• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hey guys,
I send my I-485 with I-1145 on 06/13 but i did not get an email or text message. However they cashed the checks today, does that mean they accepted the application?

thx

Yes, your application should be accepted. Allow 3/4 days after the checks are cashed. If you don't receive NOA by this time, call USCIS and ask for your receipt number.

hey guys,
I send my I-485 with I-1145 on 06/13 but i did not get an email or text message. However they cashed the checks today, does that mean they accepted the application?

thx

Hi,
Did your case status changed on USCIS website after you got interview letter?
We are waiting fo rthe interview more than 2 monthes already, and plan to go for vacations. Just wondering if we could see the interview date through the internet if we shall be out of home mail box.
Thanks for your help.

WOOOOOHOOOO :)

My brother (Case EU23xxx) just got a text message from USCIS saying Card Production Ordered without having an interview at all. His FO is Detroit and he filed on May 4th, so in just 50 days his case went through initial process to completion ..... wohoooo :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

oh...and yeah... he had his FP on June 13

That's great.
I wonder if you can add your and your brother's info to the spreadsheet

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/sp...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

WOOOOOHOOOO :)

My brother (Case EU23xxx) just got a text message from USCIS saying Card Production Ordered without having an interview at all. His FO is Detroit and he filed on May 4th, so in just 50 days his case went through initial process to completion ..... wohoooo :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

oh...and yeah... he had his FP on June 13

@yoni: Thanks. ... update is done

edit:

P.S. Good luck with your case fellow eastern-european ;)...u should get ur GC soon

Last edited by a moderator:
What should I answer on the interview??????

Forums please answer:
When the Offiser in the interview ask me - What current status do you have? What sould I answer? I have F-1, and I'm continue to study every evening, but also as soon as they gave me in April 2011 EAD card and social I started to work. Now, I'm studying and I have I-20 till december 2011 and I have working now as well. What should I answer??????

Hi Manaysha,

Explain to them exactly what you just explained to us. They are just information gathering and as long as what you were doing is within the boundaries and allowable guidelines of your visas/status you should be fine. If not consult a lawyer.

Forums please answer:
When the Offiser in the interview ask me - What current status do you have? What sould I answer? I have F-1, and I'm continue to study every evening, but also as soon as they gave me in April 2011 EAD card and social I started to work. Now, I'm studying and I have I-20 till december 2011 and I have working now as well. What should I answer??????

Manaysha, thanks for the advice. I got my interview letter , it is scheduled for July 26. Now I am just counting down the days for this process to be over :)

Hi Natorquest!
I understand you perfectlly! I will take to the interview the I -134 form, and my form I check "I do not intend". Try to read the same forum, page 83. In that page I found that you can put it. Also, I want to bring the TAx for the last 3 years for the sponsor, employee letter of my sponsor and copy of his passport.

Thanks SSj1. Thansk for advice. As long as I understand American rules, I didn't do anything wrong. I came as F-1 student, and i started to work only when they give me EAD and social. I hope I'll be fine in that case. Thansk so much one more time!!!!
Hi Manaysha,

Explain to them exactly what you just explained to us. They are just information gathering and as long as what you were doing is within the boundaries and allowable guidelines of your visas/status you should be fine. If not consult a lawyer.

Hi, if anybody could help us with this question? Thanks at advance.
We are waiting fo rthe interview more than 2 monthes already, and plan to go for vacations. Just wondering if we could see the interview date through the internet if we shall be out of home mail box.
Thanks for your help.

Hi cybor! My case didn't change.
Hi, if anybody could help us with this question? Thanks at advance.
Thanks for your help.

H guys! Does anybody knows how much income should my sponsore have? For the last year he has only 25.000 and he is going married on July 7. Can he be a sponsor for two person with this income - for me and for his future wife in that case? Before that he has 60.000 (2009) and 80.000 (2008). And he just start to work again maybe month ago. What do yo think? First, he is going to be my sponsore, and after that they will send their doc for AOS for her. I don't want to creat a problem for them.

Look for the poverty guidelines.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
I think they only look at last year income/taxes.

H guys! Does anybody knows how much income should my sponsore have? For the last year he has only 25.000 and he is going married on July 7. Can he be a sponsor for two person with this income - for me and for his future wife in that case? Before that he has 60.000 (2009) and 80.000 (2008). And he just start to work again maybe month ago. What do yo think? First, he is going to be my sponsore, and after that they will send their doc for AOS for her. I don't want to creat a problem for them.

Hello friends,

iam in the process of collecting all documents required to send my AoS next month. Iam following directions from this webpage

uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I have a few Questions;
1) Are the directions on this page are correct and are they what you guys followed?
2) According to that page there is no I-134 required...Is that correct?
3) If I-134 is required then, is it required to be mailed with the AOS application? or is it required ONLY to be pressent at the interview time?
4) to all the "Single"people who got their GC, were you asked at the interview for I-134? Iam thinking that I-134 becomes a requirment only if there is a spouse or children involoved in the case...does anyone have an insight about this???

Thanks alot friends
Thank you

Hi dv 2011 aos winners...

FIRSTLY CONGRATS!!!... & secondly I just have a couple quick and important Q's : )

1. If you get all your forms & payments together quickly - what is the quickest time do you think you could go through the whole AOS process? So from time of notification that you have been a DV 2011 selectee to when you actually get your green card?... would it be 9-10 months or even a year to do this all?

2. What is the ALL UP AOS cost to go through this process - Including all application fees, medical, biometrics etc.? I don't need a breakdown but how much have you paid all up just to get a Green Card?

Thx Natalie : )