• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Karen,
I called KCC and ask whether my file was requested by USCIS and they told me no.
I wonder if you also called them?
If for example they did request the file, then i would know that I'm for some reason behind. But if not, then maybe that is the ok.
Reason I'm saying this is because it assume our cases are handled by same person/department.

Yoni,

My status did not change and I think you will get it very soon. ;)
Or if you are really worry maybe you can give them a call, but if I were you.. I will wait couple days first tho. But I really think you will get it very soon, just like I got the Bio letter after you, right?
btw, what's the difference between generic letter and a letter that is applicable to DV case?

Yoni,

I did not call KCC.
Did you find out any reason why USCIS haven't request your case?

Karen,
I called KCC and ask whether my file was requested by USCIS and they told me no.
I wonder if you also called them?
If for example they did request the file, then i would know that I'm for some reason behind. But if not, then maybe that is the ok.
Reason I'm saying this is because it assume our cases are handled by same person/department.

i don't think KCC knows what is the reason for file not being requested...
They will only send it if asked...
I'm very curious to know if in your case, they requested or not.
Some here said before that usually, they will request the file from KCC when the schedule your interview...because that seems to be the trigger when they actually pull out your file and work on it...
But some others as we know had their interview and their file was not even requested...

Yoni,

I did not call KCC.
Did you find out any reason why USCIS haven't request your case?

Guys my lawyer gave me only copies of translations- birth certificate, devorce certificate, high school certificate and diploma certificate- translations. He said that he sent the original translation to the USCIS. Is it normal to have only copies of translations or I should have originals? I need your advice, please.

I-134

Hey Guys,
Seems that I-134 is a must to have for the interview. If someone like me does not have anyone in USA to be fill the form for, what can he/she do? Just taking pay stubs and tax returns is same as I-134 or it will not be as strong and useful as I-134?

Thanks

P.S. I am grad student and I get payed by university.

I-134

Guys do I need to fill out only I-134, or I need to get Employee Verification Letter and W-2 as well? Please experts give your advise.

Quetions for experts. Please guys help with info.

1 question - Should I bring at the interview ORIGINAL OR COPY of translations. My layer gave me only copy and said that originals he sent with I 485 form. Is it normal, or I should translate it again in order to have originals?
2 - Should my sponser fill out only I-134 or he should also gave me the copy of his American passport, W-2, and employee verification letter?
3 - Is it bad that by the day of my interivew My International passport will be expired. My interivew on July 12, and it will expired on July 5. I've already in process to re-new it, but I don't have any documents regarding this process. However, I have my old one. In Embassy they said that my passport going to be done only in Three months.

Please guys who can answer this question. i'll really really appreciate this. Thansk to everybody and good luck! :)

I don't consider myself an expert BUT I have been through the mill.. the pain, the guts the glory.. Anywayz here's what I think (in my opinion) -

1. If you sent originals... You should be good. Never advisable to send originals though unless specifically instructed. Bring copies of everything and any originals u did not submit.

2. You need your sponsors copy of GC and W2s just in case.

3. You should be ok as long as you have proof that you have taken steps to extend it. It may not even be brought up.

1 question - Should I bring at the interview ORIGINAL OR COPY of translations. My layer gave me only copy and said that originals he sent with I 485 form. Is it normal, or I should translate it again in order to have originals?
2 - Should my sponser fill out only I-134 or he should also gave me the copy of his American passport, W-2, and employee verification letter?
3 - Is it bad that by the day of my interivew My International passport will be expired. My interivew on July 12, and it will expired on July 5. I've already in process to re-new it, but I don't have any documents regarding this process. However, I have my old one. In Embassy they said that my passport going to be done only in Three months.

Please guys who can answer this question. i'll really really appreciate this. Thansk to everybody and good luck! :)

Thansk SSj1!!!
The reason why I'm worried, because I tried to call Russian Embassy couple of time, I send them fax and mail with money order to send me back some kind of doc, that my PP has been in process already, but they didn't answer. That's why I don't have any proof that my PP in process.

Also, do I need to bank statments and Afidavid Employee Letter from my sponsor?

Thansk so much for helping. God Bless you and all people in this forum. :)

I don't consider myself an expert BUT I have been through the mill.. the pain, the guts the glory.. Anywayz here's what I think (in my opinion) -

1. If you sent originals... You should be good. Never advisable to send originals though unless specifically instructed. Bring copies of everything and any originals u did not submit.

2. You need your sponsors copy of GC and W2s just in case.

3. You should be ok as long as you have proof that you have taken steps to extend it. It may not even be brought up.

You should bring both of the original and translation (if original is in your native language) of any document. In my case, I submitted only translation of my marriage certificate. But the IO asked for the original one and took a copy of original from me.

Don't forget to bring at least one photocopy of each document. Best of luck for your interview.

Sharminlee Thanks so much!
Sorry for bothering, but I'm not quiet sure regarding translations.
For example, I have ORIGINAL DOC( in my native language) - which are birth certificate, divorce certificate, high school diploma, etc. Also I have ORIGINALS of translations, which my laywer did and sent with I-485, and I have copy of these translations.
My question is - should I bring the ORIGINAL translationls, or the copy of translations will be enough, as long as they have the originals? Of course, I'm going to bring the Original doc in my native language as well.

You should bring both of the original and translation (if original is in your native language) of any document. In my case, I submitted only translation of my marriage certificate. But the IO asked for the original one and took a copy of original from me.

Don't forget to bring at least one photocopy of each document. Best of luck for your interview.

If you already sent original translated document, then bring the copy of them during your interview. You don't need to get another original translated document.

Sharminlee Thanks so much!
Sorry for bothering, but I'm not quiet sure regarding translations.
For example, I have ORIGINAL DOC( in my native language) - which are birth certificate, divorce certificate, high school diploma, etc. Also I have ORIGINALS of translations, which my laywer did and sent with I-485, and I have copy of these translations.
My question is - should I bring the ORIGINAL translationls, or the copy of translations will be enough, as long as they have the originals? Of course, I'm going to bring the Original doc in my native language as well.

Thansk Sharminlee! :) Now I'm planning to go to San Francisco on Monday to get any kind of letter from Russian Embassy with explanations that my passport has been already in process. I hope it will be enough.
If you already sent original translated document, then bring the copy of them during your interview. You don't need to get another original translated document.

Update

I just got my IL :)
Even if the interview in in more than one month, at least I know my case is moving forward.

BTW, my IL only asks for original documents, nothing financial related or so!!! Hope this is a good sign.

Congratulations Joseph230. BWT guys in I-134 form do I need to out "I intend

Congratulations Joseph230!!!!!! :))))) Please guys who Karen and Joseph provide me witth info what doc I you planning to take to the interview.
BWT guys in I-134 form do I need to put "I intend" or "I don't intend". What is the difference? Is it going to work if I put "I don't intend" or I must to put "I intent"?????

Thanks to everybody!!!!!
I just got my IL :)
Even if the interview in in more than one month, at least I know my case is moving forward.

BTW, my IL only asks for original documents, nothing financial related or so!!! Hope this is a good sign.

OMG! I'm trying to type fast, and I have a lot of mistakes.Sorry for that. Question is should I PUT "I intend" or "I don't intend" :)