• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

@feel: Thanks a lot. Nice to see u around.

@leynabee: Thanks a lot. Hope your husband will complete the processes very soon.

@Laplace: Thanks a lot. You are now very close to green side :)

@kambo: Thanks a lot. You are on right track.

@manaysha: Thanks a lot. So, you are now current. You should get the interview letter soon.

Hi All!

I have a considerably low case umber (AS7XXX) and had previously applied for CP but the interview letter was delivered late and literally 2 days after I had left my country, Malaysia to go for a semester of study abroad in spain. So i had notified the consulate that I wont be able to make it and tried to transfer my interview post to spain, but the embassy in spain was such a headache to deal with and so i could nt get it transferred there on time.

Now I'm finally back in the US and have spoken to USCIS and KCC to see if I can change it to AOS and I was told that that should not be a problem; however, i fear that there might not be enough time for me to get everything done if i send in my documents by end of next week to the latest after medicals and all.

Wht do you guys think? how long will it normally take for an interview to be scheduled from the time the chicago lockbox receives my aos application (my interview post according to my zipcode will be minneapolis, mn)

Sharminlee, I'm praying every day for that! I hope every gert their GC. :)Tosay I call to USCIS, the

Sharminlee, I'm praying every day for that! I hope everybody here get their GC. :)ToDay I call to USCIS, they said that the process time for LA for my case 45 days more, to say the truth I don't know what does it mean, but at least nobody said me that I was regected.
@feel: Thanks a lot. Nice to see u around.

@leynabee: Thanks a lot. Hope your husband will complete the processes very soon.

@Laplace: Thanks a lot. You are now very close to green side :)

@kambo: Thanks a lot. You are on right track.

@manaysha: Thanks a lot. So, you are now current. You should get the interview letter soon.

Congrats!

1) If you apply in the next 2 weeks or so, your odds are still very good, but you would need to be utterly DILIGENT about it. Field office processing times vary. So be mindful of that. Start by reading every single post on this forum from page 1.

2) Before submitting your documents double check every single document 4 times or more. I realized I had forgotten checkboxes etc. even in the 10th review. You cannot afford a mistake at this point. IF you need to consult an attorney only go with the best. There are many who will readily take your money and lead you down the wrong path. The no.1 immigration attorney in the US is Sheela Murthy and no.2 in Mehta, but even if you need a consultation for advice I suggest you submit the documents on your own.

Hi All!

I have a considerably low case umber (AS7XXX) and had previously applied for CP but the interview letter was delivered late and literally 2 days after I had left my country, Malaysia to go for a semester of study abroad in spain. So i had notified the consulate that I wont be able to make it and tried to transfer my interview post to spain, but the embassy in spain was such a headache to deal with and so i could nt get it transferred there on time.

Now I'm finally back in the US and have spoken to USCIS and KCC to see if I can change it to AOS and I was told that that should not be a problem; however, i fear that there might not be enough time for me to get everything done if i send in my documents by end of next week to the latest after medicals and all.

Wht do you guys think? how long will it normally take for an interview to be scheduled from the time the chicago lockbox receives my aos application (my interview post according to my zipcode will be minneapolis, mn)

Dear all,

I was wondering if any one here is in F1 status and has traveled with the Advanced Payrole.I was wondering if there was any problem at the Point of entry regarding this because F1 and I485 is a dual intent. So please help me out. Thank you for everything.

Rayoubi,

I have sent my package to them in same day, still no news, did you get any news from them.

experienced guy, any advise?

Thanks

Hey guys,
I sent my AOS package on the 12/05 and haven't gotten any text or email for acceptance, After looking at the spreadsheet, some people took them 4 days and others almost a month, should I be worried? Is there anyway to call them in order to see if they have it ?
Thanks,

hmouse;
why you send your package early? ASIA cut-off number for July is 33,775. Good luck, i wish they will accept your package soon.

Hey hmouse,

I just got a text message/email from Uscis. I hope my processing won't take too long, do you guys think walk-in Biometric make my processing time faster ???

This was the email :
Dear Applicant/Petitioner:
Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

Rayoubi,

I have sent my package to them in same day, still no news, did you get any news from them.

experienced guy, any advise?

Thanks

Congrats on getting acceptance. I did not find any evidence that walk-in biometric expedites the case processing. However, if your FO allows walk-in biometric, why don't you avail that opportunity? But you need to receive your biometric letter before walk-in.

Hey hmouse,

I just got a text message/email from Uscis. I hope my processing won't take too long, do you guys think walk-in Biometric make my processing time faster ???

This was the email :
Dear Applicant/Petitioner:
Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

Hey fiftystm,
I noticed on the spreadsheet that you just received you interview letter to take place in about two weeks.
First Congrats on that.
Since I also sent my package at about the same time like you, most of our dates are within 1-2 days of each other. You actually were couple day behind me, but received the IL sooner...I mean i didn't get that yet...
Can you please describe how does your letter look like, and what things do they ask you to bring to the interview?
Did you get that generic letter asking things that do not apply to us like I864, etc or did you get a custom written letter?
Thanks!

Hey Yoni123,

Just wondering what your Field Office is? Some field offices take more time with the IL.

Hey fiftystm,
I noticed on the spreadsheet that you just received you interview letter to take place in about two weeks.
First Congrats on that.
Since I also sent my package at about the same time like you, most of our dates are within 1-2 days of each other. You actually were couple day behind me, but received the IL sooner...I mean i didn't get that yet...
Can you please describe how does your letter look like, and what things do they ask you to bring to the interview?
Did you get that generic letter asking things that do not apply to us like I864, etc or did you get a custom written letter?
Thanks!

Something interesting happened!

My status changed to CPO as of June 1st. But today I got another update for my status which says that it is CPO but date shows that June 6th! There is something wrong?

What do you guys think?

PS: I recieved the Welcome letter as of today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is wrong. Your status will soon change to PDA and 3-4 days after that you will get your card.

My status changed to CPO as of June 1st. But today I got another update for my status which says that it is CPO but date shows that June 6th! There is something wrong?

What do you guys think?

It's a good news!!! It indicates that your GC has been printed today. But you are resident since 6/1/11. In your card you will find, residence since: 6/1/11 and car expires on 6/6/21. Your status will change to PDA withing next 2/3 days, which will indicate your GC has been mailed.

What do you guys think?

IL:confused:

Hey All,
I have not received my IL yet!!! :( I am a little bit worried. Is there any thing that I can do to make the process go on?! or even to get any inside info about my status?!

Thanks