• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

ssj1,
..........maybe this is a sign of bad news ,but again if it was, they could just mail him a rejection notice...If I were him, I would seriously consider postponing the interview to August...That way they could not reject him at the interview...........

a) If the rejection is not done at acceptance, then usually (per what I have seen/read in the past) it is done only at the end by IO when s/he gets the file on their desk. Usually it is on their desk only on the day or the day before the intvw.!!

b) Postponing wont help. Technically all what matters is the 'date' one sign and file i-485.

Best!

Hello Again, I just added my signature as requested by some members.

Now i hope my number will be current in September, and i will know that next month when the August bulletin comes out.

My question is, Should i send my AOS application right after my number shows up in the bulletin?

OR

I should wait for some sort of letter from KCC or DOS or my FO?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have some questions hope any of you can give me some ideas for preparing the interview.
I graduated Dec 2010 (Master degree), unemployed (only work at the company for less than a month and I quit) and preparing for a test right now.
1. Will I have any problem for the interview buz I am not current on the employment status?
2. For the form I-864, I dont have W-2 and current employer letter.... would it be a problem for my interview? or should I just go head to find a job first?
3. Is it ok for my BF to be my I-864 sponsor? (he is U.S citizen and current employment)
4. Do I have to provide the current saving&checking balance? and how much?

Thanks!

I dont think I am going to postpone it to August cause the IL just mention that I need to bring all documents with me to the interview. so I am going to face it.

Let's see what is going to happen.

Hi eooedada,

I see you have the interview this month. Good Luck! BUT you are only going to be current in August... So.. I would definitely consult a highly qualified immigration attorney (like Sheela Murthy) before the interview to see what she advises (for example should you postpone it to August?).

Hi buddy,

I think you are right, I should go to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow and I hope I can win the 1st prize, that is better than GC right?

anyway, hope you guys all well and get the GC soon.

eooedada

ssj1,
That is very interesting point. Indeed AS35xxx would be current in August and theoretically he can have his interview in August or September. If he gets to be interviewed in June (not even July), that might cause them to reject him as his visa would NOT be available at the end of June...
Maybe the date he put is a typo?
I just remember, isn't eooedada the person that mailed the package back in October 2010.....never got rejected for all that time, and now get's interview....If I were him, I would go and buy a lottery ticket coz he would win the 1st prize. On the other hand, maybe this is a sign of bad news ,but again if it was, they could just mail him a rejection notice...If I were him, I would seriously consider postponing the interview to August...That way they could not reject him at the interview.

It is also kind of frustrating to me as I'm current in June, and as I'm standing now, I don't think i will get an interview before August....and he is only current in August and gets an interview in June......

Hi as44xxx,

Yes you should send the AOS right after your number shows up in the bulletin at before July 8 cause your number is high.

And when you get NOAs which is the receipt from USCIS for I-485, I 765 and I 131. you need to make an appintment with inforpass for biometrics after get your NOAs.the inforpass is a service in USCIS you can check online. just because you dont have too much time to wait for all the letters come out.

After biometrics done you can go USCIS again to tell them that you done with your biometrics, and you need to ask them for schedule an interview. otherwise your statue (DV case) may not ajusted before Spt 30, 2011.

Now i hope my number will be current, in September, and i will know that next month when the August bulletin comes out.

My question is, Should i send my AOS application right after my number shows up in the bulletin?

OR

Thanks

I tend to agree with you on your 1st point. I also read anecdotal evidence that supports that.
However I do not agree with you on (2). As many here if not most, have signed their I-485 BEFORE they were current . (mostly about 50 days before...)
Since we used the advanced notification.
I really believe that the key is to be current on the day of your interview.
There were multiple cases that the people have mentioned that at the end of the interviews,the IO went to check if a visa is available...
If your are not current, visa will not be available... and therefore you will be subject to rejection and the fee paid is lost.

a) If the rejection is not done at acceptance, then usually (per what I have seen/read in the past) it is done only at the end by IO when s/he gets the file on their desk. Usually it is on their desk only on the day or the day before the intvw.!!

b) Postponing wont help. Technically all what matters is the 'date' one sign and file i-485.

Best!

You should prepare everything to be ready and send it when you see the next VB published, most likely July 8th.
it is almost certain that AS will be CURRENT for August.
It all depends on your field office. If you are in San Jose or can move to San Jose, you will almost for sure get your G.C.

If it is really important to you, you should consider moving to SJ for 2-3 months.

Now i hope my number will be current in September, and i will know that next month when the August bulletin comes out.

OR

Thanks

1) No, just get I-134 from your BF and you're all set. Nobody said you have to have a job...when you go to the interview,
2)You don't need I-864, look for (1).
3)He can be the sponsor for I-134 , look for (1)
4)Don't need to, buy you can bring it to the interview just in case...

Hi all,

I have some questions hope any of you can give me some ideas for preparing the interview.
I graduated Dec 2010 (Master degree), unemployed (only work at the company for less than a month and I quit) and preparing for a test right now.
1. Will I have any problem for the interview buz I am not current on the employment status?
2. For the form I-864, I dont have W-2 and current employer letter.... would it be a problem for my interview? or should I just go head to find a job first?
3. Is it ok for my BF to be my I-864 sponsor? (he is U.S citizen and current employment)
4. Do I have to provide the current saving&checking balance? and how much?

Thanks!

Change of Address after Filling 1-485 -Different States

Hi, I am planning to move from IL to TX to attend a college in Houston , early August. My number might be current in the coming visa bulletin- AS40*** and I opted to do AOS. Currently I am on OPT working here in IL and that will be my current address and a place which I will be filling my 1-485 if Asia will be current btn 8-12 July. Meaning I will use my IL address.
But, by me moving to TX for school , which is a must requirement as F1 and my number being that high. My question is- can I file with IL address and had biometric and Interview done at TX and what are the chances that change of address from IL to TX might jeopardize my timeline to even have a slot for biometric, or interview and/or risk of files transfers or process within two different FO.

Here's what I have to say... And I had to deal with a similar dilemma...

1) If you HAVE submitted your I-485 do NOT change your address now.

2) If you have NOT submitted your I-485 put in the address where you'll be when the interview will most likely be scheduled.

Hi, I am planning to move from IL to TX to attend a college in Houston , early August. My number might be current in the coming visa bulletin- AS40*** and I opted to do AOS. Currently I am on OPT working here in IL and that will be my current address and a place which I will be filling my 1-485 if Asia will be current btn 8-12 July. Meaning I will use my IL address.
But, by me moving to TX for school , which is a must requirement as F1 and my number being that high. My question is- can I file with IL address and had biometric and Interview done at TX and what are the chances that change of address from IL to TX might jeopardize my timeline to even have a slot for biometric, or interview and/or risk of files transfers or process within two different FO.

Thanks.
I have not sent 1-485 yet, as the number might be current next month, but I am worried with the timeline. So what will I fill at G-325A on work history and address history.They will show that -I will be still working in IL and lived in IL up to the date that I was sending my 1-485 right. Any suggestions?

For some, yes and for some, no....
QUOTE=manaysha;2310630]hi guys!
If they approve the case, do they put stamp in the passport or not? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, Yoni.

Also, did you find out any information abt your interview letter yet?

Thanks!

1) No, just get I-134 from your BF and you're all set. Nobody said you have to have a job...when you go to the interview,
2)You don't need I-864, look for (1).
3)He can be the sponsor for I-134 , look for (1)
4)Don't need to, buy you can bring it to the interview just in case...

Thanks Feel! I'm really confused about whole process, now I'm reading in this forum that I have a possibility of regection on the interview, cause I filled out the I-485 so early, and that if they haven't regected me during the acceptence, they can do it during the interview for the same reason. I'm really nervose about that.
The good thing that I found the sponsor, one of my friend agree to be my sponsor. Hopefully he won't change his mind the last minute. God bless him for helping and all you guys. :)
For some, yes and for some, no....
QUOTE=manaysha;2310630]hi guys!
If they approve the case, do they put stamp in the passport or not? Just curious.
[/QUOTE]

Dear Forum Members,

I had a question about the form I-134. In regards to section 11 of the document - where is says I "intend" or "do not intend to make specific contributions to support the person" does it matter if "do not intend" is checked. Because I do not want to pressure the sponsor to put a check on something he is not comfortable with. I feel that it is not necessary for sponsor to make specific contributions for the form I-134 to be valid.

In addition, for supporting evidence what are the documents we need. Is an employment letter sufficient for this case. Or do we also need to have tax return forms from last year from the sponsor. My sponsor makes above 100 K so I dont think it is necessary for him to also provide bank statements as his income is sufficient. Anyone whoever had taken form I-134 along with them for the interview, if they can provide suggestions that will be great.

My case number is AS20###, provided my biometric and currently waiting for the interview letter. Thanks in advance.

Karen,
I'm still waiting....everyday that I check the mailbox and find it empty makes me feel worse.
I haven't tried calling USCIS, maybe I should, but from past stories, I don't think they would tell me anything beyond, "please wait..."
I do wonder if some here have tried to call USCIS and actually were told that the interview letter was sent????

I do call KCC to check if my file was requested...so far no.

Thank you so much, Yoni.

Also, did you find out any information abt your interview letter yet?

Thanks!

Hi Natorquest!
I understand you perfectlly! I will take to the interview the I -134 form, and my form I check "I do not intend". Try to read the same forum, page 83. In that page I found that you can put it. Also, I want to bring the TAx for the last 3 years for the sponsor, employee letter of my sponsor and copy of his passport.
Dear Forum Members,

I had a question about the form I-134. In regards to section 11 of the document - where is says I "intend" or "do not intend to make specific contributions to support the person" does it matter if "do not intend" is checked. Because I do not want to pressure the sponsor to put a check on something he is not comfortable with. I feel that it is not necessary for sponsor to make specific contributions for the form I-134 to be valid.

In addition, for supporting evidence what are the documents we need. Is an employment letter sufficient for this case. Or do we also need to have tax return forms from last year from the sponsor. My sponsor makes above 100 K so I dont think it is necessary for him to also provide bank statements as his income is sufficient. Anyone whoever had taken form I-134 along with them for the interview, if they can provide suggestions that will be great.

My case number is AS20###, provided my biometric and currently waiting for the interview letter. Thanks in advance.