• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Another point for the DV team at the Detroit Field Office:D :D :D :D

I went today to get my Biometrics taken at the Detroit Field office.
My original scdhuled bio appointment was for 8/22.
I arrived today 8/4 at around 8:25am
Prayed, Prayed and prayed Then Left my car around 8:35
One lady was ahead of me in line and noone else was behind me.
Security guard was nice, checked my ID, asked me what i was there for and pointed where i should go.
I walked in and a nice lady at the desk asked me for my letter and my id and asked me what i was there for. So i replied biometrics, then she looked at the date and asked me why I couldnt make it on the 22nd?
I answered that i "had a dental surgery and showed her my appointment card"
She told me that they dont do walkin biometrics and it states that in the letter but she will let me do it since i drove from Ohio. I thanked her kindly and filled up the form then without any wait, a very nice genteman asked me to follow him to an inside office where he got my biometrics, then my pictuer taken. After i was done I asked him if there was a number where i can call and check if it did go through fine. He replied that they will mail me the card from a different office !!!!! I was like sweetttt :cool:!!!! and i thanked him and walked out.

8:50 I was back in my car.

Now could this be true??? will the card be sent without an interview???

Only time will tell my friends....

I kind of agree with youni, The people in the bio office do not know about the process....

However if your FO is Detroit , you will get it for sure without an interview. just check you status on the USCIS website on the first September and you will find it on Card/Document Production........:D :D....

Hi guys, I received my IL for 30 Aug today. However, the EAD card was not delivered to me because I have changed my address. Although I filled up the change of address form, they sent it to the EAD to the address and it was returned to the National Visa Center. It was frustrating to see that the mail forwarding didnt work. I called them today and they changed the address manually for both EAD and I-485. How long do you think it will take them to resend the EAD. I have a job offer that starts at the end of the month and I needed that EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEllo!!

Just a quick question,

for the biometrics, do we go and have it done at the same office as the field office we'll have for our interview or is it some other governmental office in your own town/region?

I am getting so nervous and i cant even sleep at night. Got my confirmation email and text over a week ago and uscis website states that my application was received 2 weeks ago, but so far no NOA letter nor biometrics letter. I keep recalculating to see if everything is going to work out in time, the problem is that the nearest field office is about 8hrs drive from where i am at right now...... i'm thinking of hopping on the next train and getting there the moment i get my biometrics letter for a walk in and hopefully they dont chase me away to come back on the scheduled date.

Man, i really wish i lived in Detroit right now. Any chance of changing to Detroit's field office i wonder. hahah i really dont mind taking a plane to get there even, as long as i get my card :S

Interview Today!

I had my interview today. He asked for my passport and drivers licence. The officer was very nice. He went through all the application package that I was submitted for AOS and repeated some of the questions that I answered them in the application forms. Then he told me that I will receive my GC in 7-10 days. But there are two things:

1) My Case Status still shows "initial review"
2) He didn't take of the I-94 from my passport!

lorrain78

You have some really wrong information ...Please let me clarify to you:

Fact #1) Your F1 status doesnt end when you get your OPT. OPT is a program available to F1 status students. If you get your OPT then you are still considered in your F1 status.

Fact#2) Sending your DSP122, DS230 and paying the 440 DOS fee doesnt not mean you are in the process for AOS. These are all DOS processes and fees. and have nothing to do with USCIS which process AOS cases. Therfore you are not considered in the process for AOS untill you actually send your AOS application I-485 to Chicago.

Fact #3) you can apply for OPT without having any worries that it will cause you problems. You have alot of time before your DV number becomes current.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! That's all the info I needed!

I had my interview today. He asked for my passport and drivers licence. The officer was very nice. He went through all the application package that I was submitted for AOS and repeated some of the questions that I answered them in the application forms. Then he told me that I will receive my GC in 7-10 days. But there are two things:

1) My Case Status still shows "initial review"
2) He didn't take of the I-94 from my passport!

I've seen many members who didn't have their I-94s taken back but went into CPO few days later, you're probably one of those.

Thanks EternalHope! I just received an email form USCIS. The status change to "Card / Document Production". Sounds like it's almost over!

I've seen many members who didn't have their I-94s taken back but went into CPO few days later, you're probably one of those.

Thanks EternalHope! I just received an email form USCIS. The status change to "Card / Document Production". Sounds like it's almost over!

congratulation enfl, you are all set, just wait patiently your GC to be mailed to you............

My I-94 was not taken out either... When I checked some online forums lawyer Sheela Murthy had mentioned that if the I-94 is not taken there is no action that needs to be taken, just take it out of your passport because you no longer need it. Just the passport (unexpired) and greencard for travel.

Thanks!
Did the attempt today to reschedule interview for the earliest day, but they said-NO WAY!!! Also no way to get any information about requested 864 and 134 forms, before the interview.:)
Ok, must relax and wait.
Good luck to everybody, left in our room, hope we have all enough time to finish the process.
:cool:
Hey congrats cybor, good luck.

hi, guys!!my name is Katya and I am doing AOS too from NYC. My number became current in June 2011. I submited my application on 2nd of june, had my fungerprints taken on 19th of July. I am very worried because I still didn't get an interview letter but the deadline is so close. I had an infopass on 2nd of August. They told me that my case is pending, interview is ready to be scheduled and my docs were requested by the local field office....what does it mean "requested", and what should i do to speed up the process???I am so upset and worried!i have another infopass scheduled on 11th of August...How I should behave?
Thank you very much!

Hi katya, it seems that you'll get the interview letter very soon, when your file is requested from KCC it usually means the interview letter is coming. If it'll calm your nerves, just keep going to INFOPASS and ask for a supervisor to help you out.

I hope so....How do I know that my namecheck was cleared? And why would I ask for supervisor? What he can tell me what the officer can't???Can he make an interview appointment?

many times the supervisor knows the situation better than the desk officer. He can't make an interview but he certainly can help you with your case better. They should be able to tell you namecheck status by punching your info into their computers.

hilalff

Did you get your Card yet????

I kind of agree with youni, The people in the bio office do not know about the process....

However if your FO is Detroit , you will get it for sure without an interview. just check you status on the USCIS website on the first September and you will find it on Card/Document Production........:D :D....

Hey hilalff

You will get it. Allow two to three days after PDA. Then you'll have it in your hands. Relax!!!! If not today you'll get it on Monday!!!!!
No, but I am checking my mailbox every 5 minutes, and I am not joking.....:eek: