• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Shall try ombudsman right now). May be more letters they will recieve about same issue, more efforts they will do. I also heard, that our A number on the NOA means our GC number, don't know, if it is right, and that means our visa is reserved already. But, that said the lawer, and as we know, they are not very expirienced in DV cases. Anyway, shall try to wright some letters and make other infopass next week. Wish you also get IL soon.
no responses yet...just the green (certified mail receipt) cards...
I did get an email from ombudsman saying that they are reviewing my app and either they or USCIS would let me know the status and whether they can help me or not.

About the 50,000 limit...you know that the criteria for approving the GC, is for them to check the VB (visa Bulletin), we also already got the advanced notification for September that shows all current (with minor exceptions). I think that only key info is to see VB for September that would be published around August 8th...If, as expected it would still show the info as it was showing a month ago on the advanced table, then there would be no problem. I think DOS has made some regions current in August and all of them in September because they think that they would not be able to issue 50,000 visa and have "ample" supply.
But, I might be dead wrong here....

hello all :)

might be a silly question, but how do I add my case timeline to my posts (i cant find the signature option anywhere under profile settings)?

hello all :)

might be a silly question, but how do I add my case timeline to my posts (i cant find the signature option anywhere under profile settings)?

Forum Actions:
- Edit Profile
-My Setting (Blue box on the left side of the screen)
- Edit signature

Hey Hilalff, from the spreadsheet it seems Detroit is one of the faster FO's, one applicant's status went to CPO without even going to an interview, I bet you will get GC well before I get the interview letter.

Isn't it weird how me, Hilalff and Cybor's files were requested from KCC all on the same day?

Hi Cybor,

The GC # is your receipt number. A # is the USCIS # or your account number kept @ USCIS file.

Hey Hilalff, from the spreadsheet it seems Detroit is one of the faster FO's, one applicant's status went to CPO without even going to an interview, I bet you will get GC well before I get the interview letter.

Isn't it weird how me, Hilalff and Cybor's files were requested from KCC all on the same day?

EternalHOpe don't play with my feelings..................that would be a dream ….....for now I will be happy with an interview letter.

EternelHope your case seems to be on the right track, I think by Monday you will get your IL.

Good luck to all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I did and worked :)
Thanks Joseph, so I don't have to fill out any of the forms and then sign it as "self sponsor - somebody who have a job and sponsors himself" and you think bringing the job contracts and W2s to the interview will be enough?

And Joseph230 have file trasfered at 21 of June.;-)
It is magic number.
LOL

Thanks Yoni for wishes! I'm really hape to hear that you've made the second info pass and at least now you know that you're name is clear which is really important I guesss. I hope you will recived you IL soon. For some reason I think that is going to be around August 7th, but who know maybe even earlier. Thansk for everything

Joseph230 congraduations as welllllll! :))))))))))

Thank you :)

Online Status issue !!!!

Guys,
I just checked my online status and it shows that Card Production has done on 28th (today). It is weird, isn't it?? I received the email on 23rd and checked online the same day and it was saying that 23rd is the date for CPO but now it says that today is CPO date??

Did anyone have same issue? is this only online glitch or something is going one?

Thanks

Guys,
I just checked my online status and it shows that Card Production has done on 28th (today). It is weird, isn't it?? I received the email on 23rd and checked online the same day and it was saying that 23rd is the date for CPO but now it says that today is CPO date??

Did anyone have same issue? is this only online glitch or something is going one?

Thanks

yea it means they have rescinded your green card, LOL, its just a minor glitch, it says CPO, you're fine, you'll get the green card in a few days, probably even today.

Guys,

Thanks

Hey joseph230,

Yes, my case moved to Card/Document Production on July 14 (perminant residency starts), and Welcome Letter sent out. Again my case moved to Card/document Production on July 19, and moved to Post Decision Activity on July 20. PDA is the last step of DV process, meaning your card is being mailed out to you. After PDA you will receive your GC in two-three days in a US priority mail service.

In your case, your perminant residency starts on July 23rd, I think. Enjoy your new status. Don't stress out! And you should get your welcome letter very very soon! Then GC!!!!

My interview went like this: FO- Fairfax VA
I arrived at 10:10 and asked for IO for my DV case, I was told to sit down till my name be called. I waited for an hour still my name wasn't called. I thought it's ok I don need to hurry and sat there quietly. Then IO called my name. he was chinese or korean I guess. He didnt speak at all and lead me to a room. After I sat down he asked for my I-20s I held him all of em. Then he asked me few yes/no question and asked if I have relatives in the US, I replied yes. Then he asked me for y transcripts which I said I have I-20s only not requested from school. Then he went to the other room and came back after 2-3 minutes and handed me another IL stating to get all the sealed transcripts. He said everything looks fine and just needed the transcripts. He did ask me if I have question then I asked "the only thing I need are the transcripts right, he replied yes and said see you on 30th August. I thought he was bored and told me he has been busy alltime. May be I said I hate communists when he asked for communism or may be its not the time :( he didnot approve. Then I left his office. Lets hope on Aug 30 again :)

It's legitimate for him to ask for transcripts. I guess they want to make sure you study and is in good standing with your school.
However don't get discouraged. You applied in June, and got interview today...I applied two months before you did, and don't even have the IL....Means you're at least 3 months ahead...

My interview went like this: FO- Fairfax VA
I arrived at 10:10 and asked for IO for my DV case, I was told to sit down till my name be called. I waited for an hour still my name wasn't called. I thought it's ok I don need to hurry and sat there quietly. Then IO called my name. he was chinese or korean I guess. He didnt speak at all and lead me to a room. After I sat down he asked for my I-20s I held him all of em. Then he asked me few yes/no question and asked if I have relatives in the US, I replied yes. Then he asked me for y transcripts which I said I have I-20s only not requested from school. Then he went to the other room and came back after 2-3 minutes and handed me another IL stating to get all the sealed transcripts. He said everything looks fine and just needed the transcripts. He did ask me if I have question then I asked "the only thing I need are the transcripts right, he replied yes and said see you on 30th August. I thought he was bored and told me he has been busy alltime. May be I said I hate communists when he asked for communism or may be its not the time :( he didnot approve. Then I left his office. Lets hope on Aug 30 again :)

I'm sure the politicians are busy with letters, faxes, phone calls about the debt ceiling...They probably don't have the time to even open my letters. However, I'm curious on the response that I'll get from them....
After years of waiting and other processes failing on me without my control or fault, there's seemed to be a new life in the form of the NL1 that i received back in May 2010...
It was further reinforced when i become current and was able to mail the package in April, thinking that all the odds are good.
So after seeing how the process works and just not for me, every day that passes is quite tough.
"Maybe today...." (that is what I say everyday on my way to the mailbox...)

Hey Yoni, everyday must've been agony for you, there's no responses from the politicians' offices?

Well, he asked for sealed transcripts but I did not have any of them at the time of interview. Yoni, what is Good standing? is it about the GPA if then what is average for Good standing? during my second semester I got F and D, A, B and my GPA was 1.85 but afterthat I have been above 3 all time. I took spanish and history where I got F and D. but later I repeated and got C on both. I don know if it doeos affect to my standing.

Don't you just need to have a high school diploma to qualify? Is the IO asking you for sealed high school transcript or college? If it's for College then I guess they just want to make sure that you are currently enrolled.