• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

As I understand it, if you get CPO on September 30th, you are OK. You can get the actual plastic in October...

Hello!

For the September 30th deadline, does that mean that we have to be given a decision on our case before then or does that include receiving the physical green card in hand as well/ completed card production?

Second question, do I need to do anything because I changed from CP to AOS? My file is already in Malaysian US Embassy as I already had an interview scheduled there so i'm sure its no longer with KCC. Do I need to do anything to let the embassy know they need to send it to the FO or the FO/KCC/USCIS will do the file request?

Also, anyone knows if there is a limit of characters for the signature, the system keeps saying i have exceeded the limit, but there is hardly anything on it!!

I had my interview on 07-19-11. I filed in May. The IO told me that my application has just started. What does he mean by that. He asked me yes/no questions. after he took my I-94 out of my passport and made a copy of my I-20(I am F-1). Then he said he would contact me if he needs something. 3 days later, i contacted KCC and learned that my file had not been requested by my USCIS FO. Now I am very axious and do not know what to do. Please What can I do?

My KCC file was also not requested before the interview but they did request it a couple of days later.I had to wait 1 1/2 month to get my GC but dimus waited less. Search the forum for posts from me and him.

Update: We've got our GCs on Jul 15 and my status historically was - Initial Review - Card Production - (4 hours later) - Decision - Card Production - Post Decision Activity

Also someone with family of 3, working, selectee (similar to mine case) asked earlier for I-134. I didn't have one and I wasn't asked for one BUT I have sent in my AOS package my W2s and tax returns for past 3 years, last 3 months paystubs, last 6 months bank statements, employment letter with salary with my AOS. All of that is on page 1 or 2 in this forum/thread. And I have been employed with the company in the US for 4 years, and am paid well (probably ;-).

It is a long time since I posted in this thread. I see a lot of new faces and the thread is still quite active.
Congratulations to those getting their cards or interview letters recently and good luck to those still waiting. Some of you are waiting for a long time. Yoni, I hope your case starts moving.

I just checked the spreadsheet after a while. I wanted to make one comment. Please do not add any new columns before the CPO column (or remove any existing ones). You can add new columns after the CPO one. The columns up to the CPO are used by some scripts that maintain the spreadsheet and adding new columns breaks them. Thus, I moved one column which has been added in the restricted range farther to the right. The rows should get sorted and colored correctly over the next day.

Celinita, you had your interview at the end of June. In case that you are still checking this forum, can your post your experience or at least your status right now? It may help other selectees who are in a similar situation in the future. Your case was a bit special because of the country of eligibility choice. I hope you had a good outcome in the end.

WGeneral, you had a similar case. In case you are still checking this forum, can you post any updates to your case?

Again, good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats...I told you that you are in great position. As soon as you found that USCIS requested your KCC file...that almost guaranty that IL is coming...
In my case, my file was not even requested :( so you can guess what that means.

OMG!!! I just got my interview letter....................

Thank you so much baobab for sticking with the forum and with us in general. Thanks for taking care of the spreadsheet. I think it is a great tool and inheritance that we can give to people still in process and mainly to next generations (DV2012....)

It is a long time since I posted in this thread. I see a lot of new faces and the thread is still quite active.
Congratulations to those getting their cards or interview letters recently and good luck to those still waiting. Some of you are waiting for a long time. Yoni, I hope your case starts moving.

I just checked the spreadsheet after a while. I wanted to make one comment. Please do not add any new columns before the CPO column (or remove any existing ones). You can add new columns after the CPO one. The columns up to the CPO are used by some scripts that maintain the spreadsheet and adding new columns breaks them. Thus, I moved one column which has been added in the restricted range farther to the right. The rows should get sorted and colored correctly over the next day.

Celinita, you had your interview at the end of June. In case that you are still checking this forum, can your post your experience or at least your status right now? It may help other selectees who are in a similar situation in the future. Your case was a bit special because of the country of eligibility choice. I hope you had a good outcome in the end.

WGeneral, you had a similar case. In case you are still checking this forum, can you post any updates to your case?

Again, good luck to those still waiting.

Hello,
I have been selected, I am in the US as an F1 student. however, I have not received any package, I guess because I put my hometowm address in my application. Are there any important docs within the package that need processing before I send my form for AOS and the check?
One more question is how do you know that the payment is $375? because it is not specifically listed anywhere.
One more concern I have is my current status as an F1 student, do you think I should hire an attorney in order to process my application, since as a student I was asked to state the fact that I do not wish to reside in the USA but plan to return once my studies are complete?
This is a long message. I would truly appreciate if you can guide me. Thanks a lot for your concern.