline excel sheet we keep...

anyone have any news about Yoni??

She/ or he have changed the name for more success.
Missing Yoni.:confused:
Anyone heard from Yoni????
I noticed that his signature is not there anymore
Also i noticed that his infromation was deleted from the timeline excel sheet we keep...

anyone have any news about Yoni??

I finally got my bio letter for Aug 31.
On the letter it says,
(To process your application, the U. S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics.
PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.)

Does it standard for every letter?
Does anyone done walk in bio in Houston Northwest ASC?

Thanks

You have to wait for your appointment letter. Once you get your letter, you can try to go earlier than your scheduled date. Bring the documents that they require in the appointment letter, usually your passport. Most of the time they will let you in. You should think of some good excuse though in case that they ask you. You should strongly consider walk-in bio considering that the end of the fiscal year is close.

Until you receive your appointment letter you cannot do anything.

My advice for you is to start reading through this thread from the very beginning or at least from the posts around September 2010. You will have a much better understanding of the process.