• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi All

I am waiting for my interview (AS20XXX) which is scheduled for July. In the interview letter I received it has a generic letter asking me for the supporting documents for me to bring for the interview. The letter states that I have to bring the form I-134 along with my sponsor's federal tax return and W2 for the current year and original letter of employment on company letter head. It also asks for supporting documentation that proves the status of the sponsor.

does anyone have any experience with anything else the interviewer might ask for during the interview. I just want to make sure that I have all the supporting documentation for the form I-134 during the interview. My sponsor is a permanent resident, so will a copy of his green card be sufficient to prove their status.

Lastly, my field office is the Federal Plaza in New York City. Does anyone have any experience with interviews related to DV at this field office. Thanks.
Appreciate all your support, I am glad I have finally reached the last stage of this process.

Sorry Natofquest! On my interview I'm going to take
- copy of his passport
-copy of his Tax return for last three years
- letter form his work on the letter head
- copy of his bank statement for the las three months
And question for you and fo our experts: Sponsor's federal Tax retern and W2 are the same doc or its' different? I thought that these are the same doc. Thanks to everybody for helping.

Hi All

I am waiting for my interview (AS20XXX) which is scheduled for July. In the interview letter I received it has a generic letter asking me for the supporting documents for me to bring for the interview. The letter states that I have to bring the form I-134 along with my sponsor's federal tax return and W2 for the current year and original letter of employment on company letter head. It also asks for supporting documentation that proves the status of the sponsor.

does anyone have any experience with anything else the interviewer might ask for during the interview. I just want to make sure that I have all the supporting documentation for the form I-134 during the interview. My sponsor is a permanent resident, so will a copy of his green card be sufficient to prove their status.

Lastly, my field office is the Federal Plaza in New York City. Does anyone have any experience with interviews related to DV at this field office. Thanks.
Appreciate all your support, I am glad I have finally reached the last stage of this process.

Also, Natorquest I've notarized the signature of my sponsor on the I-134 form. You can do it for free in any bank. :)

Hey Eternal Hope,
Why do you feel screwed? Is it because you think your FO is a slow one or because of the 245(i)?
There were couple of cases this year and last year with 245(i) that processed very fast, or at least at the same pace as other "regular" cases were.
In addition I read here that during the last two months, they tend to expedite cases so as long as there are visas available they would schedule your interview even for September 30th.

Also, Please add your details to the spreadsheet at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

I'm so screwed!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
to ssj1:

What experience have been through about changing address after submitting I485? I changed my address after submitting I485 because I had to move to another state to work. It has been 29 days since I had my biometrics done. I am waiting for my IL every day. I did call KCC to follow up my case and a lady there told me that my case had been requested on June 9, from the FO of my previous state.

I read the thread and found out that you had adviced one of our friends here to not to change address after submitting I485.

Should I call USCIS FO or just wait? Thanks friends.

UUCIS did send me two letters of notifications of address change in the same week to my new address in the state that I work now.

Thanks!

Hey Yoni
I've seen the spreadsheet, and the long amount of time for winners in Newark field office is what's scaring me. Base on their timeline, I have no shot of getting an interview before September 30th. It seems like Newark doesn't expedite lottery cases.

Hi All

@natorquest, your best option is to read the experiences of other members who had interviews in NYC. There were several of them. For DV2011 cases you can find links to the interview experiences in the spreadsheet. There were 4 cases only in December, all on Dec 16, but some have been deleted from the spreadsheet. Anyway, if you go to that time frame in this thread you will find them.

There are links in the second post of this thread to posts where you can find a list of the cases for each field office during the previous two years. Then you can go and look for them in the DV2010 and DV2009 threads.

One thing is consistent for NYC, the interviewing officers are some of the most thorough when it comes to checking documents. This is one FO where affidavit of support is systematically requested and checked. Bring all the documents related to I-134 that they require.

And question for you and fo our experts: Sponsor's federal Tax retern and W2 are the same doc or its' different? I thought that these are the same doc. Thanks to everybody for helping.
@manaysha, they are different. W2 is issued by the employer as a proof of how much one has been paid in wages, how much tax has been withhold, how much payroll taxes were paid and a few other fields. This info is needed when you file your taxes.

The tax return is what you file to IRS and must include all your income (wages, interest, dividends, tips, etc), deductions, tax credits and how much tax you have to pay for the year. You can order a tax return transcript from the IRS: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html. It takes about 2 weeks to receive it.

Thansk Baobab for explanation! Does it mean that I should bring th W2 for my sponsor as well as Tax return? Do I need it for myself if I just start to work from April? Thansk again!

Also congratuations DV_2!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you :)))))))))))
@natorquest, your best option is to read the experiences of other members who had interviews in NYC. There were several of them. For DV2011 cases you can find links to the interview experiences in the spreadsheet. There were 4 cases only in December, all on Dec 16, but some have been deleted from the spreadsheet. Anyway, if you go to that time frame in this thread you will find them.

There are links in the second post of this thread to posts where you can find a list of the cases for each field office during the previous two years. Then you can go and look for them in the DV2010 and DV2009 threads.

One thing is consistent for NYC, the interviewing officers are some of the most thorough when it comes to checking documents. This is one FO where affidavit of support is systematically requested and checked. Bring all the documents related to I-134 that they require.

@manaysha, they are different. W2 is issued by the employer as a proof of how much one has been paid in wages, how much tax has been withhold, how much payroll taxes were paid and a few other fields. This info is needed when you file your taxes.

The tax return is what you file to IRS and must include all your income (wages, interest, dividends, tips, etc), deductions, tax credits and how much tax you have to pay for the year. You can order a tax return transcript from the IRS: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html. It takes about 2 weeks to receive it.

Manaysha,

W2 is the document the employer that sends out at the end of the year, that gives a snap shot of how much was paid in wages and held in taxes - federal, state etc for the calendar year. W2 is the document on the basis of which a tax return is filed, so in effect w2 is a supporting document for tax return. Hope this helps.

Sorry Natofquest! On my interview I'm going to take
- copy of his passport
-copy of his Tax return for last three years
- letter form his work on the letter head
- copy of his bank statement for the las three months

Question about I-134. I am in the process of getting my form I-134 completed. My sponsor makes more than 100 K and will be providing me a copy of his green card and employment letter to prove his financial support for me. He mentioned that he does not have significant savings in his personal account so was hesitant to provide it. I just want to make sure that there will be no issues with this form I-134.

Will his employment letter with copy of green card, tax return and w2 be sufficient to complete the form I-134. Just want to make sure if a personal savings or checking deposit is absolutely necessary. Thanks.

One more additional question, how can we look for posts posted by a unique member. I tried to use the advanced search option and entered the user name of the id on the "user id" area to filter out results but no luck. I want to see the experience of past users in the NYC office from previous years. I do have a list of the users from the nyc office but prior years do not have a detailed list such as interview date for me to find their post after the interview. Thanks.

Hi, Yoni 123.
What is your FO?
My is Newark and also no IL yet from april.
Made a phone call to Uscis, no any result, just toldthat 4 monthes did not passed yet and our case in NBC.

Hey feel, - thanks a lot for asking.
I kind of was playing passive and all my effort were to walk to the mailbox and look for the IL...
I will call KCC tomorrow to see if my file was requested. I think that can be a good sign if it was. I ask the other people that have received the IL at my FO to check if their file was requested...
I'm kind of hesitant from calling USCIS as so far sounds like they are worthless in providing meaningful information over the phone...
I'm afraid to get disappointed...but maybe I should call them.
I mean the only hope is for them to tell me that they did send me the IL...(in that case it was lost....)
Otherwise they would probably tell me to wait 4 months...
I wonder if I should mention that I know of other people that applied for AOS at the same time, same FO, same month that we are current like me (for ex, Karen) and received their IL

hey cybor, I'm in Newark FO too. And i'm two months behind you!!!!!! There is no way i'll make it in 4 months!!!!! I'm scared. One of my friends told me to talk to my senator, that they can help you expedite your case.

Hi. we are very disappointed to wait so long, can't go to vacations, must stay at home and look into the mail box. BTW we did walk in bio, 3 weeks at advance,may be it will help you.
hey cybor, I'm in Newark FO too. And i'm two months behind you!!!!!! There is no way i'll make it in 4 months!!!!! I'm scared. One of my friends told me to talk to my senator, that they can help you expedite your case.

i tried to walk in, but they wouldnt let me do it, the guard even stamped my paper and crossed it out. He told me its a new rule they've been enforcing for the last two months, no early biometrics, I was so disappointed, this was in Hackensack ASC too.