• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Yoni, that's a good opening for your letter, I'm sure someone with any sort of empathy will feel enough compassion from reading it to help you with your case.

High school is to qualify to apply but in case of AOS we need to show we have not violated the status and checking the transcripts they might want to make sure about my colege credits I have taken so far and my standings during the period Now an

45 business days until DV 2011 closes. All the best to those of you who are waiting. Just to reiterate, don't give up and do everything in your power to get this done right. It could just be a once in a lifetime opportunity. What's meant to be in meant to be, so as long as you give it your best shot there's nothing to regret or worry about.

Thank you for your kind words.
45 business days until DV 2011 closes. All the best to those of you who are waiting. Just to reiterate, don't give up and do everything in your power to get this done right. It could just be a once in a lifetime opportunity. What's meant to be in meant to be, so as long as you give it your best shot there's nothing to regret or worry about.

A good standing is usually considered to be C average or higher (> 2.0).
I'm sure they just want to see that your F status is legit. having an F sometime ago does not mean anything...they want to see that you are taking class per your study plan. That is full time, 12 units a quarter, etc...
Of course the only educational criteria is high school diploma. And you can actually qualify for DV without high school diploma if you can prove that you have a work experience of two years....That means a middle school dropout that is a "professional" gardner can qualify for DV..

Well, he asked for sealed transcripts but I did not have any of them at the time of interview. Yoni, what is Good standing? is it about the GPA if then what is average for Good standing? during my second semester I got F and D, A, B and my GPA was 1.85 but afterthat I have been above 3 all time. I took spanish and history where I got F and D. but later I repeated and got C on both. I don know if it doeos affect to my standing.

So i've been reading up on expediting cases, here is one tidbit i found from USCIS:

"We recognize that exceptional circumstances can require special handling of a case. All requests for expedited handling are reviewed case-by-case and, when circumstances warrant, are granted at the discretion of the Director, USCIS. The criteria are as follows:
-Severe financial loss to company or individual;
-Extreme emergency situation;
-Humanitarian situation;
-Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
-Department of Defense National Interest Situation (Request must come from an official U.S. Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.);
-Potential loss of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits;
-USCIS error;
-Compelling interest of USCIS.
If your case is at a local office at the time you need to make your emergency request, please go to the local office in person to make your request. Please be sure to take all supporting documentation with you.

The extreme emergency situation seems kind of broad, technically we all fall under that, its emergency to have our applications adjudicated before September 30th otherwise we're f...ked.

EternalHope and kambo, thank you for reply and making me calm :)

Based on kambo's experience, I am going a lot of back and force in the status!!!! Card/Document production is the last state in the row and I was thinking I have passed all previous once at once. But Kambo, you are saying "Post Decision Activity" is the last one!!! seems weird but as long as I get my GC SOON I will be fine :)

Thank you all for reply and help.
Hope to share the good news with you soon

@ joseph230,

Yes, I had the same experience as you do now. My case moved to CDP on july 14, and then again to CDP on july 19, and to PDA on july 20. I think your case will move to PDA shortly, too. So PDA is the last step of DV process. I think your case status will stay PDA may be months or years. If you like to check your case in USCIS website months or years later, i think it still hangs there. When your case moved to PDA, meaning your card has been made and mailed out to you. So, after, CDP you will receive your welcome letter. Have you received it yet? If not, I guess, you will get one very soon, may be today or tomorrow.

Thank you for detailed info.
I have not received any letter yet. I will update as soon as I get it.
BTW, if I get my GC I am sure in a sec I will forget about online status checking ;)

@ joseph230,

Yes, I had the same experience as you do now. My case moved to CDP on july 14, and then again to CDP on july 19, and to PDA on july 20. I think your case will move to PDA shortly, too. So PDA is the last step of DV process. I think your case status will stay PDA may be months or years. If you like to check your case in USCIS website months or years later, i think it still hangs there. When your case moved to PDA, meaning your card has been made and mailed out to you. So, after, CDP you will receive your welcome letter. Have you received it yet? If not, I guess, you will get one very soon, may be today or tomorrow.

For those who applied for AOS under 245i, did any of you write down on your cover letter how you qualify for it? I'm wondering maybe most IOs aren't that familiar with 245i and does research on their own about how an applicant qualifies for it, therefore, it takes them longer to make a decision to send out ILs.

Please help No decision after interview

I had my interview on 07-19-11. I filed in May. The IO told me that my application has just started. What does he mean by that. He asked me yes/no questions. after he took my I-94 out of my passport and made a copy of my I-20(I am F-1). Then he said he would contact me if he needs something. 3 days later, i contacted KCC and learned that my file had not been requested by my USCIS FO. Now I am very axious and do not know what to do. Please What can I do?

Maybe you should go to an INFOPASS appointment and ask what your status is. Did you look at your online case status? Did it change? I have seen cases on this thread where ppl's status went to CPO without their files being requested so that's not a big problem. I'm also puzzled by the IO saying your application has just started, should've asked him to clarify then. As of now all you can do is keep doing INFOPASS until you get an answer, I don't know what else there is. Do you remember your IO's name? Maybe ask for him when you go to INFOPASS.

thanks for your response, Eternal hope. My status did not change. I do not understand what he means when he said that my application has just started. before interview, I could see that almost nothing was written on my application.While He asked questions he was filling out a paper and on my I-485 application. I think I am going to do infopass. Maybe I did not clear yet namecheck.

Yea the namecheck could be a reason, because he took your I-94, that is usually a good sign that your case is all set. BTW, which field office are you at?

Hello!

For the September 30th deadline, does that mean that we have to be given a decision on our case before then or does that include receiving the physical green card in hand as well/ completed card production?

Second question, do I need to do anything because I changed from CP to AOS? My file is already in Malaysian US Embassy as I already had an interview scheduled there so i'm sure its no longer with KCC. Do I need to do anything to let the embassy know they need to send it to the FO or the FO/KCC/USCIS will do the file request?

Also, anyone knows if there is a limit of characters for the signature, the system keeps saying i have exceeded the limit, but there is hardly anything on it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
]Yea t could be a reason, because he took your I-94, that is usually a good sign that your case is all set. BTW, which field office are you at?[/QUOTE]
My FO is in Baltimore