• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi, Yoni.
Looks like everybody forgot about us at USCIS again. We did not get any news yet as it was promiced. We plan to go again for Infopass this week. Also we did not get any reply from ombudsman. Terrible situation!!!

:mad:
You send you app to chicago lockbox, everything else will be taken care "automatically" for you by USCIS.
Read our forum from page 1 till today.

Yeah...It feels like I came into this office at 12PM, it was in a fully packed office with 50,000 people including myself. And everybody got called in, received service and walk out happy. And I'm still waiting in the hall room and there are only 5 of us left sitting...Time is 5:40PM and the office is closing at 6PM. If you don't get the stuff done till 6PM you're done...
Again,
Everybody was in that office for 15 minutes...and time is now 5:40PM....

Now seriously, I got an email from the ombudsman saying that they are reviewing my request for assistance and either them or USCIS will contact me soon.
Did you also send letters to local congress man and/or your state senators?

It freaks me out that AOS applications received in June-July got ILs and my app from April still not...

Hi, Yoni.
Looks like everybody forgot about us at USCIS again. We did not get any news yet as it was promiced. We plan to go again for Infopass this week. Also we did not get any reply from ombudsman. Terrible situation!!!

:mad:

No, we did not sent any other letters. We think we must try to speak to the local office again. It is very small, looks like they are not so busy, to have no enough time to schedule interview for a week from our last infopass. shall wait one more day, and if NOT again tomorrow, must go there on thursday. Shall try to explain the situation and ask them to do something!!!.
:(
Yeah...It feels like I came into this office at 12PM, it was in a fully packed office with 50,000 people including myself. And everybody got called in, received service and walk out happy. And I'm still waiting in the hall room and there are only 5 of us left sitting...Time is 5:40PM and the office is closing at 6PM. If you don't get the stuff done till 6PM you're done...
Again,

Now seriously, I got an email from the ombudsman saying that they are reviewing my request for assistance and either them or USCIS will contact me soon.

It freaks me out that AOS applications received in June-July got ILs and my app from April still not...

As I understood from reading previous post, that CDP is not the last step in the process, the PDA is??????? that scared me.......maybe they denied my application and they are sending me a denial letter............I know it may sound stupid, but i dont know, i am nervous.........I wont relax until i get the card.................... thx guys.................

yoni and cybor, you guys should do an infopass every week from now on......
I feel your pain guys, you been helping every body responding to every question we post.....

thx and best wishes

Again,

However in the last 20 minutes, they manage to take care of the last 5 people and everybody walked out happy.........the end(Happy ending):D:D

ok problem..... On the interview letter it said bring original diversity visa receipt with original stamp. I seem to have misplaced it............... Did I send it with my AOS package?? I cant remember!!!!!!!

I am planning on doing the walk-in Bio on Thursday...Detroit FO....My excuse is that i have a dental extraction of all my wisdom teeth...Which i really do have an appointment card stating that...and it really is on the same date as my scheduled Bio...

Do you guys think that's a good excuse???
Is going early like 8 or 9 a good time??

it's best to go early when there are alot of ppl around, that way the security guard might just quickly scan your appt letter, otherwise if you're there by yourself the security guard might start asking you lots of questions and give you a hard time.

cybor,
it is cool that you can schedule an infopass today for the next day...I have to schedule about a week forward...
Do you really think that they will move something faster if you visit them? seems to me that if you get any info from them, extremely lucky for you, it is a "read only" info, and nothing from you visiting is even recorded.
Unless of course we can try and ask for a supervisor or something, and then try to explain the situation and request an interview...

No, we did not sent any other letters. We think we must try to speak to the local office again. It is very small, looks like they are not so busy, to have no enough time to schedule interview for a week from our last infopass. shall wait one more day, and if NOT again tomorrow, must go there on thursday. Shall try to explain the situation and ask them to do something!!!.
:(

hilalff,
I bet a million dollars that you got your card in the mail. There is ZERO chance that they denied you...no way! I'm sure there's no reason for denial and even if there was, they would send you a notice of intent to deny...
Add to that the history of the Detroit FO handing GC without interviews....
Relax...you got it....

As I understood from reading previous post, that CDP is not the last step in the process, the PDA is??????? that scared me.......maybe they denied my application and they are sending me a denial letter............I know it may sound stupid, but i dont know, i am nervous.........I wont relax until i get the card.................... thx guys.................

They refer to that piece of paper called PC-160 i think where we filled our names and address and mailed it to them with the $375/440. They put some cheesy date stamp and mailed it back to you.
I hope you sent them the copy, and maybe you sent them the original...in that case, they have it in the file so nothing to worry for you....
Just try to remember if you mailed it, if you did a copy of it....

ok problem..... On the interview letter it said bring original diversity visa receipt with original stamp. I seem to have misplaced it............... Did I send it with my AOS package?? I cant remember!!!!!!!

With my agony waiting for the IL....I'm wondering I would rather go to a dentist vs. waiting for the IL....
hint: I HATE (badly) dentists....

I am planning on doing the walk-in Bio on Thursday...Detroit FO....My excuse is that i have a dental extraction of all my wisdom teeth...Which i really do have an appointment card stating that...and it really is on the same date as my scheduled Bio...

Yoni I can't imagine what it must feel like for you. If I was in your situation I would probably camp outside of the FO in protest, because honest to God there is no reason they should be delaying your application like this.

We can schedule even today for today.)
It is very small FO.
cybor,
it is cool that you can schedule an infopass today for the next day...I have to schedule about a week forward...
Do you really think that they will move something faster if you visit them? seems to me that if you get any info from them, extremely lucky for you, it is a "read only" info, and nothing from you visiting is even recorded.
Unless of course we can try and ask for a supervisor or something, and then try to explain the situation and request an interview...

Do you guys think that's a good excuse???
Is going early like 8 or 9 a good time??

When I did my Bio it was around 9:30- 10:00 and there were few people in the FO.
I think its a good excuse and since you live in Ohio you can tell the lady, at the Bio office, that you are visiting a freind in detroit and it would great if she let you do walkin.

The security guards in Detroit FO dont check your paper... all they do is ask you what your are here for and they will point you to your destination.

Good luck...

Ahhh don't talk to me about dental problems... I think I spent a fortune on my teeth already. If I was you I would schedule another infopass in 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything back... Sorry it must be agonizing, but like you said - good things happen to good people...eventually.. :) keep the faith and hope alive! btw are you a guy or a girl.

With my agony waiting for the IL....I'm wondering I would rather go to a dentist vs. waiting for the IL....
hint: I HATE (badly) dentists....

ssj1, you still remember my phrase from couple weeks ago....
I promise to reveal my gender after I'm done with the process...

Ahhh don't talk to me about dental problems... I think I spent a fortune on my teeth already. If I was you I would schedule another infopass in 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything back... Sorry it must be agonizing, but like you said - good things happen to good people...eventually.. :) keep the faith and hope alive! btw are you a guy or a girl.