• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thank you so much baobab for sticking with the forum and with us in general. Thanks for taking care of the spreadsheet. I think it is a great tool and inheritance that we can give to people still in process and mainly to next generations (DV2012....)
Thanks. It was a group effort. I cannot take credit for starting it either. I only "took over" when the initial one became unavailable at one point.

Hi Eternalhope,

@eooedada, I am glad to see that your case reached a positive outcome without any complications from the early filing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I have been selected, I am in the US as an F1 student. however, I have not received any package, I guess because I put my hometowm address in my application. Are there any important docs within the package that need processing before I send my form for AOS and the check?
One more question is how do you know that the payment is $375? because it is not specifically listed anywhere.
One more concern I have is my current status as an F1 student, do you think I should hire an attorney in order to process my application, since as a student I was asked to state the fact that I do not wish to reside in the USA but plan to return once my studies are complete?
This is a long message. I would truly appreciate if you can guide me. Thanks a lot for your concern.
Diams, welcome to the forum. Are you a 2011 or a 2012 selectee?
If you are 2011, then you are kind of late to start the process with KCC at this time.

What package are you expecting? They are not sending the forms by mail any more. You download them from the web.

The DV fee is $440. It used to be $375 until July 13, 2010. It went up at that point. The fee is listed here.
Scroll down a bit and you will see a Diversity Visa Lottery fee of $440.

Can you post your case details in your signature like everybody else, because I do not understand at what step you are right now. If you are a 2011 selectee, you should send your AOS package to Chicago lockbox as soon as possible. But you should make sure that it is complete. Try to read a bit through this thread. If you've sent form 122 and/or 230 to KCC, you do not need to wait for an answer from them. But you must pay the $440 fee.

If you are 2012, you must wait until your number becomes current which will be after October 1st.

DV cases are not that complicated and lawyers are actually not that familiar with them. My advice is to inform yourself by reading this thread and you will be able to get everything done by yourself. This is assuming that you are a 2012 selectee. If you are 2011, you are short on time, you have to move very fast.

You may do AOS on F1 visa. Many forum members have done just that.

I just received my Biometric Letter appointment.
The letter was issued 7/26/11, it was mailed out 7/27/11, and it reached my mailbox 7/30/11.

I Live in NW Ohio and according to USCIS my local field office is Cleveland OH...and thats what i thought it would be....BUT my appointment letter is for Detroit field office for 8/22/11 !!!!!!

I guess they do take walkin biometrics in Detroit??? is that correct???

Hi guys,

hope every 2011 winner can all get the GC eventually.

I have a small question, why I saw everyone sent the I-485 package to Chicago first and even 2 months earlier than the "current" month?

I asked a lawyer who told me I have to wait until the month with "current" and send out the I-485 package to the local office, is this right?

Technically the lawyer is right, but USCIS allows early filing of of about 50 days before that current date. So if i am current is September, then i can file about July 10, that makes 50 days until September 1st....Plus in my case iam current in September and if i don file September 1st, i will most likely lose my chance of GC because i only have till September 30 to get an interview and a decision on my case. and we all know 30 days isn't enough time for any AOS process. the shortest we have seen here is 65 days I think....

Dead wrong.
You don't send the AOS package to field office but to Chicago lockbox.
And you don't wait till you see "CURRENT", you wait till you see your rank number at or below the number that is published for the month.
Lastly, you can send your package as soon as you see the number in the advanced notification.

Hi guys,

hope every 2011 winner can all get the GC eventually.

I have a small question, why I saw everyone sent the I-485 package to Chicago first and even 2 months earlier than the "current" month?

I asked a lawyer who told me I have to wait until the month with "current" and send out the I-485 package to the local office, is this right?

I just received my Biometric Letter appointment.
The letter was issued 7/26/11, it was mailed out 7/27/11, and it reached my mailbox 7/30/11.

I Live in NW Ohio and according to USCIS my local field office is Cleveland OH...and thats what i thought it would be....BUT my appointment letter is for Detroit field office for 8/22/11 !!!!!!

I guess they do take walkin biometrics in Detroit??? is that correct???

as44xxx,

I did walk-in bio in Detroit, However the lady in FO told me first that “ we don't do walk-in and you have to reschedule” and she sounded firm on this issue.
Then she start asking me why do we need to do walk-in......I told her that my son has a doctor appointment at that day, and since we are here now can you let us do it now.
I think she felt sorry for us and told us to wait and in a matter of 10 minutes we( me and my wife) were done.

Just go there and try, you got nothing to lose other than an one hour drive.

2012AF00064,xxxx

Hello,
I am sorry. Actually I am a 2012 selectee (but since we are in 2011, I am sometimes confused :) ). Thank you for pointing that out. I therefore need to be in the 2012 forum, however I am finding valuable information on this 2011 forum.
I am currently an F1 in Fairfax, VA. So the fees for the AOS are $440?
on the link where the fees are displayed, you have the following

Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees (non-refundable, per person) :
Other immigrant visa applications (including Diversity Visa applicants, approved I-360 self-petitioners, special immigrant visa applicants, and all others) :$305

and then there is another fees section stating

Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa): $440
Affidavit of Support Review (only when reviewed domestically): $88
Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category): $74

So in my case, it is not 305+440+74? my question sounds dumb but please be kind and provide me with an explanation.

Thank you :)

Aos

Is there anyone left who is yet to submit the AOS package?

All this fees are for the CP, people getting their immigrant visas through consular processing. For doing AOS you have to pay $440 and then $1070 with your AOS package

Hello,
I am sorry. Actually I am a 2012 selectee (but since we are in 2011, I am sometimes confused :) ). Thank you for pointing that out. I therefore need to be in the 2012 forum, however I am finding valuable information on this 2011 forum.
I am currently an F1 in Fairfax, VA. So the fees for the AOS are $440?
on the link where the fees are displayed, you have the following

Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees (non-refundable, per person) :
Other immigrant visa applications (including Diversity Visa applicants, approved I-360 self-petitioners, special immigrant visa applicants, and all others) :$305

and then there is another fees section stating

Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa): $440
Affidavit of Support Review (only when reviewed domestically): $88
Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category): $74

So in my case, it is not 305+440+74? my question sounds dumb but please be kind and provide me with an explanation.

Thank you :)

"DV 2011 End of Program Notification" email from KCC

Just got an email from KCC:
==================================
All DV 2011 cases must be completely processed by September 30, 2011.

Applicants must ensure that USCIS can complete action on their cases, including processing of any overseas derivatives, before September 30, 2011, since on that date registrations for the DV-2011 program expire. No visa numbers for the DV-2011 program will be available after midnight EST on September 30, 2011, under any circumstances. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed for September. If your case number is available for interview, you must contact your local USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) office and request an interview.
If the CIS determined that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $440.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.)

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

The adjustment of status fee is a non-refundable diversity visa fee paid directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover the cost incurred by the Department of State in running the DV Program and is separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment application. You must pay the diversity visa fee per person; that is a fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family who plans to adjust status with you in the United States.
If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances.
=======================

I was checking 2011 AOS spreadsheet and it seems that everyone who's current in August got thier IL except me...:(:(:(:(

hilalff,

Maybe you will get CPO without an interview like the other Detroit office applicants that got it without interviews :)

Ignore my previous post, i was checking my status now and it shows..." Card Production""""".........please guys that's real....what's that mean.....

GET OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS that was the quickest thing that came true after i said it OMG!!!!!

GET OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS that was the quickest thing that came true after i said it OMG!!!!!

I am still in a shock state.......... I wont believe it until I see the GC in my hand..........

Did you send application for form I-765 or I-131 (EAD card, AP card) ?
If yes, Usually, they approve this after the BIO automatically.
If not, Congrats! You just completed the process and you should get the card in couple of days...
Seems that the Detoit FO person that is handling DV cases, assumes that these cases are like regular employment based, and as such, approves them without interview....
Nice.....

and btw: I'm currently holding 1st place in the longest time for waiting for IL...no one can beat me in this.... :(

Ignore my previous post, i was checking my status now and it shows..." Card Production""""".........please guys that's real....what's that mean.....