• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

So I can't seem to find my DV lottery receipt anywhere.......... I can't remember if I send it along with my package and I do not have a copy of it either. Is this a major problem? I mean USCIS would know if I paid or not by contacting KCC right? I've read that KCC wouldnt even send the file to USCIS if you hadn't paid. So now without the stamped receipt would the IO denied me? To have AOS denied because of a receipt would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Why dont you contact KCC and check with them if they can send you any proof or acknowledgment that you paid the DOS fees? maybe an email from them stating that they received a notice of you paying the DOS fee could help when you go to the interview....If i were you I would send them an email and ask if they heard from DOS about your DV fee payment? this way they will sure respond saying yes they received it...It might help

So I can't seem to find my DV lottery receipt anywhere.......... I can't remember if I send it along with my package and I do not have a copy of it either. Is this a major problem? I mean USCIS would know if I paid or not by contacting KCC right? I've read that KCC wouldnt even send the file to USCIS if you hadn't paid. So now without the stamped receipt would the IO denied me? To have AOS denied because of a receipt would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Good idea. Few months ago I asked KCC to send me another copy of my fee payment receipt, since the original copy became wet in my mailbox. They scanned and sent it to me by email.

You know what, that's an excellent idea, gonna go do that now, thanks as44

My cousin went to united states with B2 visa 3 months and he is given a stay of 3 months at the port of entry

can he change his status to permanent resident or apply for a green card .. his uncles are the owner of 3 stores and naturalized citizens , though he had no cousin to marry , but can he obtain or change his B2 visa to green card permanent resident
by the help of his uncle ..

any way for him to change his status from B2 , he is with his uncles

Guys, I got my interview letter!!!I am so excited!!It will be on 15th of september!!Now I am looking for a sponsor and have some questions: how much he should make?And its written in the list of docs that sponsor should attach to affidavit of support w-2 and tax-returns for CURRENT year...does it mean for the previous??and about medical exams: I sent a sealed envelope together with the rest docs when I submitted application...but they ask me to have it on interview...What to do in this case?thank u very much!

Congratulations Joseph230! I am very happy for you.

Update on my husband's case:

7/30/2011: CPO
8/4/2011:post Decision Notice
8/5/2011: welcome letter received.

So we should be getting the green card pretty soon, if not today or tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Then we will only have to wait for the I-824 which is taking an awful long time...September is around the corner, and I would hate for his daughter to not benefit from my status. They need to be finally reunited since he raised her by himself with the help of his sisters, etc. She just turned 18 last month.

Good luck to all that are having an interview this week.

Hey All,
Last night when I cam home I found an envelope in mailbox and guess what!! I received my Green Card :) YAY

It is a good feeling when you reach to the end with you GC in your hands, I hope everyone here experience it.

I would like to thank you all for making this forum as nice and helpful as it is.

Wish you luck with your cases.

Got my Card today.... I hope you all have the same luck I had ..... I was really lucky.... thanks to all of you guys for your help and support...... ;)

Hi guys,

I just joint the forum. I have been selected for 2012 DV program with perfect case number (kidding) which is AS70xxx. Please accept my apology for posting my question to 2011 AOS forum but you guys are the best experienced to guide me. It is almost the end of fiscal year and as I know the case numbers in 2012 for Asia is very odd. From your one year experience, what do you suggest me to do? Should I leave the US and complete my application from outside like Canada? is it better to hope that I can complete AOS and do what you guys have done? I am on F1 Visa.

If you recommend me to do AOS, please suggest me what to do (like send packages early and hope they wont sent it back). I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hey, I'm not a 2011 guy, but if I were you, I would choose consular processing over adjustment of status. It's shorter and you have a much, much better chance to still get your green card.

Hi guys,

I just joint the forum. I have been selected for 2012 DV program with perfect case number (kidding) which is AS70xxx. Please accept my apology for posting my question to 2011 AOS forum but you guys are the best experienced to guide me. It is almost the end of fiscal year and as I know the case numbers in 2012 for Asia is very odd. From your one year experience, what do you suggest me to do? Should I leave the US and complete my application from outside like Canada? is it better to hope that I can complete AOS and do what you guys have done? I am on F1 Visa.

If you recommend me to do AOS, please suggest me what to do (like send packages early and hope they wont sent it back). I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

GREAT NEWS hilalff :D:D:D

I hope i will follow your foot steps....iam so waiting for september 1st :cool:

Got my Card today.... I hope you all have the same luck I had ..... I was really lucky.... thanks to all of you guys for your help and support...... ;)

Congratulations, Katya. I think current means for year 2010. If you have copy of your medical report take it with you, just in case. But if you have no, just tell it was sent to them before in sealed envelope.
Guys, I got my interview letter!!!I am so excited!!It will be on 15th of september!!Now I am looking for a sponsor and have some questions: how much he should make?And its written in the list of docs that sponsor should attach to affidavit of support w-2 and tax-returns for CURRENT year...does it mean for the previous??and about medical exams: I sent a sealed envelope together with the rest docs when I submitted application...but they ask me to have it on interview...What to do in this case?thank u very much!

Congrat hilalff...How do you get through without interview? Thanks.
I am 2011AS00036xxx. My AOS received by Chicago on 8/1/2011. I began to worry that i might not have enough time to go through the process.

I have a doubt. Do I need to pass the interview before September 31,2011?
My cn is AS0036xxx. I submitted my AOS package on July 31 and arrived at Chicago on Aug 1. I afraid that it might be too late.
Any advice and comments are appreciated.
THanks.

Congrat hilalff...How do you get through without interview? Thanks.
I am 2011AS00036xxx. My AOS received by Chicago on 8/1/2011. I began to worry that i might not have enough time to go through the process.

thx apatay, I think I am lucky i live in MI;);)
why you waited that long to send your AOS???????