• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Yoni123,

There are two pages on the IL.
First page basically just tell you where you go for interview and what time.The second page is a checklist to prepare for your interview which include interview notice, gov issued ID, Form i-864, any immigration-related docs, EAD, FORM I-512, PASSPORTS, I94, birth certificate...etc.
I haven't prepare yet and I am sure you will get your IL VERY SOON.

Hey karen127,
Congrats on getting the interview letter.
Could please share the details of the letter (of course without personal details)
Like, what kind of docs are they asking you to bring to interview?
Did you get the generic letter or a letter that is applicable to DV case?
Thanks...
I submitted my package around the time you did, so i guess I should receive it soon...

Karen it's seems that we have inteirvew the same day. Please keep in touch regarding preparation for that. What time are you scheduled for intervew?
Hi Yoni123,

First page basically just tell you where you go for interview and what time.The second page is a checklist to prepare for your interview which include interview notice, gov issued ID, Form i-864, any immigration-related docs, EAD, FORM I-512, PASSPORTS, I94, birth certificate...etc.

congrats!!! happy to see you on the green side.

Got the GC...:)

I am so happy that I am eventually done with this!

This is an excellent forum with excellent people. Thanks much for the people who patiently answered my questions along my tough journey. I congratulate again all of people successfully completed this journey and I wish good luck to the ones whose cases have not concluded yet.

PS: I feel like I could not really help to people in this forum since I had to write a 200 pages of dissertation which is waiting to be defended in two weeks. However, I will be around after my PhD defense and will try to help the others as much as I can.

congrats for getting IL. in my opinion, your bank papers and w4's should be fine. but if you can manage a i-134 from anybody, you should be in the safe side.

Guys If I have more that 18.000 $ on my account should I submit I-134. Also I have copy of the job offer? Thanks to everybody. :)

I think my FO is the same as Karen127. LA
That's why I'm little nervous that i didn't get the IL...
There are already two at the same place and date.

Hi Yoni123,

The IL timing varies depending on the Field Office... Which is your FO?

Hi Karen127,
Looks like you got the generic letter since the I-864 is not relevant...
My FO is probably like yours and manaysha. But I haven't received IL...since you both got it for same day...do you think they might have lost my letter in the postal service or something?
I wonder, if you check your status on uscis website, did it change the "last updated" date? I know that status itself would not change only after the interview to (hopefully) CPO, but still...
Can you please check that and let me know,.

]
Hi Yoni123,

Yoni,

My status did not change and I think you will get it very soon. ;)
Or if you are really worry maybe you can give them a call, but if I were you.. I will wait couple days first tho. But I really think you will get it very soon, just like I got the Bio letter after you, right?
btw, what's the difference between generic letter and a letter that is applicable to DV case?

Hi Karen127,
Looks like you got the generic letter since the I-864 is not relevant...
My FO is probably like yours and manaysha. But I haven't received IL...since you both got it for same day...do you think they might have lost my letter in the postal service or something?
I wonder, if you check your status on uscis website, did it change the "last updated" date? I know that status itself would not change only after the interview to (hopefully) CPO, but still...
Can you please check that and let me know,.

]

Well some here received a custom letter that specifically listed items to bring specific to their case...so they were asked for I-134, when they had F-1 and they were asked to bring specific I-20s etc...
But there were also many like you that received the generic interview letter, that others like family based cases receive...
I hope you're right about my letter...

Yoni,

My status did not change and I think you will get it very soon. ;)
Or if you are really worry maybe you can give them a call, but if I were you.. I will wait couple days first tho. But I really think you will get it very soon, just like I got the Bio letter after you, right?
btw, what's the difference between generic letter and a letter that is applicable to DV case?

Guys and Gals,
The VB for advanced notification for August is here....
Almost everybody is CURRENT expect AS and AF (but with very high jump to 70000) so they're pretty much also current.
If you think about it, these people still have more than 3.5 months left till the fiscal year...they can all get their GC....

AFRICA 71,800
(Ethiopia 32,400)

ASIA 39,750

EUROPE CURRENT
(Uzbekistan UNAVAILABLE)

NORTH AMERICA(BAHAMAS) CURRENT

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

My status didn't change either. In your case Yoni I'll wait maybe more week or two, cause it's seems like they received letter by batch. Cause we have it in the same day with Karen and it's the same FO. And if I understand right it's even the same letter. CAuse mine looks like it is written about marrige case, not DV. They even didn't ask to bring High School Diploma. In that case I a little bit confused.

Karen what are you planning to take with you in interview? Could you please you write it down.
I think my FO is the same as Karen127. LA
That's why I'm little nervous that i didn't get the IL...
There are already two at the same place and date.

You wrote that Russian embassy is close to you. I think you have to go there or you can mail them your passport and extend it. But call them first. If embassy is close I think it will be better if you go there, never know what can happen with a mail. Udachi
Mine is at 1.30 pm. I'm so nervous. What should I bring with me, case the IL letter really confused.

To say the truth it's not so close. I'm living in LA, but Embassy in SAn Francisco, I've already sent all my doc one week ago, of course the original passport i keep. They say that it's possible and they will send me a letter, which will proof that I'm in process of re-new my PP. But I haven't received any letter form them yet. Of course if by the end of the month I still won't get it, I'll go by myself. I just want to know - Does anybody in this forum, have the same issue with PP, it has been expired by the day of interview?
You wrote that Russian embassy is close to you. I think you have to go there or you can mail them your passport and extend it. But call them first. If embassy is close I think it will be better if you go there, never know what can happen with a mail. Udachi

Hi Yoni123,

I went through the same angst waiting for it... So I actually did an infopass and asked about it (by then it was almost 4 months since I got my AOS acceptance notification). The officer was very nice and said my interview was in-line to be scheduled, and sure enough got my IL within a week afterwards.

Hey karen127,
Congrats on getting the interview letter.
Could please share the details of the letter (of course without personal details)
Like, what kind of docs are they asking you to bring to interview?
Did you get the generic letter or a letter that is applicable to DV case?
Thanks...
I submitted my package around the time you did, so i guess I should receive it soon...

Manaysha,

I haven't prepare for the interview yet...but I will let you know what I am going to bring in couple days tho.
I am pretty sure that I will have some question and hope we can help each other!

My status didn't change either. In your case Yoni I'll wait maybe more week or two, cause it's seems like they received letter by batch. Cause we have it in the same day with Karen and it's the same FO. And if I understand right it's even the same letter. CAuse mine looks like it is written about marrige case, not DV. They even didn't ask to bring High School Diploma. In that case I a little bit confused.

Karen what are you planning to take with you in interview? Could you please you write it down.